Post Game: THE PACKERS ARE PLAYOFF BOUND

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
08 Jan 2024 22:33
So much excuse making for a low-tier kicker.

Fans shouldn't be praying or have a pit in their stomach before every XP or 41 yard FG. In today's NFL those should be nearly automatic.
I might be mistaken but if seems like kicking league wide isn't automatic as it once was.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:

Fans shouldn't be praying or have a pit in their stomach before every XP or 41 yard FG. In today's NFL those should be nearly automatic.
I will never stop making excuses to impatient angry fans for rookies that don't arrive ready-made. Because it's a good excuse.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

As much as I dislike some of LaFleurs play calling where he lacks situational awareness, I do have to say Matt LaFleur deserves to win the NFL coach of the Year award.

As down and out as the team seemed earlier in the year, LaFleur dealt with a group of inexperienced players who were continually making mistakes and somehow guided them to the playoffs.

Matt deserves the award….and then he should take Jordan Love out for a steak dinner.
Love is the answer…

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Jan 2024 22:50
wallyuwl wrote:

I will never stop making excuses to impatient angry fans for rookies that don't arrive ready-made. Because it's a good excuse.
When wally has just the kicker to complain about, you know it's been a good season...

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Foosball wrote:
08 Jan 2024 23:29
As much as I dislike some of LaFleurs play calling where he lacks situational awareness, I do have to say Matt LaFleur deserves to win the NFL coach of the Year award.

As down and out as the team seemed earlier in the year, LaFleur dealt with a group of inexperienced players who were continually making mistakes and somehow guided them to the playoffs.

Matt deserves the award….and then he should take Jordan Love out for a steak dinner.
To me, the Giants and Bucs games eliminated him. The Texans’ Coach deserves it.

But also, do not even start with this MLF is carried by Love idea that you’re hinting at with the steak dinner.

MLF MOLDED JORDAN LOVE. Just like he got the best out of Rodgers and revitalized his career. Just like he had Matt frickin Ryan play at an MVP-winning level. Just like he got RGIII’s play to rookie of the year level. Just like he turned around Goff from a bust to a serviceable starter.

When every QB you touch turns into the best versions of themselves, you don’t owe a steak to them when they lead your team to wins. MLF has coached two different QBs to MVPs and a third to rookie of the year. ONLY Rodgers replicated that level of play without him. And even Rodgers hadn’t shown it in years before MLF arrived.

MLF is a certified QB whisperer. One of the most coveted commodities in the NFL. Clements has a role and we appreciate him. Love, of course, plays a big role and we appreciate him.

But MLF makes QBs better; not just the other way around.

That’s why, despite some of his flaws as a coach, which exist and I don’t deny them all—I will always defend and appreciate MLF. He’s a top 5 coach right now, to me. And it all starts with getting good QB play and designing effective and efficient offenses.

The play calling is inconsistent. The time management and time out usage is subpar but not devastating or inept. His taste in defensive schemes and coaches leaves much to be desired.

But he gets the most out of his QBs, his offensive scheme puts his players in position to produce. And the team plays for him/tends to develop (and re-develop now, in phase two of his tenure) good chemistry under his leadership.

That’s a high quality NFL coach. But THIS year, he was probably a win or two sort of being coach of the year. He probably deserved it for one or two of those 13-win seasons earlier. But the narrative ALWAYS shifts credit to his QB; and I am stoked for Jordan Love, but don’t even start that. The track reached is clear. MLF deserves more credit for his QBs than his QBs deserve credit for MLF.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

so why did it take Lafleur half the season to add a HB or additional blocking so Love didn't see a free rusher on most drop backs?
I like Lafleur, but this deal with Joe Barry has diminished my respect for him as a HC, course I'am just a idiot so what would I know

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

so why did it take Lafleur half the season to add a HB or additional blocking so Love didn't see a free rusher on most drop backs?
It didn't and Love didn't.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Jan 2024 06:53
ya it actually did

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
09 Jan 2024 06:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
09 Jan 2024 06:53
ya it actually did
It 100% did not take half the season to add a RB or TE to the pass blocking. Love did NOT see a free rusher on most of his drop backs... You are being ridiculous.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

wallyuwl wrote:

Rather than spend time researching and then getting nit-picked, please define 'nearly automatic'.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Half Empty wrote:
09 Jan 2024 09:13
wallyuwl wrote:

Rather than spend time researching and then getting nit-picked, please define 'nearly automatic'.
Let’s just say we want a kicker that hits a higher percentage of PATs and FGs than the one we got.
It’s gonna bite them in the @ss.

Hopefully Gutey will bring in another kicker next year for competition.
Love is the answer…

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Foosball wrote:
09 Jan 2024 09:31
Half Empty wrote:
09 Jan 2024 09:13
wallyuwl wrote:

Let’s just say we want a kicker that hits a higher percentage of PATs and FGs than the one we got.
It’s gonna bite them in the @ss.

Hopefully Gutey will bring in another kicker next year for competition.
Now, that, I (and probably everyone else) can agree with.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Jan 2024 06:22
Foosball wrote:

But also, do not even start with this MLF is carried by Love idea that you’re hinting at with the steak dinner.

MLF MOLDED JORDAN LOVE. Just like he got the best out of Rodgers and revitalized his career. Just like he had Matt frickin Ryan play at an MVP-winning level. Just like he got RGIII’s play to rookie of the year level. Just like he turned around Goff from a bust to a serviceable starter.

When every QB you touch turns into the best versions of themselves, you don’t owe a steak to them when they lead your team to wins. MLF has coached two different QBs to MVPs and a third to rookie of the year. ONLY Rodgers replicated that level of play without him. And even Rodgers hadn’t shown it in years before MLF arrived.

MLF is a certified QB whisperer. One of the most coveted commodities in the NFL. Clements has a role and we appreciate him. Love, of course, plays a big role and we appreciate him.

That’s why, despite some of his flaws as a coach, which exist and I don’t deny them all—I will always defend and appreciate MLF. He’s a top 5 coach right now, to me. And it all starts with getting good QB play and designing effective and efficient offenses.

The play calling is inconsistent. The time management and time out usage is subpar but not devastating or inept. His taste in defensive schemes and coaches leaves much to be desired.

But he gets the most out of his QBs, his offensive scheme puts his players in position to produce. And the team plays for him/tends to develop (and re-develop now, in phase two of his tenure) good chemistry under his leadership.

That’s a high quality NFL coach. But THIS year, he was probably a win or two sort of being coach of the year. He probably deserved it for one or two of those 13-win seasons earlier. But the narrative ALWAYS shifts credit to his QB; and I am stoked for Jordan Love, but don’t even start that. The track reached is clear. MLF deserves more credit for his QBs than his QBs deserve credit for MLF.
Why do I get the feeling we are inching toward the

"Love fell in BG's and MLF's lap" just like the narrative switched to that with Rodgers to TT and MM?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Finland is a rival country of Sweden. Kinda like Packers and Bears.

Like a sibling, the Swedes mostly are annoying, but sometimes the Swedes can do a good thing, like this recommendation of a song to me on a Swedish -made music app Spotify:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

go pak go wrote:
09 Jan 2024 10:01
YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Jan 2024 06:22
Foosball wrote:

"Love fell in BG's and MLF's lap" just like the narrative switched to that with Rodgers to TT and MM?
Given that AR DID fall and that Love required additional resources to obtain, I think even our most diehard "that's my position, don't try to sway me with the facts" posters would have a really tough time making that arguement. :)

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

It can be true that Love both fell into our lap while still requiring a 4th to get him. If you think the value is that pronounced and it only costs a 4th to move up to grab a guy you think can be a star it's a small price to pay.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
09 Jan 2024 10:01

Rodgers actually did drop into Teds lap, most fans thought Guty reached for Love, I know I did, and minus several years, at least 2 he may have been a bust, just like Rodgers, the tutoring imo is what made Rodgers great and hopefully Love stays as good as he has been lately.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

One thing about Lafleur and Love is I think they have similar personalitites.

Real low key guys. Laid back. But also they have a game face when its needed.

They dont have that dominant alpha energy that Rodgers wanted to show off to everyone at every chance, even when it was just weird

Like i bet Lafleur just tolerated Rodgers. He was always touching lafleur and being strange.

I bet Love and Lafleur actually like being around each other
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Jan 2024 22:50
wallyuwl wrote:

He spent 6, that is 6, years in college wirking on his technique. His brother surely has also helped him. And he was crappy in college. It is no surprise he is crappy in the NFL.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Madcity_matt wrote:
09 Jan 2024 10:11
It can be true that Love both fell into our lap while still requiring a 4th to get him. If you think the value is that pronounced and it only costs a 4th to move up to grab a guy you think can be a star it's a small price to pay.
The goalposts look pretty solid to start with, but then they get moved again.