Here's Johnny!! PLAYOFFS wild card DAL

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:33
go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:27
LOL

I am seriously the curse.

0 Here's Johnny wins.

Last week I picked Wicks then erased that pick and switched to Doubs.

Doubs drops a TD, gets hurts, doesn't play and Wicks gets 2 TDs

This week I pick Reed. He has 0 catches. :lol:

So next week I am taking Zaine Anderson?
No! He's a key special teamer :)
Everyone is key!

Maybe Welch?

I think Rochelle, Royce Newman and Welch are my top 3 to select right now
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jordan Love 16-20 for 272 and 3tds and a 158.3 qb rating in his first year starting, first playoff game, before Barry forced him to an incomplete pass.

Not gunna get a vote.

Aaron Jones

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

BF004 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:43
Jordan Love 16-20 for 272 and 3tds and a 158.3 qb rating in his first year starting, first playoff game, before Barry forced him to an incomplete pass.

Not gunna get a vote.

Aaron Jones
That is what is to be expected of a top 3 NFL QB in the league. And from the beginning of December for the next 10 years that is what he is. Does not matter whether it was his first playoff game and it was his first regular season as a starter. He had the time to polish his skills and learn rather than being thrown to the wolves and destroyed. He has arrived and baring a major injury, top 2 is where he will be for a long time. Maybe the real GOAT, who knows?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Add Nixon to the Honorable Mention category. He had a monster game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2024 18:31
I’m going Doubs.

I really wanna go Savage because I think he broke this game open but Doubs was start to finish a force.
Same. Had Savage been selected I’d have gone with him. As it stands, it's O-line for me.

Edit: updated my vote to reflect O-line. Facing the best pass rush team in the league, these guys balled out. They also bullied the defensive front in opening huge holes for Aaron Jones. Just a stellar performance against what was supposed to be a tough match-up.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Doubs was great but IMO the play of Aaron Jones was the catalyst of the offensive showing today.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I already voted for Doubs but I am seriously considering a swap to O-Line. Those boys balled out yesterday both in the run AND pass game!

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
14 Jan 2024 23:11
Doubs was great but IMO the play of Aaron Jones was the catalyst of the offensive showing today.
O-line and Aarone Jones make this offense almost unstoppable right now.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Doubs, Love and Jones all good candidates, but O-line exceeded my expectations the most.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Love just over whelmed the Cowboys, I know the thinking is that we had no pressure on us to win, said we where playing with house money, thats all fan talk, this was a huge stage for a first year starter QB, tons of pressure to do well in what was expected by many to be a no win game, hell we where playing the number 2 team in the conference.

Love handled the pressure as well as any QB we've had, and destroyed there defense to the tune of a perfect QB rating, I simply can't vote for anyone else, I'am throwing the rules out Salmar, I have to give Jorden Love my vote :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :aok:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I vote O-line. Lots to chose from lately which is a complete turnaround from earlier in the year. Love was amazing as were Jones, Doubs, Jaire, Savage but the O-line was the unit that surprised me the most.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Wow, just wow!

What an outstanding effort, top to bottom (OK, maybe not the guy I picked...Carlson). This was an awesome team win.

Doubs certainly got the headline attention, but I'll vote for the O-line. They have quietly become really really good.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Screw it. I am changing my vote to Jordan Love.

He kept the drive alive in the first half so many times on his own. His throws were ridiculous. The Wicks and Doubs TD in particular.

Jordan Love is so good. He is showing exactly what we hoped he could do when we looked at his sophomore college film on his draft thread. The ball just GETS there. His release is so diverse and so fast. And he has such a cool head. Such a quiet guy.

This guy. Rest my weary heart.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I can't get over holding Micah Parsons to 1 pressure, a career-low pressure-rate for him that day.

I am unsure if I should, in light of that fact, award my vote to the OL for the blocking, or Love for how he handled pressure pre- and post-snap.

It's stupid, but I kinda want to vote for Matt LaFleur. :lol: What a masterclass in coaching.

OL also got Jones rolling for over 6.0 ypc until those last two plays.

But ultimately yes I am gonna have to agree with voting Jordan Love here. A perfect passer rating against a quality defense until that last incomplete pass to Kraft (I am in the minority that thinks MLF should not have bothered putting the O starters back out there, pulling the D starters was a bad call though), in their stadium where they have had a heavy homefield advantage, in the playoffs... get outta here, man. That's spectacular.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I switched my vote to O-line.

Yes, Jordan Love was the game MVP. Yes, Aaron Jones was spectacular. Those guys have set a bar, though, that this contest doesn’t reward. They are not the unheralded guys far outperforming their expectations.

The no-ProBowl O-line went up against the top pass rush and stonewalled them. The same unheralded O-line bullied the Cowboys front 7 in the run game to bust Jones free on run after run.

This is an underdog contest. Too many treat it as a game MVP contest. To me, this week is a run-off between Doubs and the O-line. They’re both deserving and fit the parameters of this contest.

My .02 cents.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

feels good to break a rule once in a while :lol: Jordens performance over shadows what every other part of this team accomplished, this OL did well, so did Jones, so did ............... insert whomever.

Jorden beat the pass rush, beat the blitz and the rest of the Dallas top 5 defense.

several Members changed there vote, :beer2: :beer2: here's to hoping the rest of you will :pray: :pray: just this once Jorden Love deserves it :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:19
feels good to break a rule once in a while :lol: Jordens performance over shadows what every other part of this team accomplished, this OL did well, so did Jones, so did ............... insert whomever.

Jorden beat the pass rush, beat the blitz and the rest of the Dallas top 5 defense.

several Members changed there vote, :beer2: :beer2: here's to hoping the rest of you will :pray: :pray: just this once Jorden Love deserves it :aok:
I mean he had a PERFECT passer rating.

I am not accepting that last play knocking his rating.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:24
Yoop wrote:

How many 100+ passer rating games has he produced of late? How far above expectation was his performance? And, most importantly, how big of an underdog pick is Jordan Love at this point?

Again, yes, he was the game MVP. I’m not taking anything from how great he played. That’s a different vote, though.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
15 Jan 2024 10:27
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

How many 100+ passer rating games has he produced of late? How far above expectation was his performance? And, most importantly, how big of an underdog pick is Jordan Love at this point?
I mean it has never happened in Packers history.

That's a pretty long time with a couple of okay quaterbacks.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I mean it has never happened in Packers history.

That's a pretty long time with a couple of okay quaterbacks.
Again, yes, he was the game MVP. I’m not taking anything away from how great he played. That’s a different vote, though.