What Are You Watching?

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
05 May 2023 16:19
BF004 wrote:
05 May 2023 13:35
I never quite finished it, got pretty dumb like season 4+, not even sure how many there are.

But I liked it a lot in the beginning.
Same. It was really good season 1. A little less season 2. I don't even remember if I made it through season 3. Watched it like six years ago.
Arrow is similar to that, season 1 is simply amazing, season 2 ok, then it gets dumber and dumber, not sure I ever finished.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
06 May 2023 07:07
wallyuwl wrote:
05 May 2023 16:19
BF004 wrote:
05 May 2023 13:35
I never quite finished it, got pretty dumb like season 4+, not even sure how many there are.

But I liked it a lot in the beginning.
Same. It was really good season 1. A little less season 2. I don't even remember if I made it through season 3. Watched it like six years ago.
Arrow is similar to that, season 1 is simply amazing, season 2 ok, then it gets dumber and dumber, not sure I ever finished.
The 100 has a lull but the writing team did a great job of creating pay offs for just about everything. One of those things that by re-watching you enjoy it more because you see how things tie together. The last season is probably the worst, but there is a clear conclusion, so I always find that somewhat satisfying versus the open-ended endings. Even then, there are episodes in the last season that are pretty captivating.

Read More. Post Less.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Does anyone in here watch The Chosen?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I would highly recommend the show From on MGM Plus. I didn’t even know they had a streaming service. It’s made by the creators of Lost and is a lot like it but with horror elements. It’s a really great show with a lot of mystery, good jump scares, and a plot that makes you always want to watch another episode.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Have watched every season of Big Brother since season 3 in 2002. Some seasons I started warching and stopped when they got so bad. And really only seasons 14 and 16 have been good since season 10. Last year started out well but finished horribly. The last decade the casting has gotten so bad, all just people that want to be famous and not really play the game to win. But it is still something I look forward to each year, to at least see if it will be good. But I have heard almost no promos for it this year. And there are some years it starts late June (usually just after July 4, though). Seems odd.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Labrev wrote:
04 May 2023 10:32
My sister got me and my mom into Succession on HBO Max. It's a dark satire based on Rupert Murdoch and Fox News produced by Will Ferrel and Adam McKay. It's a pretty good show and fun watch.
So the series concluded over a month ago, and the finale was excellent. One of the best shows to come out in the past couple of years, IMO.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Labrev wrote:
25 Jun 2023 14:08
Labrev wrote:
My sister got me and my mom into Succession on HBO Max. It's a dark satire based on Rupert Murdoch and Fox News produced by Will Ferrel and Adam McKay. It's a pretty good show and fun watch.
So the series concluded over a month ago, and the finale was excellent. One of the best shows to come out in the past couple of years, IMO.
Agreed. I was pulling for Greg to get the kingdom, but it was going to be an unworthy and amoral piece of &%$@ one way or another. The Tom/Shiv dynamic the whole final season was amazing.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

mnkcarp wrote:
25 Jun 2023 14:13
Labrev wrote:
25 Jun 2023 14:08
Labrev wrote:
Agreed. I was pulling for Greg to get the kingdom, but it was going to be an unworthy and amoral piece of &%$@ one way or another. The Tom/Shiv dynamic the whole final season was amazing.
The fact that lots of viewers wanted the court jester to become king is the beauty of the show. No matter how seriously all the players involved viewed the company, and for all the intense drama that surrounded it, we onlookers still see it as a joke, and would even like to put the token comic relief guy in charge of it.
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I binged Black Mirror the last few days. Good stuff.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
26 Jun 2023 09:38
My problem with that show is every ending is so depressing. Even the ones that are mildly triumphant are still a little sad.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Another good one is yellowjackets. A high school soccer team crashes in the woods on their way to a national title game and do whatever it takes to survive. Including eating each other.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Anyone ever watch Suits? Thinking about checking that out on Netflix. Looks like an interesting premise, but no idea how they can go on for 9 seasons.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Black Mirror is great; it's kind of the Twilight Zone of our time, but their dystopias often feel all too real. I watched it avidly for a while but felt like for my sanity needed to stop watching after finishing Season 4.

But I saw the trailer for Season 6 last night and am intrigued.
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Jun 2023 21:57
paco wrote:
26 Jun 2023 09:38
My problem with that show is every ending is so depressing. Even the ones that are mildly triumphant are still a little sad.
Labrev wrote:
28 Jun 2023 08:11
Black Mirror is great; it's kind of the Twilight Zone of our time, but their dystopias often feel all too real. I watched it avidly for a while but felt like for my sanity needed to stop watching after finishing Season 4.

But I saw the trailer for Season 6 last night and am intrigued.
It is depressing. But as we all know, I tend to lean that direction with my media choices. Paco the sad-sack.

Season 6 took a bit of a turn away from focusing on tech but was still good.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

^^^Most views in recent history...^^^

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
05 Mar 2024 06:36
^^^Most views in recent history...^^^

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Click link for full "tweet."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

First hair roots now the mother’s political affiliation.

You got some weird kinks my man.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Sons of Anarchy.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells