Post Game: THE PACKERS ARE PLAYOFF BOUND

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

A lot you could infer from this statement:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Something I’m pumped about with the team, is I always talk about how we need some “dogs”. I know, it gets mocked. But look..the defense lost a dog in Rasul, but the O found some:

Dogs everywhere

J Reed: Dog
Romeo Doubs: Dog
Jordan Love: Dog
D Wicks: Dog
L Musgrave: Dog
T Kraft: Dog
B Melton: Dog

I mean it’s the freakin dog pound. Woof woof
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:07

MLF prancing into the locker room at halftime hasn't lost the team. :woohoo: :P

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:53
4:30 Sunday. Dallas. Gotta love it.
The most predictable time slot I could have thought of.

You put primetime playoffs in the primetime slot.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:08
Something I’m pumped about with the team, is I always talk about how we need some “dogs”. I know, it gets mocked. But look..the defense lost a dog in Rasul, but the O found some:

Dogs everywhere

This is the first time since 2009/2010 I am confident, at least on offense, that our team isn't the "soft one"

We kicked the absolute sh*t out of the #1 rushing defense.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Also. I don't know if LT is a very strong need anymore. I used to think we wanted to upgrade on Walker (but he was serviceable)

I am now of the opinion that Walker might just be damn good and he is our guy. Period.

Our tackles dominated the day.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:07

So I guess the coaching staff isn't one step away from losing the locker room after all?
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:14
Drj820 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:08

Dogs everywhere

This is the first time since 2009/2010 I am confident, at least on offense, that our team isn't the "soft one"

We kicked the absolute sh*t out of the #1 rushing defense.
They actually make big catches in tough spots too. Unlike last few years where guys make catches up 14, but drop them on 3rd down or there is any difficulty at all.

Really fun to get behind these guys
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:15
Also. I don't know if LT is a very strong need anymore. I used to think we wanted to upgrade on Walker (but he was serviceable)

I am now of the opinion that Walker might just be damn good and he is our guy. Period.

We do not need to draft a starter at T, IMO. Walker has been playing well. Not at a level that would make me pass on an elite T prospect, but good enough that I do not bother taking a T in Days 1 or 2, or frankly early Day 3, that does not also have inside versatility.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:26
go pak go wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:15

We do not need to draft a starter at T, IMO. Walker has been playing well. Not at a level that would make me pass on an elite T prospect, but good enough that I do not bother taking a T in Days 1 or 2, or frankly early Day 3, that does not also have inside versatility.
That's the thing though. I think if you look at the last 6 - 8 games, you will see Walker has done REALLY well. I'm trying to think of the last time he just got beat. I honestly can't think of the last defender who truly got the best of him.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I love not having a #1 WR so much.

Nobody expects anything and then

WHOOP! Jayden Reed 35 yard.
WHOOP! Bo Melton with a 3rd down conversion
WHOOP! Wicks TD

Over. And Over. And Over.

I also love these guys and their humble beginnings. like it was 2 months ago and Wicks dropped an easy, easy ball that was a TD to get us back in the game vs MN
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:43
I love not having a #1 WR so much.

Nobody expects anything and then

WHOOP! Jayden Reed 35 yard.
WHOOP! Bo Melton with a 3rd down conversion
WHOOP! Wicks TD

Over. And Over. And Over.

I also love these guys and their humble beginnings. like it was 2 months ago and Wicks dropped an easy, easy ball that was a TD to get us back in the game vs MN
Yup. What I love about it is that when you have a room full of similarly-abled receiving weapons you can't game plan to take one away and drastically impact the offense. If you decided "Reed isn't going to beat us" that's fine. They're co-equal parts of a whole.

It's not to say that one or two or three might emerge to an actually elite level of play--but as long as they're growing together and we keep the room deep and versatile, you can't just gameplan it away

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:51
The problem the Bears have, if they want to do it the Packer way, is they needed to draft their QB 3 years ago. Let him sit. Let the fans hate the GM and then come full circle to realize that the actual plan works.

But instead the Bears will just keep doing what they do at QB like what the Packers do at DC. Get a new one and hope it works out better this time.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I mentioned it during the GDT chat and this is the play that triggered it. Wicks reminds me so much of Davante Adams. He has that movement and wiggle that is so damn slippery. I think he’s gonna be a stud.

Here it is again:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

APB wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:52
MLF is one fired up hombre!

*Tweet*
Rashan Gary like

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
07 Jan 2024 20:03
APB wrote:
07 Jan 2024 19:55
Reviewed and called a completed pass.

@YoHoChecko I believe you were looking for this play during the GDT chatter.

It really doesn't help me. The view from the offensive backfield looks like he keeps it off the ground and against his facemask. The view from the defensive backfield looks like it hits the ground.

:idn:
Couple passes through, guess I’d keep that a catch

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
07 Jan 2024 21:58
The problem the Bears have, if they want to do it the Packer way, is they needed to draft their QB 3 years ago. Let him sit. Let the fans hate the GM and then come full circle to realize that the actual plan works.

But instead the Bears will just keep doing what they do at QB like what the Packers do at DC. Get a new one and hope it works out better this time.
It is SO. DANGED. WILD. to me that "the plan that gave the NFL Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, and now Love" isn't the gold standard for what to do at QB. Other QBs who sat most of their rookie years but ended up coming in later in the year (not the best, but still a plan) include Lamar and Josh Allen.

You draft a guy with talent and you sit him for the whole year. If you have a guy who is smart and savvy and knows the game playing QB in that time, you're good to go and you can take your time over multiple years. If you DON'T have that guy, you can go get one... doesn't have to be a hall of famer.

Yes, some QBs excel immediately. But with the low overall QB play around the league and the insanely high "bust" rate at the position, people keep saying "oh we can't evaluate these guys, we keep missing" instead of "oh, we're not developing these guys; we're throwing them to the wolves and letting them develop bad habits and lose confidence"

It's so easy. It's so obvious. It's so verifiable with metrics and case studies. When you're transitioning to a new QB, you need to have a full on organizational plan, a flexible but long-run timeline, and the patience and perseverance to stick with it. Unless you are drafting top 1 or 2 and get one of those just natural, obvious "oh, wow, ok he can be the guy from day one" which is what CJ Stroud did this year and we've seen on occasion before, this is the way.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Man, what a throw!