Packers @ Vikings GDT: Sunday, Dec. 31st, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

We hold on and win 23-20 because they blow a 45 yarder (FG) to tie to put into OT. Doubs has his best day as a PRO

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

It seems like just yesterday I said Stokes was not only not the best CB available, he wasn’t even the best CB available coming out of his school. I was chastised for it. Hmmm.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Dec 2023 18:16
It seems like just yesterday I said Stokes was not only not the best CB available, he wasn’t even the best CB available coming out of his school. I was chastised for it. Hmmm.
Stokes wasn't a popular pick on this board pre-draft. Your opinion wasn't isolated.

That being said, Stokes had a fantastic rookie season and very much gave reason to be excited. But a sophomore slump and then the injuries...I fear his days are numbered with the dropoff in speed. Speed is all he had.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
30 Dec 2023 22:30
lupedafiasco wrote:
Stokes wasn't a popular pick on this board pre-draft. Your opinion wasn't isolated.

That being said, Stokes had a fantastic rookie season and very much gave reason to be excited. But a sophomore slump and then the injuries...I fear his days are numbered with the dropoff in speed. Speed is all he had.
I got isolated by the forum bitch boy.

People just quoted his size and combine numbers. I said over and over pre combine he was a late 2nd/early 3rd. This org learned nothing from King.

I’ve said a few times Stokes had a good year for a rookie but it wasn’t a good year for a CB by any means.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Well then...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Dec 2023 23:20
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

People just quoted his size and combine numbers. I said over and over pre combine he was a late 2nd/early 3rd. This org learned nothing from King.

I’ve said a few times Stokes had a good year for a rookie but it wasn’t a good year for a CB by any means.
Is it really necessary to insult people without provocation?

Moderators, do your job. Lupe needs to leave this forum

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

You’d think you’d be in a better frame of mind coming off the fantasy championship you mentioned in the other thread. Instead, it’s the same poor me victimhood nonsense and unprovoked lashing out at posters that get you “cancelled by the forum elites”.

Speaking of which, consider this a warning. Clean it up.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

come on man, Stokes was just as good as Douglas in 2021, 14 PD's and 50 some tackles, you have two category's for players, they suck or there great :thwap: Stokes is somewhere in the middle.
He obviously isn't a lock down type like Alexander, and never will be, but Stokes wins more battles then he losses, or did back then.

most CB success these days imo stems from very good pass rush, even Vic Fangio's schemes rely on that, heck with a secondary full of rookies and inexperienced players we beat very good offenses because Barry used 5 and 6 man rushes, the passing schemes these days are just to good, and with extra time will torch most DB's in the league in any defensive scheme.
as Saleh said, if we can't get to the QB rushing 4, we'll rush 5, if that doesn't work we'll rush 6, imo thats the best way to protect coverage, and defend dink and dunk passing, bring heat.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
viewtopic.php?p=52589#p52589

This was one of your best takes ever though.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Well, what better time to have two cbs out than to face a first time starter rookie qb.

I have a feeling he may do more damage with his legs than his arm. If we are lucky.

Vikings have cooked up a good defense. They have a great DC.

No reason we shouldn’t win, but I don’t expect it to be easy.

I think the Vikings coach is a good coach. I would say whatever coach has the best performance will win the game
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Oh please. Pre draft nobody was talking up Stokes. In fact hardly any research was done on Stokes on this forum because we all dismissed him. We all liked his teammate Campbell. YoHo was very vocal of not being excited on Stokes to the Packers in 2021.

BUT. Once we picked him...yes by and large the forum supported Stokes. Because that's what fans do. Support your guys until they show they aren't it and are no longer your guys.

The vast majority group think was he was inconsistent in 2019...had an improved 2020 but overall was super fast with bad feet and balance. The hope was he could develop into something great but the opposite happened. He was great in 2021 due to raw athleticism but never took that next development step. Now the injury taking away his speed as sealed his fate.

Was your language more colorful on Stokes? Probably. I will give you that you probably used the word "bum" more than others here. But everyone is a bum or "boy bitch" to you so that language starts to lose its sting after a while.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 08:44
lupedafiasco wrote:

and this from BSA says Stokes was better then most here gave him credit for, and this kid had a lousy long term injury, we need to give him more playing time to get back to form, he was pretty good prior to that lis franc

Stokes made second-team All-Southeastern Conference in 2019 and first team in 2020.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
31 Dec 2023 10:18
BF004 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 08:44
lupedafiasco wrote:

and this from BSA says Stokes was better then most here gave him credit for, and this kid had a lousy long term injury, we need to give him more playing time to get back to form, he was pretty good prior to that lis franc

Stokes made second-team All-Southeastern Conference in 2019 and first team in 2020.
I agree. We won't know what he lost until a couple of games into next season. We should be glad that he has a few games this season to knock the rust off.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Stokes the player may have a good future. But if you can’t stay on the field, you are less likely to get paid or keep a job

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 10:03
Well, what better time to have two cbs out than to face a first time starter rookie qb.

I have a feeling he may do more damage with his legs than his arm. If we are lucky.

I think the Vikings coach is a good coach. I would say whatever coach has the best performance will win the game
If I hear MLF say one more time after this game, that "I should've coached them better" I'll personally come to GB and walk him out of the building. This is a money game. MLF is in his fourth season as HC. He needs to coach better TODAY.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Drj820 wrote:

I expect the Packers to score a sufficient number of points to win the game. With this starting secondary, we are going to need to be able to pressure the QB with our front 4. If we can't do that, we probably lose.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
31 Dec 2023 11:04
Drj820 wrote:

If I hear MLF say one more time after this game, that "I should've coached them better" I'll personally come to GB and walk him out of the building. This is a money game. MLF is in his fourth season as HC. He needs to coach better TODAY.
5th season, and his only demerit is keeping a cord to long, if that was reason enough to fire him ya'd have to fire half the coaches in the league, he gambled that Barry's schemes would work, he was wrong, still thats no reason to dump a coach who has actually done well considering the youth at the skill position and not having a featured RB on offense.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:

His first start was in Atlanta.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
31 Dec 2023 11:31
Scott4Pack wrote:
31 Dec 2023 11:04
Drj820 wrote:

5th season, and his only demerit is keeping a cord to long, if that was reason enough to fire him ya'd have to fire half the coaches in the league, he gambled that Barry's schemes would work, he was wrong, still thats no reason to dump a coach who has actually done well considering the youth at the skill position and not having a featured RB on offense.
His point remains valid. This is kind of game a good coach is paid to put up a strong performance.

Good playcalls, good clock management, team comes out ready to play etc

I hope he has the boys ready

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 13:05
I hope he has the boys ready
Just survive the down, baby