Packers @ 49ers Divisional GDT: Saturday, January 20th, 2024, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

JKB wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:33
GO LIONS!
Hope they win the SB
I hope all remaining players all treats their acls.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I think it was just „one of those games“. We did better than 49ers but little things came in the way. Nothing really gross, mistakes happen even at this stage. That is life. Get up, clean yourself, move forward! MLF and Gute have to detect the areas to improve. Because no doubt NOW starts the real 10-year-window for us. Future looks bright, at least.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:27
Pugger wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:22
go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:18
The 49ers got outplayed but have a horseshoe up their a$$

Words cannot describe how much I hate them f*cks. We all knew we were gonna lose today when Savage dropped the pick 6, Nixon dropped a pick inside the 20...just way too many missed opportunities.

Now this young team is jaded and will experience what every other Packers team experiences...tightness in the playoffs. This was our year. Now the expectations come.

This was our year? We are a year away. Losing Tom killed us IMO. Whoever comes put of the NFC is gonna get smoked by Baltimore anyway.

You have been saying that all year pugger. Im sorry but this was a superbowl team right now! This game proves it. They have been playing as well as anyone. I am also not sure about your Baltimore prediction either. The last superbowl they won they were the final seed also. I vehemently disagree with your take.
A Super Bowl team finds a way to win a game like this, not give it away like this.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

JKB wrote:
GO LIONS!
Hope they win the SB
:puke:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Papa John wrote:
And I am sorry but I do t want to hear about how “this will be a great team for yours to come.” This WAS A GREAT TEAM NOW. But if you don’t catch easy INTS and execute, we’ll be saying “this team is built for the future” FOREVER!!!!!
Agreed. You got to take advantage when the opportunities are there.

After our dominant win last week, the pressure on this postseason skyrocketed in my mind. We needed this. You can't count on the future. I said "next year" for 10+ years after our last SB win.

This one hurts. I figured we would lose today. I knew it would crush me.

But the way we lost is even more crushing.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

NCF wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:30
Papa John wrote:
And I am sorry but I do t want to hear about how “this will be a great team for yours to come.” This WAS A GREAT TEAM NOW. But if you don’t catch easy INTS and execute, we’ll be saying “this team is built for the future” FOREVER!!!!!
A few positions to fix… safety, specifically. Maybe another ILB and they look to be really solid. They did what they could with this roster and it was a really fun season. It hurts to lose a game that they probably should have one, but they showed up and gave the #1 seed all they could handle.
Honest question here an some of this is venting but how much can a GM do to ensure that the players on the field can do basic things like catching an INT that hits them right in the numbers? FFS it just seems like there is always something with this team. An absolutely uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, like no other historically successful sports franchise that I can think of.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Niners are to Green Bay what Green Bay is to Dallas. :oops:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Pugger wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:36
JKB wrote:
GO LIONS!
Hope they win the SB
:puke:
I’m a Michigan guy so the Lions are like step brothers for me

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:34
I think it was just „one of those games“. We did better than 49ers but little things came in the way. Nothing really gross, mistakes happen even at this stage. That is life. Get up, clean yourself, move forward! MLF and Gute have to detect the areas to improve. Because no doubt NOW starts the real 10-year-window for us. Future looks bright, at least.
3 dropped INTs with all of them resulting in points is gross mistakes.

Make no mistake about it. We shat this game down our pants.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I thought we where playing with house money, we accomplished more then anyone expected us to, I know thats no consolation, and agree we beat ourselves tonight, but this has been a great stepping stone, prior to the last couple SB wins we had to take some lumps the year prior, we'll be back, Love played his A plus game last week, this week he faced a better defense, better pressure, and a even bigger stage, the backside heave was terrible, he'll learn from that.

tough loss

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

We got proof of concept. We now know the bar is all the way up.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:39
German_Panzer wrote:

Why do you think we always do this?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Papa John wrote:
Yeah but this team really was built for the future far more than for competing this year. Were there any doubt of that, remember that we traded one of our best defenders mid-season (could have really used him tonight).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pugger wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:
Pugger wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:22

This was our year? We are a year away. Losing Tom killed us IMO. Whoever comes put of the NFC is gonna get smoked by Baltimore anyway.

You have been saying that all year pugger. Im sorry but this was a superbowl team right now! This game proves it. They have been playing as well as anyone. I am also not sure about your Baltimore prediction either. The last superbowl they won they were the final seed also. I vehemently disagree with your take.
A Super Bowl team finds a way to win a game like this, not give it away like this.
Sorry, I don't think the more superbowl ready team won. Point is, we could have just as easily have won. You make it sound and have made it sound like it was a pipe dream all along. BS!!!! It wasn't. Im crushed we didnt pull that off. Just like when we lost to seahawks in NFC championship. We were better then too.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

And crapping the bed in red zone all first half, after being best in NFL during season.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Labrev wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:44
Papa John wrote:
Yeah but this team really was built for the future far more than for competing this year. Were there any doubt of that, remember that we traded one of our best defenders mid-season (could have really used him tonight).
Another bad move by Gute. An obviously bad one. Just like drafting Carlson was bad, and keeping him was worse. For all the other mistakes, the ream has a shot in OT if the kicker makes a 41 yarder. Tonight was predictable.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:43
go pak go wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

Why do you think we always do this?
It spans multiple QBs, coaches, GMs, DCs, eras, etc.

I don't know other than just math. You are always more than likely going to lose at some point unless your name is Tom Brady.
Yoop wrote:

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Labrev wrote:
Papa John wrote:
You can’t play the “it’s supposed to happen tomorrow, not today” game in the NFL. You never know when you’ll have this opportunity again. Nobody had any film on this team. Next year they will. The task is only going to get harder. The opportunity was right here and we didn’t take advantage.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
Papa John wrote:
Gute gotta go to bed knowing that we win this game with rasul on the roster
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Papa John wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:54
Labrev wrote:
Papa John wrote:
You can’t play the “it’s supposed to happen tomorrow, not today” game in the NFL. You never know when you’ll have this opportunity again. Nobody had any film on this team. Next year they will. The task is only going to get harder. The opportunity was right here and we didn’t take advantage.
Couldn't agree more.
Yoop wrote: