Post-Game: 49ers 24 Packers 21

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2024 06:53
Fans were tight/nervous when we were up 48 to 16 for a reason. Because we are so traumatized that even a 32 point lead with 10 minutes to go isn't enough - especially as we watched Dallas get into the 30's. This is our reality.
agree

I'am convinced that the defense we've seen these last 3 or 4 games are the best we can hope for with Barry, as soon as we get a lead and have to depend on the defense to keep it, he opts for coverage over pass rush, and his secondary schemes fail every time, more time against Dallas and we'd have lost just as we did against the Niners, the only way to win with Joe Barry is for our offense to score on the last possession of the game or burn the clock off, he has to go, or next year will be a repeat of these last 2 years.

I watched Detroit, they scheme up the 5th rusher very well, 3 edge blitzes from there CB, 3 sacks, ours get blocked because it is so obvious that they are going to blitz, we have a excellent stunting lber, whats Barry do, he stunts him 3 or 4 times in 17 games, how moronic does this garbage have to be for Lafleur to fire him? guy should have walking Papers this morning :thwap:
Last edited by Yoop on 22 Jan 2024 08:33, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote: Fans were tight/nervous when we were up 48 to 16 for a reason. Because we are so traumatized that even a 32 point lead with 10 minutes to go isn't enough - especially as we watched Dallas get into the 30's. This is our reality.
Our reality?? I wasn’t anywhere near nervous.

Were you and some others? Apparently, but I wouldn’t categorize the fan base as traumatized or especially fearful of blowing games any more than any other fan base. Playoffs are tough. We win as many as we lose. We’ve won more SBs this century than most.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
22 Jan 2024 07:48
go pak go wrote: Fans were tight/nervous when we were up 48 to 16 for a reason. Because we are so traumatized that even a 32 point lead with 10 minutes to go isn't enough - especially as we watched Dallas get into the 30's. This is our reality.
I wasn’t anywhere near nervous.

Were you and others? Apparently, but I wouldn’t categorize the fan base as traumatized or especially fearful of blowing games any more than any other fan base. Playoffs are tough. We win as many as we lose. We’ve won more SBs this century than most.
no, we get nervous with Barry because we can't hold a lead with him, obvious now for 3 years when the game is on the line he reverts to soft cushion zones, on nearly every 3rd and whatever he has our coverage so deep it becomes gimmi first downs, and teams march right down and score, or they gas us short, we drop the safety's and teams beat us over the top, Barry's a easy read for any OC.

the only way Hyde is coached by Barry is if Buffalo hires Barry as a assistant coach, whatever I hope like hell Lafleur fires him , he is not the answer for our defense.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2024 08:00
APB wrote:

Were you and others? Apparently, but I wouldn’t categorize the fan base as traumatized or especially fearful of blowing games any more than any other fan base. Playoffs are tough. We win as many as we lose. We’ve won more SBs this century than most.
no, we get nervous with Barry because we can't hold a lead with him, obvious now for 3 years when the game is on the line he reverts to soft cushion zones, on nearly every 3rd and whatever he has our coverage so deep it becomes gimmi first downs, and teams march right down and score, or they gas us short, we drop the safety's and teams beat us over the top, Barry's a easy read for any OC.

the only way Hyde is coached by Barry is if Buffalo hires Barry as a assistant coach, whatever I hope like hell Lafleur fires him , he is not the answer for our defense.
You keep arguing Barry to me like I want to keep him.

For the record, I don’t want him re-signed. I’m as done with him as everybody here. I just think he stays because, in MLFs eyes, he did enough to stay. That’s based on prior hirings/firings with this staff and management.

So enough with targeting me with the Barry arguments. Thanks.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:

Were you and some others? Apparently, but I wouldn’t categorize the fan base as traumatized or especially fearful of blowing games any more than any other fan base. Playoffs are tough. We win as many as we lose. We’ve won more SBs this century than most.
I know every team loses more than wins.

But I do believe the Packers have the most heartbreaking losses over any other team. Especially the last 20 years.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
22 Jan 2024 08:06
Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2024 08:00
APB wrote:

You keep arguing Barry to me like I want to keep him.

For the record, I don’t want him re-signed. I’m as done with him as everybody here. I just think he stays because, in MLFs eyes, he did enough to stay. That’s based on prior hirings/firings with this staff and management.

So enough with targeting me with the Barry arguments. Thanks.
sorry, it just seemed like you where defending him, and Lafleur needs to break that bad habit, he did that with ST's and it backfired, I hope he learned something from that.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

that's the thing with Barry. I think he knows defense and scheme, but it seems whenever the game is on the line, we go into this more passive defense and get taken right down the field for TD's more often than not. I watched a couple teams in back and forth games yesterday seal the victory with their defense.

On Saturday I saw a team completely outplay their opponent until the very end and their defense gave up a 10 play or so drive for the go ahead TD with about a minute left to play. I have seen that happen to that particular team fairly frequently in the past few years. I want it to end.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

musclestang wrote:
22 Jan 2024 08:46
that's the thing with Barry. I think he knows defense and scheme, but it seems whenever the game is on the line, we go into this more passive defense and get taken right down the field for TD's more often than not. I watched a couple teams in back and forth games yesterday seal the victory with their defense.

On Saturday I saw a team completely outplay their opponent until the very end and their defense gave up a 10 play or so drive for the go ahead TD with about a minute left to play. I have seen that happen to that particular team fairly frequently in the past few years. I want it to end.
and we all know the coach and GM of that particular team comes to this forum looking for fan input, right? :rotf:

just in the chance they don't, which is possible, there very busy, I was wondering if anyone knows that guy that paints Packers slogans on his fence, and if he'd paint "Barry has to go, Barry has to go" in 3 foot lettering so as to make sure Matt see's it on his way to Lambeau every morning :lol: I'd gladly buy the paint :aok:

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2024 06:53
I am very excited about the future.

But I also think what happened Saturday night was donkey d*ck as we once again lost a playoff game we should have won.

1998, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2020, 2021, 2023

That's a long freaking list. It's getting old watching the game KNOWING we are gonna Packer it up (whether the fault of the Packers or refs, etc.) and once again being proven right.

Fans were tight/nervous when we were up 48 to 16 for a reason. Because we are so traumatized that even a 32 point lead with 10 minutes to go isn't enough - especially as we watched Dallas get into the 30's. This is our reality.
My nervousness had nothing to do with it being the Packers. I have seen too many games over the many years I have watched football that seemed won be lost in the last quarter (even played in one where 24 points were scored in the last 6 minutes). When MLF put so many backups in and the momentum changed it had the feel of a choke job coming on. Thank goodness he put the starters back in and it never got any worse.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Had we been up 32 on SF with 6 minutes to go, I would not have been nervous. But I was nervous against Dallas. Dallas can score quickly better than SF can. In fact, they are probably the best in the league at scoring quickly.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Now that the elation of 4 wins in a row plus the unexplainable 4th quarter breakdown / loss to the 49ers on Saturday ............. regardless of how great Jordan Love has looked since the Panthers game BLAH BLAH BLAH.

The harsh reality is LaCoach is still guilty of not properly grooming Jordan Love in advance of this past season. Plus ...... LaCoach's play calling in the heat of the moments against the 49ers (not just the last minute) continue to irk the irkable :argue: LaCoach is a clutch threat. Don't trust him to call the right plays in the heats of the moments in playoff games.

In summary.......there is still time to clean house. IT IS TIME !!! Fire the entire coaching staff including LaCoach .............. and start over with a clean slate. LaCoach is responsible for everything that happened starting with the first preseason game with Cincinnati on August 11th to the last playoff game with the 49ers on January 20th. LaCoach is also responsible for everything that happened when Aaron Rodgers was the Packers QB.

Clean Clean Clean Clean Clean ............. and if you don't understand that, then you can clean some more.

GO PACK GO!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:43
there is still time to clean house. IT IS TIME !!! Fire the entire coaching staff including LaCoach ..............
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Preach Ringo!

FIRE THEM ALL!!!!

I too believe LaCoach should go from "oh maybe he should have been Coach of the year" to fired in a 15 minute period.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

right fire everyone except Joe Barry, hell he never did anything :lol:

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

MLF has not called great games in the past, but he took it to the 49ers this time. Only dumb play was the rushed 4th and 1 sneak.

MLF was not in control of:

No PI call when Doubs got hit early in the end zone on the first drive (the ole Seahawks strategy of committing PI so many times the refs stop calling it)

Savage and Nixon dropped ints in SF red zone

Carlson miss 41 yard fg

Love failing to throw a 5 yard pass to an open Tucker Kraft which resulted in an int

Love failing to throw a 3 yard pass to an open Aaron Jones which may have won the game.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Let's be real here. Love doesn't throw that INT at the end of the 3rd quarter, and this is a completely different ball game. We had all the momentum and would have punted and pinned them inside the 15 and gotten great field position again after we forced a punt. I believed we had to play close to perfect to win that game. We were fortunate to be up 7 after some errors in the first half. The moment we threw that INT, I said to my friends, "we just lost the game".

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lake shark wrote:
22 Jan 2024 13:14
MLF has not called great games in the past, but he took it to the 49ers this time. Only dumb play was the rushed 4th and 1 sneak.

No PI call when Doubs got hit early in the end zone on the first drive (the ole Seahawks strategy of committing PI so many times the refs stop calling it)

Carlson miss 41 yard fg

Love failing to throw a 5 yard pass to an open Tucker Kraft which resulted in an int

Love failing to throw a 3 yard pass to an open Aaron Jones which may have won the game.
Not to mention that the refs screwed us on the spot after the dumb 4th and 1 sneak.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2024 13:16
lake shark wrote:
22 Jan 2024 13:14

Carlson miss 41 yard fg

Not to mention that the refs screwed us on the spot after the dumb 4th and 1 sneak.
And the 3rd down play preceding that. It should have been 4th and a foot.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:43
Now that the elation of 4 wins in a row plus the unexplainable 4th quarter breakdown / loss to the 49ers on Saturday ............. regardless of how great Jordan Love has looked since the Panthers game BLAH BLAH BLAH.

The harsh reality is LaCoach is still guilty of not properly grooming Jordan Love in advance of this past season. Plus ...... LaCoach's play calling in the heat of the moments against the 49ers (not just the last minute) continue to irk the irkable :argue: LaCoach is a clutch threat. Don't trust him to call the right plays in the heats of the moments in playoff games.

In summary.......there is still time to clean house. IT IS TIME !!! Fire the entire coaching staff including LaCoach .............. and start over with a clean slate. LaCoach is responsible for everything that happened starting with the first preseason game with Cincinnati on August 11th to the last playoff game with the 49ers on January 20th. LaCoach is also responsible for everything that happened when Aaron Rodgers was the Packers QB.

Clean Clean Clean Clean Clean ............. and if you don't understand that, then you can clean some more.

GO PACK GO!
why go this far and leave Gutey. Probably dissolve the executive board, bulldoze lambeau field...mabey just nuke GB off the map entirely while you're at it?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2024 08:23
APB wrote:

I know every team loses more than wins.

But I do believe the Packers have the most heartbreaking losses over any other team. Especially the last 20 years.
I can think of one that was as heart-breaking as this one, when we lost in Seattle after we didn't recover an onside kick.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!