Post-Game: 49ers 24 Packers 21

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:49
The game was not lost on a bad call on 4th and inches
The game was not lost on dropped ints
The game was not lost on the final picked pass
The game was not lost by Savage or Carlson or the long snapper
All these could have been overcome

The game was lost on Zach Tom getting hurt and the fact that Nijman sucks. Love lost his mojo when he knew that his RT was a turnstile - and I don't blame Love for that.

Draft a safety. Draft a swing tackle. Resign JRJ and Dillon. And beat SF next year.
When you have 4 game clinching gimme's not go our way....I think those outweight a player getting injured in the 2nd half.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Weirdly, this doesn't even hurt for me. I felt the whole game we'd have to get up by two scores to have a shot, and we never did.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:40

This was an awful thing for Lafleur to say. Show unrelenting confidence in your kicker or find a new one
Find a new one. I am done with the Carlson experiment. Pre-season, I said sure, let's roll the dice with him because he is talented even though he missed a ton in preseason, because this is a rebuilding year for us and it is probably better to move on from Crosby now while we don't expect much.

But to be honest I might have signed Crosby in January when it became evident that we actually had something to play for this season. Crosby would have made that 41 yard attempt, no question.

But yeah, he's garbage. Bring in someone else.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:47
go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:45

The 9ers sucked balls too. Kittle. Purdy. etc all made dumb plays.

I can't believe Savage and Nixon. 3 dropped INTs. FFS
That’s why it hurts. It was all right there for the taking. Just needed to go grab it.
I think what hurts so much is they literally do this EVERY YEAR.

2013. 2014. 2015. 2020. 2021. 20223

I like getting my a$$ kicked more. It's easier. Instead the choke gene is inserting itself in this new team.

Savage has to go. I am going to be adamant we gotta get chokers out of this team. This is two playoff games that Savage has cost us now.
That’s what I’m saying man. Sure; the team overshot expectations. But we were hot. We outplayed em for 45 minutes. It’s like a force field keeps us from making the plays we need to put teams to bed. In the past, I’ve said “we lack dogs” because a dog shows up and the lights aren’t too bright.

Now I don’t know what to call it or what to say. Maybe it flows from the HC. Idk. We choke. Every year. Every time.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

APB wrote:
I’m disappointed with the loss but more than happy with how they battled and arguably outplayed the supposed juggernaut 49ers. This is gonna be a good team for many years to come!
Not sure who you are referring to but I am much more disappointed with the loss and its not even $%@# close. We were right there to play for the championship game. We had been playing as good as anyone in the NFL and played well enough to win today. The future looks bright but there is no guarantee we will be there next year. After the 2010 packers won the SB people talked about the team winning multiple SB. That team never got back.
So, I am pretty $%@# disappointed. At least for a day!!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:

This was an awful thing for Lafleur to say. Show unrelenting confidence in your kicker or find a new one
If he says he is confident he seems delusional. The kid needs to be on notice. Many high school kickers are better. Should have never been drafted, then should have been cut in October (at the latest - he sucked in TC).

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

APB wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some of these takes are hilarious.

The Packers went toe-to-toe with who many consider the SB favorites. The youngest team in the league showed their age in crunch time and couldn’t pull it out but, by god, they gave them all they could handle.

And some of you revert right back to your sorry “same as every year” pissing and moaning.

I’m disappointed with the loss but more than happy with how they battled and arguably outplayed the supposed juggernaut 49ers. This is gonna be a good team for many years to come!
No, we need to seize the opportunity when we have it and many of us were looking to not keep losing in the same manner as we did under Rodgers, with heartbreak at the hands of a team who made plays in crunch time when we didn't, after failing on a large number of plays which, had any gone our way, would have meant victory.

But that being said, I also didn't have many expectations and have to consider this season a huge success. Some teams rebuild for 30 years and it took us half a season. I like that we rebuilt, and are not rebuilding. And now we get a ton of cap space back too (which tbh will mostly be spent on Love but I would assume we will have some more room to work with). Youngest team, lots of talent, finally get to run the MLF offense instead of the Rodgers offense. Things looking good.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

The season greatly exceeded my expectations. There is a bright future for the Packers. They’ll be in the running for the next decade.

Can’t wait until the draft and then next season (as usual but even more so now).
Love is the answer…

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:53
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:47

That’s why it hurts. It was all right there for the taking. Just needed to go grab it.
I think what hurts so much is they literally do this EVERY YEAR.

2013. 2014. 2015. 2020. 2021. 20223

I like getting my a$$ kicked more. It's easier. Instead the choke gene is inserting itself in this new team.

Savage has to go. I am going to be adamant we gotta get chokers out of this team. This is two playoff games that Savage has cost us now.
That’s what I’m saying man. Sure; the team overshot expectations. But we were hot. We outplayed em for 45 minutes. It’s like a force field keeps us from making the plays we need to put teams to bed. In the past, I’ve said “we lack dogs” because a dog shows up and the lights aren’t too bright.

Now I don’t know what to call it or what to say. Maybe it flows from the HC. Idk. We choke. Every year. Every time.
I still blame Rodgers. His personality was just not conducive to dogs. At least when Favre lost it was because he was an idiot; he would always inspire the troops. I was hoping that when Rodgers left, his aura would dissipate, and that may happen, but we still are losers this year.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

MY_TAKE wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:56
APB wrote:
Not sure who you are referring to but I am much more disappointed with the loss and its not even $%@# close. We were right there to play for the championship game. We had been playing as good as anyone in the NFL and played well enough to win today. The future looks bright but there is no guarantee we will be there next year. After the 2010 packers won the SB people talked about the team winning multiple SB. That team never got back.
So, I am pretty $%@# disappointed. At least for a day!!
APB just wanted to shame us for being emotional after a playoff loss. He wanted to let us know he was above the emotion.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:51
Weirdly, this doesn't even hurt for me. I felt the whole game we'd have to get up by two scores to have a shot, and we never did.
The entire game just felt like SF would do just enough. So many missed opportunities in RZ early, missed plays on D later. So similar to 2014 NFCCG.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lafleur must HATE Shanahan. Like really hate the guy internally.

At least I hope he does

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m pretty disappointed in the use of Jones and the timing of when hed come out of the game, all throughout the game

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:02
I’m pretty disappointed in the use of Jones and the timing of when hed come out of the game, all throughout the game
We need to draft a dynamic RB this year. We also need to bring Jones back.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

The game was lost on Zach Tom getting hurt and the fact that Nijman sucks. Love lost his mojo when he knew that his RT was a turnstile - and I don't blame Love for that.

Draft a safety. Draft a swing tackle. Resign JRJ and Dillon. And beat SF next year.
When you have 4 game clinching gimme's not go our way....I think those outweight a player getting injured in the 2nd half.
It does when he is your best olineman. It does when you do not have a backup worthy of being on any 53 in the league. There was a play when Nijman had 2 players he could have blocked. He wiffed on both and Love got hit. Love was never the same the rest of the game.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Drj820 wrote:

Could be wrong but I thought it was CARLSON himself saying he prayed when he went out there.

Ether way I guess.... Likely not a vote of confidence.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:06
go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

It does when he is your best olineman. It does when you do not have a backup worthy of being on any 53 in the league. There was a play when Nijman had 2 players he could have blocked. He wiffed on both and Love got hit. Love was never the same the rest of the game.
Yeah. I just don't understand your calculus. Love wouldn't have to be god mode had just 1 of 5 of those plays you mentioned happened.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YES IT WAS A GOOD SEASON OVERALL

that said

I think this one may hurt so much because of the actual game. It was right there! Purdy was awful! They missed a FG! We almost ran a KO back! We had the top seed on the ropes, and we let ‘em off the hook.

‘14 vibes

That’s why it hurts

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:02
I am going to be emotional. This one downright pisses me off. I think I'm most pissed at the football gods now.

Why do they hate us?
Yoop wrote:

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

My disappointment with Love is actually proof of how good I think he is. If I thought he sucked I wouldn't have been so upset with the final few possessions. He is better than that. I was almost positive with 3 timeout we would at minimum get a descent FG attempt to tie. The one good thing is I guess is, he will learn. I don't think you will ever see him do that again in the same sort of moment. HIs future looks very bright. The downer is they missed a golden opportunity to play for a trip to the SB. It was right there. Unless your Tom Brady them chances don't come very often.