Packers @ Panthers GDT: Sunday, Dec. 24th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ Panthers GDT: Sunday, Dec. 24th, 12:00 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ Carolina Panthers :panthers:
Sunday, December 24th, 2023, 12:00 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -5
Over/Under: 36.5

Stadium

Bank of America Stadium

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Broadcast (CBS)
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=16
Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... ek-16-2023
After two straight seasons of playing on Christmas, the Green Bay Packers visit the Carolina Panthers in Week 16 on Christmas Eve.

It ties for the latest visit to Carolina (Week 16 in 1997).
Including the postseason, the Packers are 11-6 (.647) against the Panthers.
The Packers are 5-4 at Carolina and are looking for their first win as the road team in the series since a 30-23 victory in 2011.
Green Bay has won both of the last two contests by the same score, 24-16 (2019-20). The Packers did not commit a turnover in either of those games.
Each of the last four games and six of the last seven games have been decided by eight points or less.
The Packers have scored 24-plus points in 15 of 17 games played against the Panthers in the regular and postseason, including in each of the last 10 contests.
This will be the second time this season (Weeks 2-3) that Green Bay will play back-to-back games against NFC South teams.
This is the first time the Packers have played games on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve in the same regular season. The Packers have played games in the same year on those days (1994), but the New Year's Eve contest was a playoff game:
Thanksgiving: N24, L at Dallas, 34-31
Christmas Eve: D24, W at Tampa Bay, 34-19
New Year's Eve: D31, NFC Wild Card, W vs. Detroit, 16-12
The Packers are 4-4 in games played at 12 p.m. CT or earlier this season.
For the third straight season and the fourth time in the last five, the Packers will finish the regular season with back-to-back NFC North contests. They will travel a state over to take on the Vikings in a prime-time matchup on New Year's Eve in Week 17 and then return home to face the Bears in the regular-season finale on either Jan. 6 or 7.
Weather
image.png
image.png (95.54 KiB) Viewed 880 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Panthers 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

This could be like LA where we beat up on a cupcake opponent, on the heels of the Douglas trade that shocked everyone, and it improves morale greatly. Yet with how toxic the atmosphere around the team has gotten, I could also see our players on defense quitting and it costing us a game we have no business losing (I also kinda wonder if the players would see this as an opportunity to ruin CHI's shot at #1 overall).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Another week and no Packers game for me. :?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I bet Campbell doesn't play the rest of the season. Why would he?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2023 12:38
that map shows the U. P. wont get the game either Pugger, however that could just be a extension of the lower peninsula by mistake, whatever I'am checking into possible streaming the game, was thinking that may work for you, good luck.

my greatest joy watching the team this year, like most others, is the progress with Love and these receivers, was hoping for more health with Watson and Musgrave, course the injury riddled Aaron Jones was a real let down too.

keeping Joe Barry was a tip right off the bat that the defense would not change much from last year, our only hope was a fast start from the offense, which I admit to being a bit over zealous about, still I think my double digit win season was easily reachable had Barry's defense even helped a little, his defense imho lost us 4 games.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
20 Dec 2023 13:00
oh, I don't know, I would think he wants to impress whomever he hopes to play for next :idn:

from his comments (and play) I don't think he should have played last week

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2023 13:15
Pugger wrote:
20 Dec 2023 12:38
that map shows the U. P. wont get the game either Pugger, however that could just be a extension of the lower peninsula by mistake, whatever I'am checking into possible streaming the game, was thinking that may work for you, good luck.

my greatest joy watching the team this year, like most others, is the progress with Love and these receivers, was hoping for more health with Watson and Musgrave, course the injury riddled Aaron Jones was a real let down too.

keeping Joe Barry was a tip right off the bat that the defense would not change much from last year, our only hope was a fast start from the offense, which I admit to being a bit over zealous about, still I think my double digit win season was easily reachable had Barry's defense even helped a little, his defense imho lost us 4 games.
We'll probably watch NFL Red Zone like we did last Sunday. It is interesting to watch this because we get to see big plays and those plays in the red zone of every game.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This will be a good test to see if the team has quit in their coaches or not. There’s definitely been something brewing defensively all season. Offensively the team seems pretty positive even when they don’t do well.

If we lose this one I think this entire coaching staffs goose is cooked come the end of the season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Dec 2023 16:56
This will be a good test to see if the team has quit in their coaches or not. There’s definitely been something brewing defensively all season. Offensively the team seems pretty positive even when they don’t do well.

If we lose this one I think this entire coaching staffs goose is cooked come the end of the season.
MLF is safe until Murphy turns 70. Shouldn't be, but he is.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2023 13:19
wallyuwl wrote:
oh, I don't know, I would think he wants to impress whomever he hopes to play for next :idn:

He wasn't even on the injury report last week.

That's what is weird about it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I mean surely we win this week, right?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
20 Dec 2023 17:00
lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Dec 2023 16:56

MLF is safe until Murphy turns 70. Shouldn't be, but he is.
He should be safe with his resume and considering he has a first year QB and like $63M in dead cap this year.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lafleur ain’t going anywhere

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

He also doesn’t deserve to be fired yet. We are just seeing that we don’t know what he is long term without Rodgers, but he has enough equity to survive another season. Without a doubt.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The good news is that era where whenever someone would criticize Lafleur, someone else would just post his record as coach.

Rodgers gone. We are in the deep water now. Lafleur on the clock, but plenty of time on it

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

I'm nervous about this game but maybe it's because I am still so disgusted at the performance of the team last week. We have no reason not to win easily, but we've proven we'll play down to the competition routinely.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2023 18:10
Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2023 13:19
wallyuwl wrote:

He wasn't even on the injury report last week.

That's what is weird about it.
Given how conservative the training staff is with injuries, I question his excuse making statement.

He and the defense didn't play well. Own it. Sure, the DC didn't do them any favors but you still gotta own that &%$@. That, or have the courage to call out the real culprit (Barry).