NFL Power Rankings

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

NFL Power Rankings

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Hot off the ESPN press after the Chiefs Super Bowl win.

Ravens are #1. Packers are #10.

Ahead of the Packers in the NFC are the 49ers, Lions, Eagles and Cowboys.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
11 Feb 2024 22:29
Hot off the ESPN press after the Chiefs Super Bowl win.

Ravens are #1. Packers are #10.

Ahead of the Packers in the NFC are the 49ers, Lions, Eagles and Cowboys.
Eagles? :lol: Cowboys will step back. I like MM a lot and want him to do well, but he is in last year of contract and beingva lame duck never goes well (still likely win division at 10-7). Lions, Packers, 49ers will be class of NFC.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

My opinion we are 2nd to the 49ers. Lynch has completely outmaneuvered Gutenbumst every step of the way so far. Time to see if Gutenbumst can take a page out of Lynch’s book and start stealing other teams bargain players during the arms race style of trade deadlines the NFL is currently in.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

wallyuwl wrote:
11 Feb 2024 22:44
Lions, Packers, 49ers will be class of NFC.
I can get on board with this take. Out of them 3, clearly it seems to me the Packers have the most upside potential with youth maturing.

Also I think the Niners run defense has been exposed some by the Packers and Lions. The niners squeaked by Lions and Packers. I would Love to see the niners in the championship game next year and give them a beating.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

MY_TAKE wrote:
12 Feb 2024 18:54
wallyuwl wrote:
I can get on board with this take. Out of them 3, clearly it seems to me the Packers have the most upside potential with youth maturing.

Also I think the Niners run defense has been exposed some by the Packers and Lions. The niners squeaked by Lions and Packers. I would Love to see the niners in the championship game next year and give them a beating.
One thing at a time. We've got the Dolphins, Niners and Lions coming to Lambeau next season. Beat 'em all first. And get a better playoff seeding while they're at it. Oh .......... I hope the Vikings and Bears still suck :aok:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
12 Feb 2024 19:45
MY_TAKE wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

One thing at a time. We've got the Dolphins, Niners and Lions coming to Lambeau next season. Beat 'em all first. And get a better playoff seeding while they're at it. Oh .......... I hope the Vikings and Bears still suck :aok:
Not worried about the Vikings. Bears will be a problem in 2-3 seasons but the Packers will have the advantage. It would be nice to have a first round bye of course, and not have to play in SF's stadium.

The packers should be ranked #1 or #2 in the NFC and no lower than #4 in the league. Seeing the Cowboys ranked higher is laughable.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Meaningless but ranking the boys so far above us is ridiculous.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Feb 2024 23:15
My opinion we are 2nd to the 49ers. Lynch has completely outmaneuvered Gutenbumst every step of the way so far. Time to see if Gutenbumst can take a page out of Lynch’s book and start stealing other teams bargain players during the arms race style of trade deadlines the NFL is currently in.
49ers are pretty ripe for imploding. If you take a look at their last 3 draft classes, they are in for a world of hurt in the near future. Probably lose Aiyuk and Chase Young this year. Greenlaw out half the year. I would not count on them winning that division next year.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF wrote:
14 Feb 2024 10:30
49ers are pretty ripe for imploding. If you take a look at their last 3 draft classes, they are in for a world of hurt in the near future. Probably lose Aiyuk and Chase Young this year. Greenlaw out half the year. I would not count on them winning that division next year.
Rams are coming on again

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

TheSkeptic wrote:
14 Feb 2024 03:35
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
MY_TAKE wrote:

Not worried about the Vikings. Bears will be a problem in 2-3 seasons but the Packers will have the advantage. It would be nice to have a first round bye of course, and not have to play in SF's stadium.

The packers should be ranked #1 or #2 in the NFC and no lower than #4 in the league. Seeing the Cowboys ranked higher is laughable.
When was the last time they had a bye and did anything with it?

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Half Empty wrote:
14 Feb 2024 14:15
TheSkeptic wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Our old QB would often play his poorest games in the playoffs. Our new QB may be different. Up until that last pass in the 49ers game it was looking like Love elevated his play in the playoffs.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

AmishMafia wrote:
16 Feb 2024 08:50
Half Empty wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Our old QB would often play his poorest games in the playoffs. Our new QB may be different. Up until that last pass in the 49ers game it was looking like Love elevated his play in the playoffs.
Agreed. This is a new team. Plus, our old QB could not handle the cold weather. There is no guarantee that the weather won't be in the upper 20's with light wind and no precipitation next January. That is a major advantage over a California or Texas or Philly team used to 15 degrees warmer

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

At this point, the Packers are a lot like the Lions were at this point last season.

Lions didn't make the playoffs, but their trajectory was clearly pointing upward.

Packers did make the playoffs this year and even won a game. Should've won a second. Still, the trajectory for the Packers has to be upward. As much as they ended up realizing this year in potential, they need to learn consistency, and even improve some things.

Niners are a proven quantity. But don't they lose some star power this off season to FA? I still think they are the top team in the NFC until proven otherwise.

Boys and Eagles could go either direction. No telling for sure.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

AmishMafia wrote:
Half Empty wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

I agree with you, except it was the last quarter that he stepped back. Wasn't just the last pass. Maybe the play calling changed. Who knows? But Love needs to be able to keep the pedal to the metal all game long. And he didn't.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
18 Feb 2024 10:18
AmishMafia wrote:
Half Empty wrote:

I agree with you, except it was the last quarter that he stepped back. Wasn't just the last pass. Maybe the play calling changed. Who knows? But Love needs to be able to keep the pedal to the metal all game long. And he didn't.
I agree completely with your last two sentences but I would extend those statements to the entire team. The young Packers, as a whole, need to learn how to close out an opponent and secure the win with consistency.

Take the KC-GB game from earlier in the year. The offense scored late to keep the pressure on and the defense made stops when the game was on the line. Yeah, yeah, but muh should have been a penalty called on GB defense. Whatever. The point is, it was a team effort to clinch the win. That's what they need to do more consistently.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

The first time in highest pressure situation the young O failed. But the D burning 5 of 6 minutes left, cranks that pressure on a young O to the max. The D can't burn all the clock and fail. That's a recurring failure. We've seen enough of that during the Rodgers era. Take shots and get off the field leaving enough time for the O to work. Chiefs D gave Mahomes a guy who has done it in his sleep, 2 minutes to tie or win the game. Our young O needed at least that and probably a little more.