2024 Draft Day 3 Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Moving up in Round 4 is pretty steep in terms of price point.

A 6th rounder is worth about 7 spots or so to move up in Rd 4. Moving up in Rd is definitely a lot cheaper. We could move up significantly in Rd 5 with the 6's and 7's we have.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

random comment for the morning, the Packers apparently don't want my money. It won't let me log in to my account on the pro shop! Can't reset the password, can't create a new account. Not a great way to treat your owner!
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
27 Apr 2024 09:32
go pak go wrote:
27 Apr 2024 09:28
lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Apr 2024 09:20
I know Gutey said he wanted 13 picks. I feel like it’s too many. These players are either not going to make the roster, force players off the team still on rookie deals, or just end up being pushed off themselves next year. I’d like to look at some day 3 quality over quantity.
Yes we have 5 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds but it will be interesting how much ammo we can actually use to move up.

6th and 7th rounders just have such little value on trade charts.
Because they are so little value though, it doesn't take as much to trade up on Day 3. Usually just toss in 1 from the next round. Maybe a late future pick. Last year there were 20 Day 3 trades.
I think thats what Gute wanted, the ability to be able to target a player he likes and ability to trade up to get him, late round picks imho tend to be ST types as much as positional backups.

thing is it doesn't matter how many late 5, 6 or 7th round picks ya have, it's not the type trade bait that can get ya a higher spot in the top 50, I really wanted to get Dejean or a CB in the 2nd round

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
27 Apr 2024 09:40
random comment for the morning, the Packers apparently don't want my money. It won't let me log in to my account on the pro shop! Can't reset the password, can't create a new account. Not a great way to treat your owner!
Fan Abuse, you might have a case for a complaint :rotf:

different subject, but I've had so many issues with my Iphone and AT&T lately, clitches is how the AT&T rep said, however in a couple minutes she fixed the GPS and calling issues where my phone wouldn't wring on incoming calls, this IT stuff is a challenge for me :thwap:

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

So far I'm both happy and underwhelmed at the same time with our draft.

I really liked Morgan pick. That's our starting LT. Protecting our QB is always a priority. Solid start.

I was underwhelmed that our first 2nd round pick went to a LB, Edgerrin Cooper. I would've preferred we stayed where we were and took McKinstry or Melton.

I thought the next pick, Javon Bullard was great. We really needed a safety with that profile. I thought Gute would be interested in him because his stature and personality reminded me of Alexander. I recognised right away that his body type and twitchiness made him suited for nickle and slot duties so there's that versatility Gute craves.

I also really liked Hicks as the other safety. Not sure why he has fallen in the draft. Certainly would not mind double dipping. I'm not keen on our safety depth so it could use some padding especially if Bullard moves to nickle/slot.

I understand and kind of like the Marshawn Lloyd pick. He's big and fast. He's still youngish with little mileage, both of which will have put him ahead of my favourites, Tracey and Davis for the Packers. He could have some use in the receiving game. I have two issues with him though, he bounces outside too much for his size which makes me question his vision and there's also his ball security.

Still lots of RBs left in the draft, Estime, Allen, Wright, Davis, Tracey, Guerendo, Watson and Vidal. I wonder if we will nab another one.

I'm meh on Hopper. He's similar to Cooper, not as quick or as long but they play in a similar way. As I said in another thread I hate watching linebackers because they barely do anything. I'm guessing with these two it means Quay is going to be the MIKE. Personally I would rather unleash Quay and find a different linebacker type to stay back and do the dirty work.

As for Day 3. One thing for sure I expect the Packers to draft a QB. I have my eye on Pratt due to his big arm, experience and young age (22.5). Would be a good developmental prospect that we can flip for a draft pick somewhere down the line.

There's a few OL propects that kind of fits the Packers profile. Bortolini, Rouse, Gramble, Jennings, Glover.

I've done zero research on WRs so don't know if there's still any good ones knocking about. Probably, considering where Nacua went last year.

It would be nice to draft a DL but I don't think there's many big ones who can add competition behind Clark and Wyatt.

Can see us nabbing an EDGE but not at the size Gute prefers. May have to settle for a Clay Matthews sized prospect.

We definitely need more corners. Just not too sure who we could target - Josh Newton or Willie Drew maybe?. There's still a few guys that fit the Packers athletic thresholds but please no Jean-Charles types please.

WhiskeyIndigo
Reactions:

Post by WhiskeyIndigo »

paco wrote:
DO NOT GIVE ANY MONEY to that place. It’s overpriced, homogenized &%$@ made in another country. $50 hats that say DORK? $28 coffee mugs? Use your mind here, man. Go find something else that’s one of a kind, a personal treasure, or get your wife some kickass slippers she’ll never stop thanking you for.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

WhiskeyIndigo wrote:
27 Apr 2024 10:15
paco wrote:
DO NOT GIVE ANY MONEY to that place. It’s overpriced, homogenized &%$@ made in another country. $50 hats that say DORK? $28 coffee mugs? Use your mind here, man. Go find something else that’s one of a kind, a personal treasure, or get your wife some kickass slippers she’ll never stop thanking you for.
Yes, its overpriced. All NFL merch is. Feel free to offer suggestions on better places to get Packers gear that just so happens to not be made in a foreign country. :roll:
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I know that Morgan isn't the spectacular guy to pick. But he's gonna be good. Guty wasn't the only GM who saw him as a solid pick.

Coop and Bullock will be very good. And our new RB will contribute right away. Hooper has definite ST value, even if he doesn't see the field much on D.

This has been a superb draft so far for us. Yeah, maybe the CLASS isn't what we'd prefer. But Guty is doing yeoman's work again this year.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Apr 2024 10:25
I know that Morgan isn't the spectacular guy to pick. But he's gonna be good. Guty wasn't the only GM who saw him as a solid pick.

Coop and Bullock will be very good. And our new RB will contribute right away. Hooper has definite ST value, even if he doesn't see the field much on D.

This has been a superb draft so far for us. Yeah, maybe the CLASS isn't what we'd prefer. But Guty is doing yeoman's work again this year.
Bullock is a Texan
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Outside of Hopper I think GB has been on fire.

Top lber who plays with fire. Many here have always said we need dogs

A top 2 safety that plays with fire. Many here have always said we need dogs

Both were leaders, playmakers and will start

Morgan fits the Packers mold and I trust them on OL.

Lloyd is not small. Idk who thinks that. He's 220 fast and strong. Patient and explosive. Doesn't go down easy. Reminds me of Jacobs actually. Only knock is health. This might be a little early and I really like wright but this dude is a pure RB

Gabriel Murphy is my edge want today. Love that dude

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
27 Apr 2024 10:37
Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Apr 2024 10:25

Bullock is a Texan
Sorry. Meant Bullard.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
27 Apr 2024 02:48
Disappointed so far. Only 1 probable starter in 5 picks in 3 rounds, and no help at CB. Well, maybe Stokes is 99% back and can start and so they are not worried about CB.

I hate the RB pick (small and a fumbler) and except for Cooper, I don't like anyone taken so far.
If your team is starting rookies as in plural…
Your team will not go to the playoffs.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

JKB wrote:
27 Apr 2024 10:56
TheSkeptic wrote:
Disappointed so far. Only 1 probable starter in 5 picks in 3 rounds, and no help at CB. Well, maybe Stokes is 99% back and can start and so they are not worried about CB.

I hate the RB pick (small and a fumbler) and except for Cooper, I don't like anyone taken so far.
That's not true. We started more than a few. So did the Lions. Bills started 2. Chiefs had a couple too I think. Could probably find more if I looked.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

JKB wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

tell that to Reed, Wicks, Musgrave or Kraft, those rookies helped us make the PO last season, Rookies start and do well every season.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Broncos are duck hunting. Probably a good idea to pair Nix with a receiver he knows.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
27 Apr 2024 11:13
JKB wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

tell that to Reed, Wicks, Musgrave or Kraft, those rookies helped us make the PO last season, Rookies start and do well every season.
Technically Musgrave was the only "starter". Could probably put Reed in there too as "technical starter"
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
27 Apr 2024 11:15
Yoop wrote:
JKB wrote:

Technically Musgrave was the only "starter"
Again, the problem with the idea of "starter". It's outdated.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Technically Musgrave was the only "starter"
Again, the problem with the idea of "starter". It's outdated.
Oh that I can absolutely agree with.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Wasn't our white helmets supposed to be released this weekend?
Yoop wrote: