Packers @ 49ers Divisional GDT: Saturday, January 20th, 2024, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ 49ers Divisional GDT: Saturday, January 20th, 2024, 7:15 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers :49ers:
Saturday, January 20th, 7:15 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers -10
Over/Under: 50.5

Stadium

Levi's Stadium

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/week/DIV-2

Broadcast
https://506sports.com/
Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews and Tom Rinaldi

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet

Weather
image.png
image.png (19.99 KiB) Viewed 924 times

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
49ers 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Could be my confirmation bias, but yesterday we struggled stopping the run again 11 personnel. I believe that has been a constant struggle for us all year. Good news, SF only uses 11 on 48% of their snaps, 6th least in the league. Do they stick with that trend or go more 11?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

SF may be the toughest opponent we face even if we advance to the big game, arguably the most stacked roster in the league. No time to play scared though, I hope MLF and Barry stay aggressive.

I would say they should break out their special plays for this one, but I don't need more of us trying to get a WR to throw across the field and failing to fool the opposing defense at all. That double-fake screen with Love spinning around and hitting Musgrave up the seam was good, though. More stuff like the latter, less like the former.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I actually haven't seen much of the 49ers this year. Highlights, box scores mostly. I live in Maryland so I watched the Ravens BLOW THEM OUT

So I really don't have a good feel for strengths and weaknesses beyond just national media talking point level understanding.

I guess I'll be more of a listener in this week's thread than contributor, probably.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
15 Jan 2024 14:33
SF may be the toughest opponent we face even if we advance to the big game, arguably the most stacked roster in the league. No time to play scared though, I hope MLF and Barry stay aggressive.

I would say they should break out their special plays for this one, but I don't need more of us trying to get a WR to throw across the field and failing to fool the opposing defense at all. That double-fake screen with Love spinning around and hitting Musgrave up the seam was good, though. More stuff like the latter, less like the former.
I do believe this is the real Super Bowl. I think right now these are the two best teams in the league.

I think overall the 49ers are better but we have the better QB and I still don’t believe in Purdy.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jan 2024 14:39
Labrev wrote:

I do believe this is the real Super Bowl. I think right now these are the two best teams in the league.

I think overall the 49ers are better but we have the better QB and I still don’t believe in Purdy.
Ravens are scary good.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I'm going into this with the belief that our awesome run ends here. Hell of a freaking year and we are set up so well for the future. Hard to believe how stacked we are going forward.

I will say though that it would be pretty funny if we win because the narrative has always been that Rodgers couldn't beat the team that passed over him in the draft and now that Rodgers is gone, watch Jordan Love light them up and win.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Jan 2024 14:41
lupedafiasco wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Ravens are scary good.
They’ve got no RBs. Their TE is a young player who’s done well replacing Andrews but he disappears here and there. Their WRs aren’t better than what we just faced. Not even close.

It’s Lamar and a bunch of bums. Their defense is great sure. I just don’t think they could keep up with our scoring.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Feel so bad for Enagbare. I thought he's played really well the last few games. Hoping we get to see what Cox can do. If his head is on straight he has some scary physical ability. Plus SF has no tape on him!!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jan 2024 14:50
Acrobat wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Ravens are scary good.
They’ve got no RBs. Their TE is a young player who’s done well replacing Andrews but he disappears here and there. Their WRs aren’t better than what we just faced. Not even close.

It’s Lamar and a bunch of bums. Their defense is great sure. I just don’t think they could keep up with our scoring.
Have you watched them play? Those bums are really good. But yeah, losing Keaton Mitchel definitely did hurt their RB room.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

No way this game isn’t gunna mean a ton to LaFleur. He’s gunna want this game so damn bad.

Don’t think anyway we come out flat. Not sure if we are good enough, but we gunna swing hard and Matt gonna be dialing.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

From the OP, that 1997 playoff game against SF was the first Packer game I can remember watching as a kid. Let's beat these guys, they have had our number in the postseason for too long.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’ve really really wanted two things all year.

First was winning a playoff game, figured that was a realisticly difficult bar to set to determine if this was a good year.

As the year went on. I also wanted SF in the playoffs. Unfinished business, monkey on our back, revenge, however you wanna spin it, I’ve wanted them.

Let’s effin go baby!!!!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Acrobat wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Ravens are scary good.
I feel like we could use the Chicago defensive gameplan to great effect. Jackson is a much better passer than Fields, no question, but that's beside the point: spy him with Quay to limit the damage he does with his legs, then trust your solid secondary with the rest. Saying their receivers are "bums" is hyperbole, but I think the point was that apart from Andrews there is no one you are worried about for their playmaking ability. It is certainly a much less explosive or playmaking group than what DAL or SF have.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

I think we have a legitimate shot a winning it all this year, and my reasoning is this: the rest of the playoff teams feel like old news to me. We've already seen the Bills and the Eagles and the 49ers and even the Ravens play their respective brands of football for multiple years now. Everyone knows what they are. Everyone knows who their best players are. And everyone has all kinds of tape on them.

We don't even know who the #1 receiver on our own team is. Aside from us and maybe the Lions, there is a stale feeling with the rest of these teams. Not saying they aren't good teams. I'm just saying that the element of the unknown is one of the most valuable advantages that a team can have in the playoffs. And this Packers team has it, maybe more than any playoff team I have ever seen.

I'm not afraid to say it. I believe in this team- not just in the future, but right now.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Papa John wrote:
15 Jan 2024 15:21
I think we have a legitimate shot a winning it all this year, and my reasoning is this: the rest of the playoff teams feel like old news to me. We've already seen the Bills and the Eagles and the 49ers and even the Ravens play their respective brands of football for multiple years now. Everyone knows what they are. Everyone knows who their best players are. And everyone has all kinds of tape on them.

We don't even know who the #1 receiver on our own team is. Aside from us and maybe the Lions, there is a stale feeling with the rest of these teams. Not saying they aren't good teams. I'm just saying that the element of the unknown is one of the most valuable advantages that a team can have in the playoffs. And this Packers team has it, maybe more than any playoff team I have ever seen.

I'm not afraid to say it. I believe in this team- not just in the future, but right now.
IF the Packers do win on Saturday, then I might be on the "we're winning it all train" much like I was after we beat Atlanta in the 2010 Playoffs. You just knew after that game that there was no stopping us.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Niners will want to get a lot of hits on Love.

Packers need to get a lot of hits on Purdy.

I would look for that to make the biggest difference. And the Pack needs to play like they can smash the teeth out of the Niners.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!