Thanksgiving Postgame: Packers 29 Lions 22

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Great team win. Lots of young talent that keeps getting batter. Watching this team without expectations this year and just enjoying the process makes a win like todays especially terrific

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

go pak go wrote:
23 Nov 2023 19:21
I don't get the angst about getting the extra 11 yards before half.

You only get a free kick if it's blocked. A missed kick is a missed kick.

And it would have been like a 74 yard FG
66 yard FG, because it wouldn't have to be thrown 8 yards back by the centre. And the trajectory could be lower because there would be no rush.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Gary had a dominating game, along with constant pressure, the sacks are starting to come, the strip sack, and Owens scoop for a score, imo set the stage.

from start to finish Love was outstanding, this is the kind of performance we hoped for, that shot to Reed for the TD was pint point perfect.

Dillon had some very good runs, WAtson finally produced, Reed seems to always be open.

Barry finally goes with heavy front and pass rush, it saved our secondary, why did Barry wait till all he has are rookies to play more man coverage? was this his plan, play rope a dope defense till the last 7 games? I can't figure that guy out, the stop on the punt fake, awesome.

best game we've played in a long time, tough watching with a crowd of people screaming and yelling, I taped it and will re watch, I'am sure I missed some other key parts

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

dsr wrote:
24 Nov 2023 03:11
go pak go wrote:

66 yard FG, because it wouldn't have to be thrown 8 yards back by the centre. And the trajectory could be lower because there would be no rush.
Huh. I did not know that.

Thank you for teaching me something new.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I will happily eat crow regarding Jordan Love. After the stretch of the Raiders, Broncos, and Vikings, I was ready to throw in the towel. Glad he wasn't. Wow did he look good yesterday.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2023 06:20
dsr wrote:
24 Nov 2023 03:11
go pak go wrote:

Huh. I did not know that.

Thank you for teaching me something new.
As soon as he fair caught it I yelled out "free kick!" Impressed my Dad that I beat the announcers to it. I suppose the downside would be if you gave the ball back to DET with 1 second left for a hail Mary try?

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
24 Nov 2023 05:21
Gary had a dominating game, along with constant pressure, the sacks are starting to come, the strip sack, and Owens scoop for a score, imo set the stage.

from start to finish Love was outstanding, this is the kind of performance we hoped for, that shot to Reed for the TD was pint point perfect.

Dillon had some very good runs, WAtson finally produced, Reed seems to always be open.

Barry finally goes with heavy front and pass rush, it saved our secondary, why did Barry wait till all he has are rookies to play more man coverage? was this his plan, play rope a dope defense till the last 7 games? I can't figure that guy out, the stop on the punt fake, awesome.

best game we've played in a long time, tough watching with a crowd of people screaming and yelling, I taped it and will re watch, I'am sure I missed some other key parts
I didn't realize that we had played so much man coverage yesterday. Thanks for pointing that out. I say we should keep it up.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

With all the good things and stuff seeming to go our way more than not, I think this squad played at a higher than usual emotional level. I hope they can maintain that against a good and experienced Chiefs team and beyond.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Captain_Ben wrote:
24 Nov 2023 10:04
Yoop wrote:
24 Nov 2023 05:21

I didn't realize that we had played so much man coverage yesterday. Thanks for pointing that out. I say we should keep it up.
Man is probably easier for rookies but man can also burn you. Especially against great and fast WRs like Williams St Brown

What went our way is we were really good in the RZ and 3rd/4th down defense
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Nov 2023 10:31
With all the good things and stuff seeming to go our way more than not, I think this squad played at a higher than usual emotional level. I hope they can maintain that against a good and experienced Chiefs team and beyond.
The Chiefs game is a game we are playing with house money.

I'm excited because I expect a loss but a win is a major bonus!
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Still needlessly throwing off the back foot and/or falling away. Great play though.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

and we did it with the youngest team in the league and missing key starters.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This has happened a lot, we are pretty &%$@ at pick plays as WRs.