Divisional Round Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

There’s aggressive and then there’s stupid.

Campbell saw his team was struggling in the big moment and just kept piling on. Taking the FGs would have stemmed the momentum and given his team a mental break. As it turned out, those FGs would have likely been the difference.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Welcome to the winning teams club Lions.

You will find it brings just as much pain, if not more, than being in the sucky teams club.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:47

Campbell saw his team was struggling in the big moment and just kept piling on. Taking the FGs would have stemmed the momentum and given his team a mental break. As it turned out, those FGs would have likely been the difference.
Yup. Points are a preimum in the postseason. Just take the points. Always take the points.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Chiefs-Niners SuperBowl..... barf.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Purdy has got to have a horseshoe strung with rabbit’s feet up his arse. Dude throws so many interceptable balls and gets away with it so much.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:50
APB wrote:

Yup. Points are a preimum in the postseason. Just take the points. Always take the points.
Your assuming your FG kicker actually makes it. Even then an argument can be made the other way. Doesn't really matter now anyway.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:46
Cdragon wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:41
Drj820 wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:38

Goffs been good
Good enough.
In the 2nd half he has been bad. He missed a TD last drive first half.
One pass is all you can think of?

He had a 4th down conversion dropped on a good pass, he hit Jameson Williams in the hands for a deep ball td drop, and reynolds dropped a big third down that would have moved the chains.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

MY_TAKE wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:53
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

Your assuming your FG kicker actually makes it. Even then an argument can be made the other way. Doesn't really matter now anyway.
Yes I am. Not every team has a Carlson kicking for them. The FG attempt was the right call.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:55
MY_TAKE wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Yes I am. Not every team has a Carlson kicking for them. The FG attempt was the right call.
Points break up the momentum before it becomes a tidal wave.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Cdragon wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:58
APB wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:55
MY_TAKE wrote:

You’re assuming your FG kicker actually makes it. Even then an argument can be made the other way. Doesn't really matter now anyway.
Points break up the momentum before it becomes a tidal wave.
Exactly. :aok:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Get points on the board and go up 17 mid 3rd and the lions win. Period.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

FGs are almost automatic nowadays inside 50 yards. Most teams are not stupid enough to have a kicker that can’t make from inside there.

The Lions left 6 points off the board by going for inadvisable 4th downs.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I hereby am calling for the immediate arrest of dummy Dan Campbell for robbing the lions of a Super Bowl appearance, allowing the niners to get to the Super Bowl, robbing the nation of Eminem vs Taylor Swift, and general dumbassery

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Jan 2024 21:08
FGs are almost automatic nowadays inside 50 yards.
LOL. It depends.

Every situation is different. I missed some of the game. Distance on 4th, field position. I will disagree with all to a certain point. I did miss the FG deal however. Was getting ready for work.

Maybe in this game it was the right call, but no $%@# way is it all the same.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I love it when no one cooperates properly.

First I wanted the Packers to beat the Niners.
Second I wanted the Ravens to beat the Chiefs.
Third I wanted the Lions to beat the Niners.

Now I want the Chiefs to beat the Niners.

:bkw:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:54
wallyuwl wrote:
28 Jan 2024 20:46
In the 2nd half he has been bad. He missed a TD last drive first half.
One pass is all you can think of?
Your reading comprehension needs improvement.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
28 Jan 2024 21:31
I love it when no one cooperates properly.

First I wanted the Packers to beat the Niners.
Second I wanted the Ravens to beat the Chiefs.
Third I wanted the Lions to beat the Niners.

Now I want the Chiefs to beat the Niners.

:bkw:
Maybe just "want" the opposite. Reverse psychology on yourself. :lol:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Pretty much every game for the past 2 weeks has gone the opposite way that I've wanted, except for Detroit-TB.

I did not want either the Chiefs or the Niners, and coming into today I didn't know what I would do if it were that matchup. But after watching both games and listening to my gut, I hated the Niners far more than I hated the Chiefs today, so let's go Mahomes!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

texas wrote:
29 Jan 2024 00:48
Pretty much every game for the past 2 weeks has gone the opposite way that I've wanted, except for Detroit-TB.

I did not want either the Chiefs or the Niners, and coming into today I didn't know what I would do if it were that matchup. But after watching both games and listening to my gut, I hated the Niners far more than I hated the Chiefs today, so let's go Mahomes!
Yep. Let's go Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Andy Reid, Chris Jones, Harrison Butker the Kicker ................. and freakin' effen Taylor Swift. Now go out and put on your Super Bowl game face ............. hit the pharmacy cosmetic sections and pick yourself up some red Taylor Swift lipschtick. :woohoo:

Here's one before Taylor:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

APB wrote:

Yep. As a head coach, you’re not supposed to get in the way. I don’t care if that’s his style. You have a 90% chance to make it a 17 point game again which completely changes the dynamics and momentum. And that 2nd decision was just plain old stupid.

Back to mediocrity, Lions.