Post-Game: 49ers 24 Packers 21

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I think some of you need to go back and watch 2014. Not even on the same level.

The entire state of Wisconsin had the champagne popped then.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:40

This was an awful thing for Lafleur to say. Show unrelenting confidence in your kicker or find a new one
The problem was he wasn't the only one praying... :pray:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:12
Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:02
I’m pretty disappointed in the use of Jones and the timing of when hed come out of the game, all throughout the game
I am going to be emotional. This one downright pisses me off. I think I'm most pissed at the football gods now.

Why do they hate us?
Being emotional is cool for fans. APB shouldn’t have tried to shame us. We all know it was a good year overall
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:14

Ya that’s true lol
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Ultimately it comes down to Gutenbumst not doing the obvious thing to put us over the top. Having Zander’s as our kicker was a colossal mistake.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:49
Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:47
go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:45

The 9ers sucked balls too. Kittle. Purdy. etc all made dumb plays.

I can't believe Savage and Nixon. 3 dropped INTs. FFS
That’s why it hurts. It was all right there for the taking. Just needed to go grab it.
I think what hurts so much is they literally do this EVERY YEAR.

2013. 2014. 2015. 2020. 2021. 20223

I like getting my a$$ kicked more. It's easier. Instead the choke gene is inserting itself in this new team.

Savage has to go. I am going to be adamant we gotta get chokers out of this team. This is two playoff games that Savage has cost us now.
I guess I feel differently about this team compared to the others you mention here is this team is so young and talented. It isn't like we have a zillion holes to fill either. Nobody wants to hear tonight it but I think our future is bright as hell.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Well one thing for sure we need to find the next Aaron Jones. Not sure how many years he has left but the offense needs a RB with his skill set. Dillon is a good compliment but not explosive like Jones.

Disappointed that Love threw that last pass. No reason to try that at all. Seemed like the type of plays he made early in the year. Thought he had grown past those.

Also thought MLF didn't call a good game. Our short yardage runs are very ineffective. Even when successful they barely make it. Been that way for awhile. I feel like he's a good coach but not a championship coach. Feel the same way about Shanahan. Niner fans should feel worse than us for that performance tonight.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:12

Why do they hate us?
Favre > Rodgers > Love

By next year you could be saying the opposite.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

packman114 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:19
Well one thing for sure we need to find the next Aaron Jones. Not sure how many years he has left but the offense needs a RB with his skill set. Dillon is a good compliment but not explosive like Jones.

Disappointed that Love threw that last pass. No reason to try that at all. Seemed like the type of plays he made early in the year. Thought he had grown past those.

Also thought MLF didn't call a good game. Our short yardage runs are very ineffective. Even when successful they barely make it. Been that way for awhile. I feel like he's a good coach but not a championship coach. Feel the same way about Shanahan. Niner fans should feel worse than us for that performance tonight.
That's a hot take. Thought MLF outcoached all game. Was a little disappointed on one of those fourth quarter drives, believe it was the one previous to the 50 yarder from Jones - where the run game started to slip away again. But that's nitpicking.
RIP JustJeff

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

TheGreenMan wrote:

Pretty sure everyone remembers. Thats the point. Its hard to get there and we had a real chance. It wasn't a long shot or pipe dream.

Jordan Love was the fricken MVP the second half of the season and we had just destroyed the Cowboys in the wild card round. Jordan Love is ten times better than Purdy. NOT a PIPE DREAM. Knowing what I know and if the playoffs started over. I would have no problem betting on the Packers to win the WHOLE $%@# thing

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

TheSkeptic wrote:
The game was not lost on a bad call on 4th and inches
The game was not lost on dropped ints
The game was not lost on the final picked pass
The game was not lost by Savage or Carlson or the long snapper
All these could have been overcome

The game was lost on Zach Tom getting hurt and the fact that Nijman sucks. Love lost his mojo when he knew that his RT was a turnstile - and I don't blame Love for that.

Draft a safety. Draft a swing tackle. Resign JRJ and Dillon. And beat SF next year.

Hell of a season, be proud of it
You actually believe that losing Zach Tom had more of an impact than 3 dropped INTs, one of which probably was a pick 6? Ok.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:43
This one hurts so bad.
No, 2014 hurt so bad. This sucks, but is ok, for now.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:45
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some of these takes are hilarious.

The Packers went toe-to-toe with who many consider the SB favorites. The youngest team in the league showed their age in crunch time and couldn’t pull it out but, by god, they gave them all they could handle.

And some of you revert right back to your sorry “same as every year” pissing and moaning.

I’m disappointed with the loss but more than happy with how they battled and arguably outplayed the supposed juggernaut 49ers. This is gonna be a good team for many years to come!
The most popular post this forum has ever seen!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Great season overall. So much enjoy watching the young guys mature. Another year on Just Jeff's was great as well. Beating Da Bears twice was golden. As was meeting Jordan Love and getting him to autograph a mini-helmet.

I'm rooting for the Ravens now.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:24
TheGreenMan wrote:

Pretty sure everyone remembers. Thats the point. Its hard to get there and we had a real chance. It wasn't a long shot or pipe dream.

Jordan Love was the fricken MVP the second half of the season and we had just destroyed the Cowboys in the wild card round. Jordan Love is ten times better than Purdy. NOT a PIPE DREAM. Knowing what I know and if the playoffs started over. I would have no problem betting on the Packers to win the WHOLE $%@# thing
This is what is so exciting. I'll take Love over almost any other young QB out there right now. We got ourselves a keeper we can win with. Purdy and company might go to the SB but will get hammered again by the Ravens. Baltimore is just that good.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

MY_TAKE wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:24
TheGreenMan wrote:

This team was playing with house money. The expectations didn't start building until last week for most of us.

2014. Dead in the center of prime Rodgers era where it was Superbowl or bust. And ended up being the worst collapse in playoff history.

Not saying they didn't have a chance, but nobody was talking Superbowl this year.
RIP JustJeff

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

texas wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:52
Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2024 22:40

This was an awful thing for Lafleur to say. Show unrelenting confidence in your kicker or find a new one
Find a new one. I am done with the Carlson experiment. Pre-season, I said sure, let's roll the dice with him because he is talented even though he missed a ton in preseason, because this is a rebuilding year for us and it is probably better to move on from Crosby now while we don't expect much.

But to be honest I might have signed Crosby in January when it became evident that we actually had something to play for this season. Crosby would have made that 41 yard attempt, no question.

But yeah, he's garbage. Bring in someone else.
I remember Nate Kaeding having a similar rookie season in San Diego. Went on to have a long career.

It’s just that when you have a young team, fine. But I think when you have a young team, it’s not smart to go young at kicker too. These young position players doing everything they can to get the team in position. To win. At least have a veteran kicker they can count on.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Papa John wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:25
TheSkeptic wrote:
The game was not lost on a bad call on 4th and inches
The game was not lost on dropped ints
The game was not lost on the final picked pass
The game was not lost by Savage or Carlson or the long snapper
All these could have been overcome

The game was lost on Zach Tom getting hurt and the fact that Nijman sucks. Love lost his mojo when he knew that his RT was a turnstile - and I don't blame Love for that.

Draft a safety. Draft a swing tackle. Resign JRJ and Dillon. And beat SF next year.

Hell of a season, be proud of it
You actually believe that losing Zach Tom had more of an impact than 3 dropped INTs, one of which probably was a pick 6? Ok.
I do. Before Tom left the offense had SF running ragged.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
This one hurts so bad.
For me, It hurts bad!! Because I know how good this team is now. Next year someone could break their collarbone or rupture their achilles and your season is done.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

MY_TAKE wrote:
20 Jan 2024 23:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
This one hurts so bad.
For me, It hurts bad!! Because I know how good this team is now. Next year someone could break their collarbone or rupture their achilles and your season is done.
Not sure what to say if you think this is a better team than 2014. This team has a very bright future. That team should have won that game