Packers @ Panthers GDT: Sunday, Dec. 24th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:14
Now can we fire Barry?
"Yeah I'm gonna have to review the film"

...."after review we weren't alligned. So we will give Barry a contract extension" :roll:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:16
Nick Mullens just threw 4 picks today.

Wonder how he’ll fare next week
MN lost D players to injury today.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Young had several games with a completion % > 75%, but his previous yardage high was 247, and he only had one game with more than one TD pass, so I'd say they did a pretty good job of living up to the "play the Pack and have a career day" image.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Half Empty wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:19
Young had several games with a completion % > 75%, but his previous yardage high was 247, and he only had one game with more than one TD pass, so I'd say they did a pretty good job of living up to the "play the Pack and have a career day" image.
How many yards did Young have today?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:11
We should be ashamed of ourselves lol
Only the D.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Seahawks and Rams won.

If the 49ers have the 1 seed locked up by week 18, GB very well might not make it in at 9-8
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:23
The Seahawks and Rams won.

If the 49ers have the 1 seed locked up by week 18, GB very well might not make it in at 9-8
Yup. This is what I said after Rams won Thurs

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Pugger wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:21
Half Empty wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Half Empty wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:29
Pugger wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:21
Half Empty wrote:
OMG. :lol: If MLF doesn't kick Barry to the curb we all better start calling for HIS head.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Love absolutely carried the team today. Threw some clutch dimes and daggers down the stretch.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

So Barry is a really bad D-coordinator, that, we all know or believe to be true. I am starting to believe that our defensive position coaches must be sub par also. I am also wondering if I my expectations of the actual players that have been drafted (in many cases quite high), are just not as good as I expect them to be.

I really don't know. Getting rid of Barry will be addition by subtraction, but I dont know that GB becomes a top 10 defense next year with someone else at the helm. I hope they do.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pugger wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:18
BF004 wrote:

We also lost Hockensin and Addison in the first half.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MY_TAKE wrote:
24 Dec 2023 16:33
So Barry is a really bad D-coordinator, that, we all know or believe to be true. I am starting to believe that our defensive position coaches must be sub par also. I am also wondering if I my expectations of the actual players that have been drafted (in many cases quite high), are just not as good as I expect them to be.

I really don't know. Getting rid of Barry will be addition by subtraction, but I dont know that GB becomes a top 10 defense next year with someone else at the helm. I hope they do.
I think we have a good front 7 on defense.

Alexander is playing very bad ball this year. Stokes is leaning towards bust after his rookie year (especially with the injury now).

The rest of the secondary are literally just guys. The big thing moving forward from a coaching standpoint is Quay Walker. He can still sway either way and that direction of that sway will go a long ways on the future of this defense.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

MY_TAKE wrote:
I am starting to believe that our defensive position coaches must be sub par also. I am also wondering if I my expectations of the actual players that have been drafted (in many cases quite high), are just not as good as I expect them to be.
I mean one leads to the other, right?

The first couple years in the league of molding raw talent with notable flashes into a consistently-performing NFL player are huge and rely on position coaches to develop that talent.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

We say just guys then look at Carolinas d. They are top 5 in the league and they are full of jags. Yes they have a few really good guys but their DC puts them in position to freaking succeed. They believe what he is selling. He shoulda been out DC.

I honestly believe overall we have more talent on our d overall but Carolina plays as a unit

And OMG 😱 is jaire playing like a bish.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Raptorman wrote:
24 Dec 2023 16:39
Pugger wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:18
BF004 wrote:

We also lost Hockensin and Addison in the first half.
F-22. What's your prediction for next Sunday night?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Dec 2023 15:39
Love absolutely carried the team today. Threw some clutch dimes and daggers down the stretch.
It wasn’t perfect. The opening drive to start the second half was pretty pathetic.

Read More. Post Less.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
24 Dec 2023 16:57
We say just guys then look at Carolinas d. They are top 5 in the league and they are full of jags. Yes they have a few really good guys but their DC puts them in position to freaking succeed. They believe what he is selling. He shoulda been out DC.

I honestly believe overall we have more talent on our d overall but Carolina plays as a unit

And OMG 😱 is jaire playing like a bish.
Top 5 in the league? Idk, if that's true then I think it is due to their opponents taking their foot off the gas in the 2nd half because they are up 21-0 or whatever. Except us of course, we make any game a shootout.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2023 16:39
MY_TAKE wrote:

I think we have a good front 7 on defense.

Alexander is playing very bad ball this year. Stokes is leaning towards bust after his rookie year (especially with the injury now).

The rest of the secondary are literally just guys. The big thing moving forward from a coaching standpoint is Quay Walker. He can still sway either way and that direction of that sway will go a long ways on the future of this defense.
tbh we were better in the secondary with Valentine/Ballentine than with Jaire/Sucks

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:

When the defensive scheme is so soft and the players are all running around like chickens with their heads chopped how can we tell how good or bad they are. It's ridiculous.