Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Fournette waived.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazy, still on his rookie contract.

Guy was so damn talented in college.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Aug 2020 07:07
Yeah I think Dallas is for sure the favorite in the NFC East. They will be a tough squad this year.
well as far as I'am concerned McCarthy is my favorite coach in the NFC east :lol: I wish him well except when facing Matt Lafluer.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

They just cut him? Why? This doesn't make any sense.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Waldo wrote:
31 Aug 2020 08:22
They just cut him? Why? This doesn't make any sense.
They said they tried to trade him, could not get anything. Even a late round pick.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

:lol:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Packfntk wrote:
31 Aug 2020 08:29
They said they tried to trade him, could not get anything. Even a late round pick.
Fournette has 666 career carries, he's clearly tainted by the devil himself
IT. IS. TIME

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BSA wrote:
31 Aug 2020 09:30
Packfntk wrote:
31 Aug 2020 08:29
Fournette has 666 career carries, he's clearly tainted by the devil himself
Well that explains everything. Jeez, if people would know that, everyone wouldn't seem so shocked! :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

And Vikings fans think we should be concerned about their pass rush?

Read More. Post Less.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Why just dump him tho? He's on a rookie deal, he's not that expensive. He was at least serviceable. Must be an injury thing, long term prognosis. Kind of like the situ when GB moved on with Lacy, it was clear to the team at that time that he was never going to be the guy he was again.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Waldo wrote:
31 Aug 2020 10:06
Why just dump him tho? He's on a rookie deal, he's not that expensive. He was at least serviceable. Must be an injury thing, long term prognosis. Kind of like the situ when GB moved on with Lacy, it was clear to the team at that time that he was never going to be the guy he was again.
I don't know the specifics, but I think he was kind of a turd and it seems like Jacksonville is trying to clean up the vibe/character of the team. I don't fault them for that, if any of the rumblings I have heard are true.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

OTC with their take on Fournette and why Jags released him

https://overthecap.com/jaguars-release- ... fournette/

"Originally Fournette’s contract was fully guaranteed but after multiple run ins with the Jaguars organization which included a suspension the Jaguars voided the guarantees. This is, as far as I know, being contested by Fournette in a grievance. The amount at stake here is $4,167,393.

Fournette only has three seasons of work so his contract will be subject to waivers. It is possible that the Jaguars announced this move so early today in the hopes that someone with a low priority on the waiver wire may offer a trade at the last minute. That would be ideal for Jacksonville because it would take the grievance out of their hands for the most part as the new team would take on Fournette’s contract."
IT. IS. TIME

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Dewin James going to miss a lot of football again this season. Sad to see such a talent and may never be a guy that can be on the field.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Fournette never made sense sense to me. Good college player but a limited athlete. He should have never went as high as he did. I thought late first-late 2nd was his range but at the same time I would never take a RB in the 1st round unless they had dynamic combine numbers like Saquon or AP or even CJ2K.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
31 Aug 2020 10:05

And Vikings fans think we should be concerned about their pass rush?
If they dump Reif they’re just moving backwards. Not sure what some of these teams are thinking when they have a clear weakness and just neglect it year after year. I’ll take it though.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What do you think Reiff's market is?

We likely can't try and pick him up as I am sure we have some gauranteed money tied up with Wagner?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
31 Aug 2020 12:47

We likely can't try and pick him up as I am sure we have some gauranteed money tied up with Wagner?
I mean, cutting Wagner would save $1.3 million, so it could be done, but it seems very unlikely that we could afford him, nor that we would make that kind of move at this juncture--though the motivation of lining up across from the guy your team traded for resulting in your release would be delightful.

I'm more excited about the fact that Ezra Cleveland is now probably a rookie day 1 starter at OT for the Vikings unless they're running with Rashod Hill. Anyway, the Smiths and Gary should be pleased by this news.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Aug 2020 13:01
go pak go wrote:
31 Aug 2020 12:47

I mean, cutting Wagner would save $1.3 million, so it could be done, but it seems very unlikely that we could afford him, nor that we would make that kind of move at this juncture--though the motivation of lining up across from the guy your team traded for resulting in your release would be delightful.

I'm more excited about the fact that Ezra Cleveland is now probably a rookie day 1 starter at OT for the Vikings unless they're running with Rashod Hill. Anyway, the Smiths and Gary should be pleased by this news.

Read More. Post Less.