Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

So I paid my WPS bill today. There was a 3% WI low income assistance fee. Why is there a low income fee? Between that and food stamps giving me $23 dollars a month I'm thinking about moving back to Michigan. Seriously, WTF?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Trudge wrote:
25 Dec 2023 15:28
So I paid my WPS bill today. There was a 3% WI low income assistance fee. Why is there a low income fee? Between that and food stamps giving me $23 dollars a month I'm thinking about moving back to Michigan. Seriously, WTF?
:hide: :munch:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Finally got my wife a new car today. Always an exhausting experience. But this one went quite well. Staff at the dealership we went to were very good. Only 1 curveball I wasn't thrilled with. But we'll likely take advantage of it.

First NEW vehicle we've ever purchased. Easily the most expensive. But glad we are in the position to get her what she wanted.

Now the long process of her learning how to use all the technology!
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
30 Dec 2023 20:15
Finally got my wife a new car today. Always an exhausting experience. But this one went quite well. Staff at the dealership we went to were very good. Only 1 curveball I wasn't thrilled with. But we'll likely take advantage of it.

First NEW vehicle we've ever purchased. Easily the most expensive. But glad we are in the position to get her what she wanted.

We bought a new car yesterday too. :)

Although interest rates are so dumb, we got something older. I wouldn’t do over a 36 month loan.

Not sure how, but I had an 895 credit score out of 899 max, the guy said it was the highest he’s ever seen. It’s always been extremely good, but that almost seems like a glitch. Feel like that should be reserved for like millionaires or billionaires. Had fun making fun of my wife’s 861 all day though. :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:

Just go in and connect her phone for her, save her favorite radio stations to the presets, and show her where the seat heater is located. The rest can wait…

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 07:12
paco wrote:

We bought a new car yesterday too. :)

Although interest rates are so dumb, we got something older. I wouldn’t do over a 36 month loan.

Not sure how, but I had an 895 credit score out of 899 max, the guy said it was the highest he’s ever seen. It’s always been extremely good, but that almost seems like a glitch. Feel like that should be reserved for like millionaires or billionaires. Had fun making fun of my wife’s 861 all day though. :lol:
895?! Damn! Rates are dumb now. But we still went 60 months. I probably should've put another grand or 2 down. High car bills build character, or something.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
paco wrote:

Just go in and connect her phone for her, save her favorite radio stations to the presets, and show her where the seat heater is located. The rest can wait…
Seat heater she's good on. I want to make her do the rest so she actually knows it. She gets overwhelmed by options and tech. But she's got to learn it at some point.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
31 Dec 2023 08:54
APB wrote:
paco wrote:

Seat heater she's good on. I want to make her do the rest so she actually knows it. She gets overwhelmed by options and tech. But she's got to learn it at some point.
Heated steering wheel is infinitely a better feature than the seater heater. I hate heated seats. They make me feel sick.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
31 Dec 2023 11:51
paco wrote:
31 Dec 2023 08:54
APB wrote:

Heated steering wheel is infinitely a better feature than the seater heater. I hate heated seats. They make me feel sick.
I don't think I'd use either. I like stuff cool. But on a really cold day, I suspect it would be nice if it's been sitting outside.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Bought a new phone (Samsung s23+) over Thanksgiving deals. Arrived about a week ago and set it up today. Much faster than my almost 5 year old s10+. Battery life and screen brightness better. A pretty big pain switching everything over, though.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I love content like this…

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:38
Bought a new phone (Samsung s23+) over Thanksgiving deals. Arrived about a week ago and set it up today. Much faster than my almost 5 year old s10+. Battery life and screen brightness better. A pretty big pain switching everything over, though.
I've still got a S10+. Been thinking of switching to either the S23 or a Pixel 8.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
01 Jan 2024 22:40
I love content like this…

RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
02 Jan 2024 08:47
wallyuwl wrote:
31 Dec 2023 22:38
I've still got a S10+. Been thinking of switching to either the S23 or a Pixel 8.
Battery life is insane on this thing. Much better screen. It is slightly thicker than s10+. Not too much bloatware and it was pretty easily deleted or made inactive.

When I took my old one out of the case, the glue keeping the front and back pieces together was coming undone. Had to super glue it back together before sending with fedex for trade (got $200 for it on trade, special promotion rate normal is $100 - my wife got the same for hers even with a cracked screen - samsung had a really good deal over Thanksgiving).

Pixel doesn't work with my network/carrier. I almost went Motorola Edge+ but after having it, like the Samsung. Too many reports of the Motorola crashing, needs to be restarted often, etc.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Humorous...but true!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
10 Jan 2024 07:00
Humorous...but true!

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Waiting for number 3. Dishwasher is leaking and snowblower isn't working. I can't figure out how to fix either. What's the 3rd thing that will break? Probably my body or finally my brain.

Hoping to get somone out soon on the snowblower. Luckily got through most of the driveway before it stopped after we got dumped on the other day. Hoping its relatively easy to fix. But it is old and I know parts are tough to find. Would rather not have to buy a new one now.

Dishwasher I might take another stab at. But I need to pull the whole thing out and I can't do it by myself. It's like they built the cabinets around it or wanted to make sure no normal human being could ever remove it. And I know there's going to be electrical work I need to do once I get behind there. If I ever want to get a new one and have someone install it, it is no where close to code.

Should have never bought a house. I'm not handy. I make the handy people lunch. The person/s who owned this house before me thought they were handy. But they really just knew how to half-ass stuff.

Sorry for my whining.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
16 Jan 2024 07:22
Waiting for number 3. Dishwasher is leaking and snowblower isn't working. I can't figure out how to fix either. What's the 3rd thing that will break? Probably my body or finally my brain.

Hoping to get somone out soon on the snowblower. Luckily got through most of the driveway before it stopped after we got dumped on the other day. Hoping its relatively easy to fix. But it is old and I know parts are tough to find. Would rather not have to buy a new one now.

Dishwasher I might take another stab at. But I need to pull the whole thing out and I can't do it by myself. It's like they built the cabinets around it or wanted to make sure no normal human being could ever remove it. And I know there's going to be electrical work I need to do once I get behind there. If I ever want to get a new one and have someone install it, it is no where close to code.

Should have never bought a house. I'm not handy. I make the handy people lunch. The person/s who owned this house before me thought they were handy. But they really just knew how to half-ass stuff.

Sorry for my whining.
The good thing about the dishwasher is that it’s a luxury item. You don’t need it to get clean dishes. It’s just you and the wife, isn’t it? Two people don’t make a huge mess so long as you clean as you go. My wife and I have a dishwasher but only use it on occasion. No biggie.

Now the snowblower, that’s a different animal. Gotta get that bad boy running…

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
16 Jan 2024 16:02
paco wrote:
16 Jan 2024 07:22

Sorry for my whining.
The good thing about the dishwasher is that it’s a luxury item. You don’t need it to get clean dishes. It’s just you and the wife, isn’t it? Two people don’t make a huge mess so long as you clean as you go. My wife and I have a dishwasher but only use it on occasion. No biggie.

Now the snowblower, that’s a different animal. Gotta get that bad boy running…
You've never seen my wife cook! Luckily she doesn't do it often. But you are totally right. Also lucky no more snow atleast in the short term forecast.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

What happened to the snowblower? What type is it (brand, age, 1 or 2 stage)? As in, what was it doing before stopped working? What does "stopped working" mean?

They aren't complicated. If it has clean oil in the proper amount, a fresh spark plug every few years, and no ethanol gas they can last 50 years.