Packers are signing RB Josh Jacobs!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

I like it. Noone will know for sure until we watch next season but lets be honest about a couple things. 1. The Raiders oraganization was a dumpster fire last year. Other than Crosby, who on that team actually had a good year? I assume Gute, MLF and company ha ive kicked the tires, so to speak, and think he can thrive here or they wouldn't have pulled the trigger.
2. To me, the biggest difference in making the Packers offense click was healthy Aaron Jones. The Packers were a tremendous machine (secretariat) on offense when he was healthy. Unless you think he(Jacobs) is done at 26 years old, it seems like it goes along ways in solidifying the position. You still draft RB or RBs somewhere, but its not such a gamble (IMO) having a young veteran rather than a rookie. Just my 2 cents. The Packers org is NOT a dumpster fire and we have a real threat at QB. Its all good.

Go Pack go !!!!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Still no word on the dollars yet. Probably good for us.

Saquan got like over $13M, more than the franchise amount.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The dollars matter a lot here. I’m very sad about this RB change even though they make sense. I need the money to be low to make this swap feel good tho

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Mar 2024 15:33
The dollars matter a lot here. I’m very sad about this RB change even though they make sense. I need the money to be low to make this swap feel good tho
Really don't think it can be too high if they are getting rid of Aaron Jones for making too much.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
11 Mar 2024 15:36
YoHoChecko wrote:
Really don't think it can be too high if they are getting rid of Aaron Jones for making too much.
My guess is that it makes sense from a Cap Room perspective more than actual dollars, so hopefully everyone is careful when they analyze the numbers.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
11 Mar 2024 15:36
YoHoChecko wrote:
My guess is that it makes sense from a Cap Room perspective more than actual dollars, so hopefully everyone is careful when they analyze the numbers.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

No dollars released is good for the Packers. If it was good for the player the agent would have already released it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

I posted to this before seeing the release of AJ. I assume the money isn't too ridiculous( for Jacobs) or they could have just went after S. Barkley.

Now I am curious what the market is for A. Jones? What if its soft and they could bring him back? I assume this is just my wishful thinking.

PS. I do realize Barkley signed with PHilly. Just saying though.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

MY_TAKE wrote:
11 Mar 2024 15:55
Now I am curious what the market is for A. Jones? What if its soft and they could bring him back? I assume this is just my wishful thinking.
That was reported as a possibility before free agency, but I’d have to think it’s less of a possibility with Jacobs in the fold.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Hate it.
Free agent Josh Jacobs has reached a four-year, $48 million deal with the Packers, who in turn have told Aaron Jones he's being released, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

Jacobs' deal also includes $12.5 million guaranteed, a source told Schefter.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Boy.

Yeah I don't get the contract. They must really be thinking it was a Raiders thing and not a Jacobs thing in 2023.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Mar 2024 16:18
Hate it.
Free agent Josh Jacobs has reached a four-year, $48 million deal with the Packers, who in turn have told Aaron Jones he's being released, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

interested more in the structure of the deal vs the total. Hoping it includes an inflated 4th year that he will never play on to make the agent and player feel good.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I'd still like to see us get an RB in the draft, maybe 3rd or 4th round. But what I like about this is that JJ can handle the load. Love Jones, but his durability has been questionable, and is turning 30. Not a good combination.

Also, I'm fine with the money if Jacobs can be a top back in the league. With all the skill position players the Packers have, plus Love, JJ should have some room to run and should be very effective.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Mar 2024 16:18
Hate it.

Any idea how close AJ and the Packers were and what sort of contract he was seeking?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

No dollars released is good for the Packers. If it was good for the player the agent would have already released it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

4 years, $48m seems like a lot on its face, but $12.5m guaranteed does not seem exorbitant.

Also, he just turned 26, so he is still in his 20s for the length of the contract.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

A nice video of Jacobs at his best. His peers rated him the 12th best player in the league after his 2023 campaign:

—Magneto

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Who is the real Josh Jacobs? 2022 or 2023? Some were worried about his heavy work load in 2022. Hard to believe a RB, who just turned 26 would be washed up. Packers are paying him like 2022 JJ. As I said, the entire raiders team was a dumpster fire last year. I think he has a chance to look real good in green and gold.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

MY_TAKE wrote:
11 Mar 2024 16:48
Who is the real Josh Jacobs? 2022 or 2023? Some were worried about his heavy work load in 2022. Hard to believe a RB, who just turned 26 would be washed up. Packers are paying him like 2022 JJ. As I said, the entire raiders team was a dumpster fire last year. I think he has a chance to look real good in green and gold.
The stories about how toxic the Raiders locker room was in 2023 are wild.

Players often find a second wind when they change teams.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

every season Jones had 200 touches he went over a 1000 yrds, can't say that for Jacobs who eclipsed 200 touches every season 340 touches in 2022, rode hard, put away dry :lol:

12 mil. guarantee on a 4 year deal, sounds like a 1 year 12 mil. deal with option for 3 more.

seems like a high mileage RB, and security till the draft pick is ready to start :idn: