Super Bowl LVIII

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who

Chiefs
35%
49ers
6%
Packers could beat both
29%
Fire LaCoach
6%
We got this next year
24%

Total votes: 17

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Raptorman wrote:
12 Feb 2024 13:32
Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2024 13:06
So clearly weapons is not the difference between Mahomes and Rodgers's success.

What is... is Mahomes stays focused, spreads the ball around (even to lesser WRs), keeps moving down the field methodically rather than passing on the gimmes to chase the big play, and eliminates drive-killing negative plays (and does not get himself injured taking needless sacks).
Nope. The defense is. But don't look at that. Given the same team other than the QB, I'd take Rodgers in his prime over Mahomes any day of the week.
Actually, we did "look at" defense (on the numerous occasions you harped on this point) and we concluded that this explanation is inaccurate, owing to it being too simplistic.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

KC Mahomes win Championships, Rodgers and the Packers win MVP's, if not for Rodgers we are freaking Detroit, or Chicago, our Gm's spend everything to build a bottom 3rd of the league defense for 10 years don't use a high pick on a receiver for as long and the QB is the reason we can't win PO games.

wrong about Ayuik, big deal. not wrong about the rest

once every decade a dominating defense is so good no offense can over come it, normally a top 5 to 10 defense that season coupled with excellent offense wins the owl
Last edited by Yoop on 12 Feb 2024 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah the whole "if only the defense did for Rodgers what they did for Mahommes in 2022 and 2023" and completely overlooking 2013, 2014 and 2021 is ridiculous.

Like those were those years. Those were the years that Brady and Mahommes win it and everyone is like "it was their defense!" and when Rodgers got his shot...he lost.

Obviously multiple reasons beyond QB why he lost but he lost nonetheless when the other two found a way to do just enough.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2024 13:44
KC Mahomes win Championships, Rodgers and the Packers win MVP's, if not for Rodgers we are freaking Detroit, or Chicago, our Gm's spend everything to build a bottom 3rd of the league defense for 10 years don't use a high pick on a receiver for as long and the QB is the reason we can't win PO games.

wrong about Ayuik, big deal. not wrong about the rest

once every decade a dominating defense is so good no offense can over come it, normally a top 5 to 10 defense that season coupled with excellent offense wins the owl
Now I'm intruiged.

So what exactly makes Mecole Hardman an obvious upgrade over Allen Lazard? I know you said we can't "look at stats" but I think it's good to look at them as a reference point anyways.

Mecole Hardman
image.png
image.png (27.8 KiB) Viewed 401 times
Allen Lazard
image.png
image.png (18.46 KiB) Viewed 399 times
Last edited by go pak go on 12 Feb 2024 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Feb 2024 13:45
Yeah the whole "if only the defense did for Rodgers what they did for Mahommes in 2022 and 2023" and completely overlooking 2013, 2014 and 2021 is ridiculous.

Like those were those years. Those were the years that Brady and Mahommes win it and everyone is like "it was their defense!" and when Rodgers got his shot...he lost.

Obviously multiple reasons beyond QB why he lost but he lost nonetheless when the other two found a way to do just enough.
never hear anyone with a informed opinion say that, never heard me say it, even though we didn't have great defense and certainly not ST's, our offense lacked firepower, or our coach didn't use the players right, Rodger s always did enough to win those games

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2024 10:06
German_Panzer wrote:
12 Feb 2024 09:51
For me prime Rodgers still beats Mahomes by magnitudes.
In terms of talent, amazing plays, amazing games, even amazing seasons, yeah, for sure.

But 12 got too addicted to chasing big plays, to a point where he couldn't win games without them. When going up against defenses like SF's that do not give you those plays, you need to be able to just keep the ball moving forward, eliminate negative plays, find ways to win that do not look pretty.

The ability of Mahomes and Brady before him to do that is a big part (not the only part, but a very big one) of the reason why they both finished ahead of Rodgers.
Though, to give Aaron some slack, if he had a decent defense not only in 2010 we might talk about a guy chasing Brady‘s rings. That was his fate here despite all his personal shortcomings, that is that he never had a good defense over an extended period of his career. And of course then there was $%&#. :bkw:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Feb 2024 13:49
So what exactly makes Mecole Hardman an obvious upgrade over Allen Lazard? I know you said we can't "look at stats" but I think it's good to look at them as a reference point anyways.
OK, Hardman might be a poor example, :thwap: course I've never seen Hardman trip over his own feet for no good reason the way Allen does/did, and Hardman suits up and plays, Lazard sat out a few games this year with nary a bruise.

It was insane not to add a receiver when Jordy was hurt, and Cobb had obviously lost a step, and I'am not talking about mid round very raw guys like Brown, MVS, or that other that didn't amount to much, we had a Rolls Royce QB and fed him unleaded :thwap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2024 13:59
go pak go wrote:
OK, Hardman might be a poor example, :thwap: course I've never seen Hardman trip over his own feet for no good reason the way Allen does/did, and Hardman suits up and plays, Lazard sat out a few games this year with nary a bruise.

It was insane not to add a receiver when Jordy was hurt, and Cobb had obviously lost a step, and I'am not talking about mid round very raw guys like Brown, MVS, or that other that didn't amount to much, we had a Rolls Royce QB and fed him unleaded :thwap:
Do yourself a favor and just stop yoop. :lol:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

German_Panzer wrote:
12 Feb 2024 13:50
Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2024 10:06
German_Panzer wrote:
12 Feb 2024 09:51
For me prime Rodgers still beats Mahomes by magnitudes.
In terms of talent, amazing plays, amazing games, even amazing seasons, yeah, for sure.

But 12 got too addicted to chasing big plays, to a point where he couldn't win games without them. When going up against defenses like SF's that do not give you those plays, you need to be able to just keep the ball moving forward, eliminate negative plays, find ways to win that do not look pretty.

The ability of Mahomes and Brady before him to do that is a big part (not the only part, but a very big one) of the reason why they both finished ahead of Rodgers.
Though, to give Aaron some slack, if he had a decent defense not only in 2010 we might talk about a guy chasing Brady‘s rings. That was his fate here despite all his personal shortcomings, that is that he never had a good defense over an extended period of his career. And of course then there was $%&#. :bkw:
I just can't figure out why fans defend the BS that went on here and blame Rodgers because he couldn't make them any better then he did, no one who left here did better elsewhere, actually they did worse, not just receivers, every one.

bottom 1/3 defense in every category almost every season, and always against the run, ST's units we all kept our fingers crossed hoping they wouldn't just up and give the game away, a coach who openly admitted all he wanted from his RB's was just to keep a defense honest, it's so easy to just blame Rodgers, I don't even like the guy and know that BS :thwap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Feb 2024 14:07
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

good idea, stop when your ahead :rotf:

we went 8 freaking drafts shoring up a defense that never amounted to top 10 once, while doing so didn't bring in a receiver a DC had to scheme to stop, I would have complained the same, and will do so if this &%$@ repeats itself with Love,.

I havn't liked Rodgers the person in the last 8 years, but I'am not so foolish to sit here and defend how our GM's dealt with the WR position, or that the lack of quality at the position didn't affect the outcome of lost PO games in recent past :thwap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2024 14:23
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

good idea, stop when your ahead :rotf:
image.png
image.png (26.1 KiB) Viewed 374 times
I quite literally don't know how they could have done any better on an in season replacement with a player getting hurt in August.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2024 14:15
I just can't figure out why
You can't figure it out because you have "grass is greener"-mentality. There is no meaningful difference between the last two KC WR corps. (with which they won two SBs) and the GB WR corps., you just think the KC WRs are better because you saw them play well that one time.

That's why you pooh-pooh guys who played for us and then turn around and go gaga for players that are as-bad or worse, as you did in this thread.

Your opinion is based on impression (i.e. what "feels like" good WR play), not on fact, so you do not understand those of us operating on fact.
—Magneto

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Do us all a favor and stop feeding Yoop. :)

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I thought for sure we were going to be able to trade for Antonio Brown for a 7th round pick after Jordy Nelson got hurt. Can't believe we didn't pull that off.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
12 Feb 2024 14:58
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

ya don't want people talking to me, or concerning this topic, or actually any other thing, bring something else to talk about.

I find it interesting that people in this forum blame the best player we've had the last decade, and defend all the jags that have waltzed through our WR position for most of it

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2024 15:48
Half Empty wrote:
go pak go wrote:

ya don't want people talking to me, or concerning this topic, or actually any other thing, bring something else to talk about.

I find it interesting that people in this forum blame the best player we've had the last decade, and defend all the jags that have waltzed through our WR position for most of it
Waltzing:

Jordy Nelson (10 Years)
Greg Jennings (5 Years)
Donald Driver (5 Years)
James Jones (7 Years)
Jermichael Finley (6 Years)
Davante Adams (8 Years)
Randall Cobb (9 Years)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
12 Feb 2024 15:54
Yoop wrote:
Half Empty wrote:

Waltzing:

Jordy Nelson (10 Years)
Greg Jennings (5 Years)
Donald Driver (5 Years)
James Jones (7 Years)
Jermichael Finley (6 Years)
Davante Adams (8 Years)
Randall Cobb (9 Years)
Yeah but if you ignore/do not include the great players...we then had ZERO great players in that time frame.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
This isn’t true. Just when you say we never had anyone as good as MVS, Mecole Hardman, Rashee and a player from another team. That simply has to be called out at bat &%$@ crazy. Given we had one of those players, one of them couldn’t make the roster over two of our other guys, and we had the best WR in football at that time.

Calling that take garbage does not mean we were content with how we handled our WR this during our last few runs with Rodgers.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Wild stat....
—Magneto

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2024 16:13
Wild stat....
That '69 Jets defense doesn't get enough credit IMO. Namath gets all of the glory because of his guarantee, but that defense won the game for them (and Namath admits that).
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells