Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack wrote:
23 Feb 2024 16:36
How does dead money does Bahk apply to the cap this year if he is gone? I think that's probably enough reason that the Pack keeps him no mater what. Unless they are willing to just eat that much. At least it's better than the junk in New Orleans.
If it saves 10 cents, he should be gone

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Feb 2024 17:27

Gutey's $95 autograph on eBay isn't selling.
:idn:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bakh is a jacka**

He said we were rebuilding.

He’s done nothing to help us win while taking tens of millions

He likes to ride golf carts and get drunk on podcasts more than he likes to rehab his knee with physical therapy.

Even if he claims he’s healthy now, we have replaced him with someone quality and much cheaper.

Bakh should be traded to the Pyongyang Ponies and be seen as an example on why when you are stealing money, you should at least remain quiet.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Feb 2024 21:18
Bakh is a jacka**

He’s done nothing to help us win while taking tens of millions

He likes to ride golf carts and get drunk on podcasts more than he likes to rehab his knee with physical therapy.

Even if he claims he’s healthy now, we have replaced him with someone quality and much cheaper.

Bakh should be traded to the Pyongyang Ponies and be seen as an example on why when you are stealing money, you should at least remain quiet.
We WERE rebuilding. Didn't you watch and if the disjointed games in the beginning 2/3 of the season? We had the youngest team in the league and a QB making his 2nd or 3rd start (can't remember if it was 2 or 3). No TE's that were not rookies. All of the WR's were either rookies or 2nd year players. Both OT's were 2nd year players. 2nd year players at ILB and DE, a late round pick rookie at starting CB, a late round pick rookie at safety and a slot corner who making his first starts. If that is not the definition of a rebuild, what is?

You don't know how dedicated he was to physical therapy. For all we know, he overdid it. And let me tell you, it hurts, so if he chooses to play golf and limit the walking, maybe it is because the doctors told him to limit walking? As for getting drunk, your accusation is the first I have heard of it - how do you know?

Personally I think that Bakh is not the one who should remain quiet.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I don't know why fans take it so personally. I don't know what else would cause such a reaction to players other than to feel a personal slight of some sort. His injury sucks, for him, for us, for the team. it sucks even more because he just got paid as the top tackle in the league he was. He tried coming back twice from this injury and both times still looked like the dominant LT he was even without practice. The knee didn't hold up. I've never seen anything from him to suggest he's a drunk, not a team player, or doesn't take football seriously. In fact everything i've seen from him over the years suggest the exact opposite. Starting from his 4th round draft status to All pro LT, everything about him has shown he works, he's good, and he's dedicated. So he chugged a beer. Big deal.

He's been about as honest and open about it as any player needs to be. Considering recent history and the cap hits he likely won't be a Packer much longer. Kind of bums me out to loose a player like that to a crazy injury. I don't know why others have to turn on our players so much.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

musclestang wrote:
26 Feb 2024 05:51
I don't know why fans take it so personally. I don't know what else would cause such a reaction to players other than to feel a personal slight of some sort.
Pretty sure he’s just doing it for reactions like this at this point.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
26 Feb 2024 06:44
musclestang wrote:
26 Feb 2024 05:51
I don't know why fans take it so personally. I don't know what else would cause such a reaction to players other than to feel a personal slight of some sort.
Pretty sure he’s just doing it for reactions like this at this point.
Yep.

I considered responding but thought better. It's nothing more than irrational rantings from a somehow jilted ex-fan. There's an emotional component I just don't understand, similar to an ex-girlfriend level attachment. Weird. :idn:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

TheSkeptic wrote:
26 Feb 2024 03:55
Drj820 wrote:
25 Feb 2024 21:18
Bakh is a jacka**

We WERE rebuilding. Didn't you watch and if the disjointed games in the beginning 2/3 of the season? We had the youngest team in the league and a QB making his 2nd or 3rd start (can't remember if it was 2 or 3).
It is not saying we were "rebuilding" that is the problem, it is the resulting competitiveness that he said we can expect of the team (or the lack thereof, more accurately) that was shameful about it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Bahk sucks ( screws off with Rodgers) , Rodgers sucks, ( screws off with Bakhtiari and tons of other reason) Cullen Jenkins sucks, (wouldn't take a low ball contract) Josh Sitton, (he too thought he was worth more then offered) ,I could probably do this till we hear crows fart :lol:

Hear I thought I was the only one who was personally to connected to these players :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

hey, some of you can like guys that are highly paid, that dont help on sundays, that talk on podcasts about how the team is rebuilding as he tries to show hes still loyal to the old qb....i do not like that myself.

its not personal
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I think a lot of people really don’t like it when someone’s media/social media volume and presence increases while that player isn’t available and contributing.

Even though rationally, someone who is doing rehab and not focusing on the day to day week to week of game planning and film review would have more time on their hands and more availability to do interviews or to post random things on the internet, it rubs some people the wrong way.

That’s why i think Bakh and Jaire got more animosity than sympathy for their injuries. That and their very large compensation.

I personally was ready to move on from Bakhtiari this offseason because of his large price tag and my belief that we had found his replacement in Tom on a rookie contract combined with the general sense—my own opinion and perception, not facts—that he was looking to leave like his buddy rather than play through a rebuild. It seemed like Win win for tan and player to move on.

Didn’t happen, and probably because he wasn’t healthy enough to be traded, in retrospect.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Big Ken gets it.

Maybe if we had no options, but the step down from Bak to Walker is not worth replacing literally the lowest paid LT in the league with the highest.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

just for clarity, I don't think it makes sense to keep Bakhtiari anymore. But I guess if they deem him healthy and decide to keep him and he plays the season I won't really think it's the dumbest decision in the world either. He is better than Walker, by quite a bit however when he plays.

and it's been a while since that podcast, and I don't remember him saying this team was going to suck. He basically said, lots of new, lots of unknowns, heck we could even suck. and we did for half the season.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

$6.2Million of Gary's roster bonus turned into signing bonus spread through 2027. Saves $4.78 Million in 2024 cap.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Gary restructured opening up almost 5 mil

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The previous three Rashan Gary restructure messages were posted within 3 minutes of each other. You boys are ON IT!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

To all of you insisting Bakh has to go:

Assuming Bakhtiari is back healthy, does retaining him make the team better? Is he an upgrade, talent and performance wise?

I just wanna get some receipts for later next season when fans are complaining about Gute not making a move to make the roster better... :mrgreen:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
27 Feb 2024 06:52

Assuming Bakhtiari is back healthy, does retaining him make the team better? Is he an upgrade, talent and performance wise?

I just wanna get some receipts for later next season when fans are complaining about Gute not making a move to make the roster better... :mrgreen:
20 mil better? no. Walker finished better then he started as a 2nd year 7th round player, pretty safe to say he hasn't reached his ceiling and will continue to improve, we could also flop our tackles, most fans thought a year ago that Toms would end up at LT.

also this draft is heap full of top 40 tackle prospects, at 25 a blue chip is available, or we could get a good groomer in round 2 or 3.

point is with all that why would we keep Bakhtiari, it makes no sense at all to even risk it, that knee has been cleared to play twice and didn't hold up, it seems like a pipe dream to expect it to this time.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
27 Feb 2024 06:52

That’s just not a viable question. The assumption of health makes no sense given the realities. You can never again assume his health. He has a fully busted knee that has appeared to be healthy on multiple occasions before getting worse and requiring maintenance.

We might as well assume Reggie White is still alive or Nick Collins is again in his healthy prime. Bakhtiari does not have two healthy knees.