Packers @ 49ers Divisional GDT: Saturday, January 20th, 2024, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think this is another 2 possession win. I really do. I’m not afraid of Purdy in the playoffs. He’s fine but when he’s gotta fit these balls into tighter windows and make off script plays I think he’s going to falter.

Packers 31
49ers 20
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 08:06
CMC left last game with a calf strain. That would have been 3 weeks 3 from when we play them. Maybe that strain needs a month to heal 😁
CMC is a really good football player but fragile as hell. I can't recall a single season when he didn't miss games due to injury.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Jan 2024 08:55
I think this is another 2 possession win. I really do. I’m not afraid of Purdy in the playoffs. He’s fine but when he’s gotta fit these balls into tighter windows and make off script plays I think he’s going to falter.

Packers 31
49ers 20
I don't want to rain on your parade but the 9ers' D is better than the cowpies'. It will take another Herculean game by Love and Jones to win this Saturday.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
16 Jan 2024 09:17
Drj820 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 08:06
CMC left last game with a calf strain. That would have been 3 weeks 3 from when we play them. Maybe that strain needs a month to heal 😁
CMC is a really good football player but fragile as hell. I can't recall a single season when he didn't miss games due to injury.
CMC has had just as many seasons when he's played a full slate of games (to include this one) as seasons he's missed multiple games for injury. Sure, he had that 3-season run of bad luck but he's been a workhorse outside of that.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I have way more faith in this team against the opponent at hand than I could have ever imagined having this season. My head is no match for my heart on this one. GB over SF, don't care about the score, just win baby.

Except against Tampa. I really hope we draw Detroit instead. It's really stupid but the worse team scares me because Joe Barry.

As an aside, extended rest seems especially bad against a team with the level of momentum that our team has right now! :twisted:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Food for thought...

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

This season is already awesome, playing in the divisional round of postseason with a rebuilding team. :shock: Look at 2008 and we had Rodgers. So no pressure. Just go out, play hard, aggressive and risky and use this mentality to your advantage, next season you wont have the advantage of playing downhill because expectations will grow.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Their defense is a lot tougher than Dallas' I think. Some big boy football players up front and Warner is beast at linebacker. I think yards are going to be much tougher to come by against the 9ers than Dallas by a lot. I won't be surprised if we win, but I'd be lying if I said I was confident we're taking this one. Going to take another great game, as it should. It's the playoffs

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

LOL, 49ers started prepping for the Packers in 2nd Q of the Dallas game. Had probably previously scouted the Cowboys and realized all that work turned to dust.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

49ers defense is ranked high against the run but not so good against the pass. My take is probably because they had leads in most of their games and teams gave up on the run.

But 3.7 ypc average is pretty respectable. Good news is 3 runs of 3.7 is a first down! Hope MLF doesn't give up on it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 14:23
LOL, 49ers started prepping for the Packers in 2nd Q of the Dallas game. Had probably previously scouted the Cowboys and realized all that work turned to dust.

Alright. A little tongue and cheek response.

"The Cowboys scored so I then did a little prep on both during halftime"

Halftime is 12 mintues. There isn't a whole lot you can do in 12 minutes.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Statistical look at 49ers defense:
Blitz 18% of the time, 30th most in the league.
Pressured the QB 20.9% of the time, 17th best.
48 sacks is 7th best.
Sack percentage of 17.2% is 18th best.
22 INTs is best in the league.
INT percentage of 3.5% is 2nd best.
84 PDs is 5th.
80 TFLs is 18th.
4.1 rushing yards per run is 10th.
6.4 passing yards per attempt is 5th.
Completion percentage of 66% is 21st.
Expected points contributed by rushing defense is 20th.
Expected points contributed by passing defense is 5th.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 14:23

Weird to be scouting Cowboys.

They knew they couldn’t play Dallas. Or Detroit, in the second round. I ain’t buying what he’s selling.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

BF004 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 17:00
Weird to be scouting Cowboys.

They knew they couldn’t play Dallas. Or Detroit, in the second round. I ain’t buying what he’s selling.
He never said he was looking at Dallas. The both teams comment probably meant the other team most likely to face them if Dallas won.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jaire limited, good sign early.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

SuperBowl people thought they wanted: SF vs. BAL

SuperBowl people really want: GB vs. HOU :)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Looks like an area to exploit. Our interior DL are gonna need to bring it this week.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

packman114 wrote:
16 Jan 2024 15:59
49ers defense is ranked high against the run but not so good against the pass. My take is probably because they had leads in most of their games and teams gave up on the run.

But 3.7 ypc average is pretty respectable. Good news is 3 runs of 3.7 is a first down! Hope MLF doesn't give up on it.
Yeah. I was gonna say that running wont be quite as "easy" against the Niners. But you beat me to it. The nice thing is that Jones can get some of his touches by pass.

Did you see the play on Sunday where they put a 3-man bunch to the left with Jones starting out even to their left. Then he motioned to the right and caught a screen pass. The Boys could probably sniff out the screen. But Jones still got like 8 yards. I'd like to see some variations off that play.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I think we throw the stats out the window on this game. The intensity will be quite high on both sides I'm sure. Here's what I look for.

1. Niners test their running game between the tackles and give their TEs plenty of catches.
2. Packers find ways to get 5 explosive plays.
3. Aaron Jones to NOT fumble.
4. Packer must WIN the turnover battle - again.

Momentum will mean a lot. So I'm hoping we score 14 in the 1st quarter. Or, at least carry a lead by the 2nd.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Most of SF's important players have not played since week 17. Will they be rusty?