Post Game: THE PACKERS ARE PLAYOFF BOUND

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2024 13:28
BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2024 13:10
wow even the hated AR told Jordon to take the keys to the Bear kingdom, well maybe Kingdom is a poor choice of words :lol:
From all accounts AR and Love got/get along great so this is no surprise. It will be interesting to hear what AR has to say tomorrow on the McAfee show.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Jan 2024 13:49

Here is a pretty definitive look. That is was not overturned is ok, but to then overturn Melton's...
To me, that bounced off the ground twice.

At least they didn't flag us for the Owens hit, which they easily could have regardless of justification.

Those tiny little bounces went Chicago's way, and yet we dominated and imposed our will at the end. That was so sweet.

We've kinda made Any Given Sunday to On No Sunday for da Bears, who still suck.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

salmar80 wrote:
08 Jan 2024 14:17
Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Jan 2024 13:49

Here is a pretty definitive look. That is was not overturned is ok, but to then overturn Melton's...
To me, that bounced off the ground twice.

At least they didn't flag us for the Owens hit, which they easily could have regardless of justification.

Those tiny little bounces went Chicago's way, and yet we dominated and imposed our will at the end. That was so sweet.

We've kinda made Any Given Sunday to On No Sunday for da Bears, who still suck.
Looked to me like it bounced off his forearm initially, but he definitely landed on the ball and used the ground to help catch it. The ball touching the ground is now OK I believe as long as the player is in control of it. But yes, Metlon's shouldn't have been overturned. He has the ball pinned against his legs and not moving for 1 full second before going out of bounds and, though it does touch the ground as he gets up, he used the ground less than Moore did to control the catch.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pugger wrote:
08 Jan 2024 13:51
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2024 13:10
wow even the hated AR told Jordon to take the keys to the Bear kingdom, well maybe Kingdom is a poor choice of words :lol:
From all accounts AR and Love got/get along great so this is no surprise. It will be interesting to hear what AR has to say tomorrow on the McAfee show.
Here's the script for tomorrow's show:

- Conspiracy Theory
- Backhanded apology to Jimmy Kimmel
- Praise for Jordan Love
- Conspiracy Theory

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
08 Jan 2024 14:38
Pugger wrote:
Yoop wrote:

- Conspiracy Theory
- Praise for Jordan Love
- Conspiracy Theory
I doubt the part about the apology to Kimmel, maybe, but KImmel started this with his complaints ( valid actually) concerning Rodgers lies about the vaccine thing.

as a person I don't like Rodgers, lately anyway, but most of the lame stuff he says are just to stay news worthy, whatever though he is still a top notch QB

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2024 15:01
Acrobat wrote:
Pugger wrote:

- Conspiracy Theory
- Praise for Jordan Love
- Conspiracy Theory
I doubt the part about the apology to Kimmel, maybe, but KImmel started this with his complaints ( valid actually) concerning Rodgers lies about the vaccine thing.

as a person I don't like Rodgers, lately anyway, but most of the lame stuff he says are just to stay news worthy, whatever though he is still a top notch QB

He definitely WAS a top notch QB. He was dog poo most of last year. Was it his thumb, decline in skills, or a combination. We didn't get an answer on it this year.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Madcity_matt wrote:
08 Jan 2024 15:08
Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2024 15:01
Acrobat wrote:

- Conspiracy Theory
- Praise for Jordan Love
- Conspiracy Theory

He definitely WAS a top notch QB. He was dog poo most of last year. Was it his thumb, decline in skills, or a combination. We didn't get an answer on it this year.
I actually think that 12's motivation level dropped off last year. I think his body can still do fine. It's his mind that holds him back now (if we want to call his most recent play level "holding back.")
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
08 Jan 2024 19:01
We need another one Aaron Jones!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:24
salmar80 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:23
Hasn't passed the Ringo standard yet though
I guess I expected LaCoach to coach up Jordan Love starting his first season as a Packer. But instead we had to wait for December 2023 to hit before we saw the greatness, including leadership.
Water under the bridge now. The Love Boat is cruising real nice now. Let's hope Gutenscheisskopf is able to strengthen the defense in 2024. Someone needs to fix the Anders situation immediately.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Jan 2024 20:21
go pak go wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:24
salmar80 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:23
Hasn't passed the Ringo standard yet though
I guess I expected LaCoach to coach up Jordan Love starting his first season as a Packer. But instead we had to wait for December 2023 to hit before we saw the greatness, including leadership.
Water under the bridge now. The Love Boat is cruising real nice now. Let's hope Gutenscheisskopf is able to strengthen the defense in 2024. Someone needs to fix the Anders situation immediately.
*November 5*

Not December
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:45
Drj820 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:44
I love how we closed the game out with the ball and never gave it back
Yeah, that was awesome.
The energy in Lambeau as the game was closed out was special.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Jan 2024 20:28
NCF wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:45
Drj820 wrote:
07 Jan 2024 18:44
I love how we closed the game out with the ball and never gave it back
Yeah, that was awesome.
The energy in Lambeau as the game was closed out was special.
Lambeau was ROCKIN'

Good job everyone! :clap: :clap:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Someone needs to fix the Anders situation immediately.
I watched a lot of Auburn football on CBS over the past few years and HATED the Carlson pick when it was made. His brother is good but he was not in college and isn't now in the NFL and likely never will be. At that point, with him as the only perceived draftable K left on the board, you go with a couple rookie FAs and tryout players and see who does well under competition. Bottom line is they waited too long. Though taking a K earlier and maybe you lose out on Brooks or someone like that.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Anders Carlson is 27 for 33 which is 81.8%.

Mason Crosby in his career is 81.3%. Mason didn't break 80% until his 5th year in the league (2011).

I think Anders is doing just fine. His issue is PAT's. But I imagine that will be correctable.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Jan 2024 20:32
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Someone needs to fix the Anders situation immediately.
I watched a lot of Auburn football on CBS over the past few years and HATED the Carlson pick when it was made. His brother is good but he was not in college and isn't now in the NFL and likely never will be. At that point, with him as the only perceived draftable K left on the board, you go with a couple rookie FAs and tryout players and see who does well under competition. Bottom line is they waited too long. Though taking a K earlier and maybe you lose out on Brooks or someone like that.
There's a long history of kickers taking a few years to get good in the NFL. Lots of solid starting everyday name kickers kick for teams other than their original team because they bounced around a bit while improving their technique.

We KNEW this going in. We made a clear decision to take our lumps in a non-contending year to develop a kicker we think has the natural talent to be a good kicker in this league. We knew he would be inconsistent as a rookie and yet we did nothing about it because this year was the first phase of a much longer game. Everything that happened this year was happening as the foundation of a big bright future in the next 1-4 years while these guys come together and mature and become veteran players.

Carlson needs to improve and be more consistent and reliable--especially on the gimmes; the extra points and FGs inside 45 or so. But we drafted him knowing it was a long-term play, and so we're going to keep letting that develop. If it's still an issue next year, we can think about competition. But as it stands, I am just completely at peace with the kicker situation. It's a team flaw but part of the growing pains of being a young team. I'm fine with it.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
08 Jan 2024 12:38
Mildly surprising stat of the day:
Aaron Jones became the first Packers player since Ahman Green in 2006 to rush for more than 100 yards in three consecutive games.
Let's make it 4 consecutive games!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2024 20:38
Anders Carlson is 27 for 33 which is 81.8%.

Mason Crosby in his career is 81.3%. Mason didn't break 80% until his 5th year in the league (2011).

I think Anders is doing just fine. His issue is PAT's. But I imagine that will be correctable.
Bingo. Everyone should take note of these stats:

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So much excuse making for a low-tier kicker.

Fans shouldn't be praying or have a pit in their stomach before every XP or 41 yard FG. In today's NFL those should be nearly automatic.