Post Game: THE PACKERS ARE PLAYOFF BOUND

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
07 Jan 2024 19:55
Reviewed and called a completed pass.

@YoHoChecko I believe you were looking for this play during the GDT chatter.

It really doesn't help me. The view from the offensive backfield looks like he keeps it off the ground and against his facemask. The view from the defensive backfield looks like it hits the ground.

:idn:

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:03
APB wrote:

It really doesn't help me. The view from the offensive backfield looks like he keeps it off the ground and against his facemask. The view from the defensive backfield looks like it hits the ground.

:idn:
I think the telling moment is obscured by the Packer defender’s leg in the offensive backfield view.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Right after this moment. This is just before Quay’s leg obscures the view.
Attachments
IMG_0243.png
IMG_0243.png (1.81 MiB) Viewed 520 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My Mom's whole family is from Dallas, so the cousin group text is already poppin' off.

My aunt will be up here visiting next weekend, so we'll be in the same room for the game.

So not only do I hate Dallas always, but I will HEAR about this if we lose.

The "it's been a great season but we're playing with house money" vibe is gone for me due to match-up.

But also, Dallas has legit been insanely good at home this year. Playing them in Jerry's World, even though we always win there, is a tough draw. It really is. Not saying we can't win. But I could see basically any outcome as possible here.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

APB wrote:

I cannot understand the ruling on this 1?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Cowboys open as 7 pt favorites.

If I were a gambler, I’d take the Packers and the points. Dallas should be favored but 7 is too much in my mind.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Would've preferred Lions but if 2ndary plays like they did today and no limit mistakes on off we can keep rolling.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

IMG_6255.jpeg
IMG_6255.jpeg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 496 times
We’ve got to have this photo in this thread.
:woohoo:
GO PACK GO!!!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:03
Fun fact, you only need one view of the ball hitting the ground to confirm that it did

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:19
My Mom's whole family is from Dallas, so the cousin group text is already poppin' off.

My aunt will be up here visiting next weekend, so we'll be in the same room for the game.

The "it's been a great season but we're playing with house money" vibe is gone for me due to match-up.

But also, Dallas has legit been insanely good at home this year. Playing them in Jerry's World, even though we always win there, is a tough draw. It really is. Not saying we can't win. But I could see basically any outcome as possible here.
Should be fun for you. :rotf:

No more "house money" BS though. My expectations are completely different than weeks ago. Jordon Love is playing as good or better than any QB in the NFL right now. The Packers just dominated a bears team that had been playing fairly good football. The cowboys just beat a team that has lost 8 in a row. Hopefully the cowboys think they are as superior as the media seems to think over the packers right now.

Was it 13 years ago that the Packers beat the bears in the final game of the regular season to secure the final wildcard spot and then went on to win the whole $%@# thing? With Love playing this well, noone is telling me it can't happen again :beer2:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:19

Don’t ruin the week. I’d only allow myself to ponder the conversations following a Packer victory.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

MY_TAKE wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:32
No more "house money" BS though. My expectations are completely different than weeks ago. Jordon Love is playing as good or better than any QB in the NFL right now. The Packers just dominated a bears team that had been playing fairly good football. The cowboys just beat a team that has lost 8 in a row. Hopefully the cowboys think they are as superior as the media seems to think over the packers right now.

Was it 13 years ago that the Packers beat the bears in the final game of the regular season to secure the final wildcard spot and then went on to win the whole $%@# thing? With Love playing this well, noone is telling me it can't happen again
The Cowboys have struggled to beat good teams this year, and they are beatable, certainly.

Jordan Love over the past 7-8 games has been a top-5 QB in the league, yes.

The issue I have with having real expectations for this team is trusting the defense. I don't trust the defense. Even if they play well against the Vikings and Bears--teams we know very very well; teams with vast deficiencies...

The Packers could certainly go on a 4-game epic Love-driven Super Bowl run and I'd be overjoyed. But the high-variance of our defensive performances makes the odds incredibly long.

My ideal scenario is scoring 30+ points in every game and allowing 24+ in every game so we can win a Super Bowl and still rid ourselves of Barry's vast inability to elevate the defensive performance with any sort of consistency. He runs the worst version of this brand/scheme of defense. I can't stick with it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Watch LT Rasheed Walker on this play. Now THAT’S what I wanna see from an O-lineman!! :clap:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Slowed down:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:40
MY_TAKE wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:32

Was it 13 years ago that the Packers beat the bears in the final game of the regular season to secure the final wildcard spot and then went on to win the whole $%@# thing? With Love playing this well, noone is telling me it can't happen again
The Cowboys have struggled to beat good teams this year, and they are beatable, certainly.

Jordan Love over the past 7-8 games has been a top-5 QB in the league, yes.

The issue I have with having real expectations for this team is trusting the defense. I don't trust the defense. Even if they play well against the Vikings and Bears--teams we know very very well; teams with vast deficiencies...

The Packers could certainly go on a 4-game epic Love-driven Super Bowl run and I'd be overjoyed. But the high-variance of our defensive performances makes the odds incredibly long.

My ideal scenario is scoring 30+ points in every game and allowing 24+ in every game so we can win a Super Bowl and still rid ourselves of Barry's vast inability to elevate the defensive performance with any sort of consistency. He runs the worst version of this brand/scheme of defense. I can't stick with it.
Agreed

The bar just got raised much higher for me however is basically is what I am saying. From here on out I won't be surprised if they win in any game.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

MLF is one fired up hombre!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

4:30 Sunday. Dallas. Gotta love it.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Great win but not a perfect win. Gives them plenty of stuff to work on to get better. Got to go through everybody so might as well start with blowing Dallas out of the water. :banana:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:48
NCF wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:45
Drj820 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:44
I love how we closed the game out with the ball and never gave it back
Yeah, that was awesome.
The pad level during the 4 minute offense was excellent.
Poor Mike McCarthy is gonna have to watch how good our pad level is all week going into the Wildcard round
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packers have made the playoffs 4 out of 5 years under MLF

One of the reasons I was SO bummed they dropped the game to the Lions last year was because I get jealous when I hear all the "Tomlin has never had a losing season" talk and MLF is one game away from that pace through five years