Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Monday, Reid walked back his criticism, saying that Toney failed to check with the ref before the play.

"Normally, he looks over to the sideline and just gets an OK," Reid told reporters. "On that one, he just happened not to. That's the coaching point. Just make sure you check with the guy on the side just to see if you're aligned. I mean, he's not lining up offsides on purpose. Listen, he was two inches or an inch from being legal. Like I said, you can argue both sides of it."
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-hc-andy ... enalty-we-
Walking back is right. He trashed the refs in the presser. And Toney wasn't merely an inch or 2 offside:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Supposedly this is the video of him checking with the ref, but he isn't set when he checks and moves forward.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah it sucks for the Chiefs. What an awesome way to win and then get your heart ripped out.

But Toney was clearly like a foot offsides. It was an absolute obvious call.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
11 Dec 2023 15:45
Yeah it sucks for the Chiefs. What an awesome way to win and then get your heart ripped out.

Doubt many fans are gunna be shedding any tears for the Chiefs.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

That was a crazy play. i hate to see them nullified by those things when they haven't really impacted a play, but there is no doubt he was offsides quite a bit. But seeing how often they let that slide on both sides every week, they picked a heck of a time to draw a line in the sand.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

musclestang wrote:
11 Dec 2023 16:22
That was a crazy play. i hate to see them nullified by those things when they haven't really impacted a play, but there is no doubt he was offsides quite a bit. But seeing how often they let that slide on both sides every week, they picked a heck of a time to draw a line in the sand.
Flag was thrown before it played out and offensive offsides has been an emphasis this year. That line in the sand unavoidable here.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 15:57
go pak go wrote:

Doubt many fans are gunna be shedding any tears for the Chiefs.
I know I won't be. I bathe in those tears. And I'll say that right to their face.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 16:24
musclestang wrote:
11 Dec 2023 16:22
Flag was thrown before it played out and offensive offsides has been an emphasis this year. That line in the sand unavoidable here.
yep flag came out immediately on the snap of the ball

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Biggest change I would make is just blow the whistle at the snap.

What’s the point of playing it out? D isn’t gunna have a clue it’s a free play, just risking injury.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 16:59
Biggest change I would make is just blow the whistle at the snap.

What’s the point of playing it out? D isn’t gunna have a clue it’s a free play, just risking injury.
There could be a defensive foul on the play, offsetting, and replay the down.

How about if these numbnuts just learn how to line up ? Is that really asking too much ? Seriously
IT. IS. TIME

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:

He was at least a foot past the ball. He needed to be behind the ball on the offense's side of the neutral zone. He was closer to two or 2.5 feet too far forward.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 19:16
Mahomes and the coach would get more sympathy if they had called out bad calls that went in their favor over the years. But I have never heard a coach or player do that in my 57 years of watching football. So suck it up. It wasn't a bad call.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Staley and GM Tom Telesco just fired, not surprisingly.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Madcity_matt wrote:
15 Dec 2023 11:19
Yeah last night watching the first of that one Im not sure how they didnt fire Staley. His team completely quit on him and for him to be a defensive coach and be that bad he needed to go.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Brandon Staley would be such a MLF hire for D-Coord should we move on from Barry this offseason.

And as much as I hate to admit it to myself, I can also kinda see how it would make sense.

Still, I rather have Leonhard, and I am not even as in love with that idea as lots of Packer fans are.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Madcity_matt wrote:
15 Dec 2023 11:19
About three years too late for both of them...

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I'd rather have Evero than Staley

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

packman114 wrote:
15 Dec 2023 21:41
I'd rather have Evero than Staley
For sure, but I think Evero is an HC candidate at this point, and I don't see taking a lateral move to the team that snubbed him this same position in favor of for Joe Barry (I mean that's just insulting).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Given the Jets are just looking awful. Just lost 30-0.

5-15 in their last 20 games. I don't see a way Aaron that make them all that much better next year.

What if the Jets decide to dump Douglas and Saleh? Would Woody tell the new GM and HC they have to keep Aaron next year? Or if they don't want him, where might he play next year?

SF always came up a lot, but Purdy looking too good.

MN would be just too funny. Kirk is unsigned, but I think they'd rather have him for another ~3 years than go with Aaron for 1.

Seattle? I thought made sense last offseason. You just aren't gunna win a SB with Geno Smith, and Carroll is the oldest HC in the league, only maybe a few years left.

Steelers? More clear Kenny Pickett isn't the guy, pretty competitive team, Aaron seems to have respect for Tomlin (as does everyone)

Colts are up and coming, maybe they think Richardson isn't quite ready yet, competitive, got the money.

Raiders? Get with Tae, closer to home to the family he doesn't like, depends on the coach?

Can't envision Washington, but they got a ton of really good receiving weapons, guessing will have a new coach.

Buccaneers - Baker just a guy other than playing Barry, decent team, good WR's.

Falcons, guess I don't see it either way.

Rams, maybe if Stafford retires, really good WR's.

Think that's about the list.