Thanksgiving Postgame: Packers 29 Lions 22

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Time to go slap the chiefs around. Run the table????

What a great win and energy this team brought. They beat up a stud OL today. Gary was monster and Preston Smith is old Mr reliable.

I would stay with Quay and McDuffie.

Secondary played with pride. The last 3 weeks have been a blast to watch and I think they are just getting started

GPG. Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I like Jordan Love a lot. Cool guy.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
23 Nov 2023 15:35
Time to go slap the chiefs around. Run the table????

What a great win and energy this team brought. They beat up a stud OL today. Gary was monster and Preston Smith is old Mr reliable.

I would stay with Quay and McDuffie.

Secondary played with pride. The last 3 weeks have been a blast to watch and I think they are just getting started

GPG. Happy Thanksgiving 🦃
Been waiting for a while for Gary to turn from a high pressure, good PFF grade, guy, to a game changer. Hoping today was that day. He was awesome.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

I have been very critical of Jordon Love and Watson this year on this forum. This game shuts me up for at least a week :lol: Love looking like he knows what he's doing and executing well most of the time. Good game. Gary definitely earning his contract. With all the injuries the entire team really stepped up. Nice to see. We need to quit missing extra points.

Go Pack Go!!!

Winning this game is why I was so pissed when we lost to an overrated steeler team. We should be 6-5 dammit. Not giving up hope on a wild card until there is none. This game proves we can beat any team on our schedule the rest of the year. Not saying it will happen, but they can.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Nov 2023 15:43
I like Jordan Love a lot. Cool guy.
His personality is awesome. Partly could be because he isn't famous yet, but the dude is such a players leader.

I love how he leads.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pretty crazy that our first back to back wins this year came in the Chargers/Lions/Chiefs stretch.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I told you all jordan love would prove you wrong.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I would say this was the first time MLF has won a game as a real underdog. The D being forced to go with a heavier front and be aggressive should be the blue print tattooed on Barry's forehead going forward. We finally forced the action on both sides of the ball. Keep it up and we'll be set up well for the rest of the year.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Gotta give some love to Owens as well. He made some tackles from safety that we haven't seen since Chuck Cecil.

Great all round game. I was screaming at the TV to watch the fake punt and Bisaccia had them ready. Fun watching it start to click for young players. The future is bright.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
23 Nov 2023 14:50
My only complaint is that Love continues to under throw Watson.

Is that just a practice rep thing given Watson's injury history? I mean, Love clearly has the arm strength, but so often with Watson it is short.
Watson runs his routes too fast. ;)

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
23 Nov 2023 15:18
Drj820 wrote:
23 Nov 2023 14:52
Lafleur has beaten the hot seat chargers for 2023 in my eyes. 2nd year in a row the packers have appeared in dissaray by mid year but appear to have made a second half of season rebound. Props to coach for keeping the boys together when the house looked like it could collapse.
I will always say it.

Lotta ball game left. If we only win once or twice in December the mob will crawl out again
For me no matter what happens from here on out as far as our record goes, if we continue to play well and improve every week our future looks bright. :grin:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

German_Panzer wrote:
23 Nov 2023 15:28
go pak go wrote:
23 Nov 2023 14:44
Only real complaints are the two drops on offense.

And our kicker missed another extra point. It's starting to grab my attention. The last thing you want to worry about is a shaky kicker once you go for a SB (which could be as soon as in 24).

But that's not even a footnote today. An injury-riddled young team, in the midst of a tough season, comes to Detroit and shatters its wet dream (for now), essentially avenging what they did to us last season. Kudos! MLF still may look like a schoolboy to Campbell, but who cares as long as the results are coming.
I have worries about our kicker too. He has the leg (he came up 5 yards short on that 65 yard FG try at the end of the first half) but we can't have a guy miss x-tra points like this.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
23 Nov 2023 17:06
I told you all jordan love would prove you wrong.
:lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Cdragon wrote:
23 Nov 2023 17:19
I would say this was the first time MLF has won a game as a real underdog. The D being forced to go with a heavier front and be aggressive should be the blue print tattooed on Barry's forehead going forward. We finally forced the action on both sides of the ball. Keep it up and we'll be set up well for the rest of the year.
The D should have been playing aggressive like this since week 1. :?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Nov 2023 17:38
Love how much that meant to him!! :heart: :packers:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
23 Nov 2023 18:22
go pak go wrote:
23 Nov 2023 15:18
Drj820 wrote:
23 Nov 2023 14:52
Lafleur has beaten the hot seat chargers for 2023 in my eyes. 2nd year in a row the packers have appeared in dissaray by mid year but appear to have made a second half of season rebound. Props to coach for keeping the boys together when the house looked like it could collapse.
I will always say it.

Lotta ball game left. If we only win once or twice in December the mob will crawl out again
For me no matter what happens from here on out as far as our record goes, if we continue to play well and improve every week our future looks bright. :grin:
If we play well and improve every week...I gaurantee you our record will be good to end the season.
Yoop wrote:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Pugger wrote:
23 Nov 2023 18:24

I have worries about our kicker too. He has the leg (he came up 5 yards short on that 65 yard FG try at the end of the first half) but we can't have a guy miss x-tra points like this.
Interesting. I thought his short FG from 65 showed he has not some special leg. Crosby in his prime would have had the length, would you not think?

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

German_Panzer wrote:
23 Nov 2023 18:55
Pugger wrote:
23 Nov 2023 18:24

Interesting. I thought his short FG from 65 showed he has not some special leg. Crosby in his prime would have had the length, would you not think?
I am not sold on Carlson, but I definitely think he should continue to be our kicker. I was a hater in the offseason, and he has performed well enough since then to prove me wrong. I think Crosby was significantly underrated, because as we researched in the offseason, Crosby's FG % was sort of average but he pretty much always hit the clutch kicks when you needed them. Carlson is more of a normal kicker, misses some, makes some, not clutch but not a choker either.