Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

wallyuwl wrote:
07 Feb 2024 21:28
Papa John wrote:
07 Feb 2024 17:12
BF004 wrote:
07 Feb 2024 14:55

Sucks; absolutely awful. Ive thrown my out probably a dozen times, bad ones legit got like 2 days on bed rest and can’t even stand up straight. Can just feel it every single breath with no reprieve.

I am always super careful picking anything up ever. I go the chiro once a month now, been in a real nice routine since starting to do that like the last 5-6 years. Nothing beyond just the casual annoyance now that I can usually muscle through on. Nothing that impacts my daily life in a long time.
See, this is my fear. I just don't want it to be a long term, recurring issue. It all started with a weight lifting injury. Like you, I've been visiting chiropractors regularly for almost a decade. Glad it hasn't been an issue for you in awhile.
Where do you live? Have gotten x-ray,
I've not asked for x-rays yet. But this morning, just minutes after my last post claiming it was manageable, I got in the shower and was in agony as BF004 described. Feeling better now, but damn this is getting old.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Kobe Bryant day, yesterday. This is still one of the most badass random moments in sports.

Read More. Post Less.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

NCF wrote:
09 Feb 2024 11:36
Kobe Bryant day, yesterday. This is still one of the most badass random moments in sports.

Jordan > Kobe > Lebron
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Papa John wrote:
12 Feb 2024 15:53
NCF wrote:
09 Feb 2024 11:36

Jordan > Kobe > Lebron
Concur, albeit the gap between Jordan and Kobe is much smaller than the gap between Kobe and Lebron.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Papa John wrote: 4-6 hours of sleep a night is a nightmare, APB.
I do get a little catch-up most days with an afternoon nap. An hour or so makes me right as rain.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Let’s hear it, experts…

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
14 Feb 2024 15:27
Let’s hear it, experts…

Is the premise just air pods, or wireless headphones in general?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Who wouldn't be freaked out by this?

:lol: :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

An interesting conversation coming from an unlikely source. More cerebral than I anticipated. Shame on me for making the assumption.

Click on the Twitter feed to read it in its entirety.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Tipping can be helpful for small mom 'n pop businesses, paying employees is expensive.

It only works though if the business regularly gets lots of customers and said customers all understand and respect the social convention, otherwise that employee is working for poverty wages.

Most employees prefer a flat rate, it takes the stress out of their work.

Tipping really needs to be phased out, probably not banned willy-nilly but over time.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

How did it get to 20% as the norm...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Feb 2024 17:00
How did it get to 20% as the norm...
20% is the lowest of options presented on many digital billing systems here in VA. It defaults at 25% and gives you option of 20%, 25%, 30%, or “other”. Hell, even some of the drive-thru places default to a tip page when you’re presented with their payment platform.

I don’t mind tipping when I go to a sit-down, server type establishment but it’s gotten so widespread I now half expect it when at Walmart checking out.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
21 Feb 2024 16:36
Tipping really needs to be phased out, probably not banned willy-nilly but over time.
Call it what it is. It's a pass-through service charge. There should not be a minimum wage exception for employees who receive tips. They found the loophole and broke that system. Earn a fair wage and get back to discretionary tipping where we actually reward exceptional service. The tip begging is disgusting and I admit to choosing Other almost 100% of the time and tipping 15%. I have also not been afraid to tip less for overly expensive meals where the wait staff really didn't earn a tip that large and also have not been afraid to add a big fat $0 when the wait staff sucked.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we are finally realizing that we under pay or have been for many years the services fields in this country, namely restaurant waitresses, I think it was to keep meal cost low, ( and more molla in owners pocket) and that tips would balance it out, it never really did, usually the table tips are shared amongst all staff, meaning the cook that makes 60k a year gets the same proportion as the 30K annual waitress, or 2nd level managers making half of what the store manager make, however doing most of the work the manager is suppose to do.

this is just one field where wages have always been mis proportioned and very low, and tips are the defense for it, I've a daughter thats worked in the food industry most her life, unless your a cook, a top manager, or a owner, ya need to invest in Vaseline, and expect to get bent over, thankfully my Daughter finally went into another profession

the most likely reason ya don't see tipping is because the wages are better, we use tipping as a supplement to lower wages, does it help small biz? I don't think so, mostly it helps the consumer, look how people freak out with minimum wage increase, the complaint is corporate, or business would just pass that increase to the consumer, in essense the consumer screws himself, and biz gets away bending over the consumer, the worker, and no one gets any Vaseline :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
22 Feb 2024 12:34
the complaint is corporate, or business would just pass that increase to the consumer, in essense the consumer screws himself, and biz gets away bending over the consumer, the worker, and no one gets any Vaseline
The thing is, these places are already passing that cost on to us... and blaming their employees for it. Honestly, now would probably be the time to open a restaurant, pay your workers well, and not allow the staff to accept tips. I think a lot of people would go out of their way to go to a place like that right now. It's become another pretty divisive issue.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
22 Feb 2024 12:17
There should not be a minimum wage
Should have just ended the sentence there. :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
22 Feb 2024 13:02
NCF wrote:
So you want more tipping!!??
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Feb 2024 13:05
BF004 wrote:
NCF wrote:
Who would make less if there was no minimum wage?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
22 Feb 2024 13:13
Pckfn23 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I'm just pointing out how what you are saying is exactly why tipping is the way it is now in the food service industry.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Feb 2024 13:17
BF004 wrote:
22 Feb 2024 13:13
Pckfn23 wrote:

I'm just pointing out how what you are saying is exactly why tipping is the way it is now in the food service industry.
Well what laws changed in like the last ~5 years that lead to the tipping norms changing in recent years?