Rank the Roster 2024: #1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 29 Apr 2024 22:20

Jaire Alexander
18%
Kenny Clark
3%
Rashan Gary
15%
Elgton Jenkins
No votes
Christian Watson
No votes
Jordan Love
53%
Preston Smith
No votes
AJ Dillon
No votes
Keisean Nixon
No votes
Quay Walker
No votes
Devonte Wyatt
No votes
Zach Tom
9%
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Josh Myers
No votes
Eric Stokes
No votes
Luke Musgrave
No votes
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Jayden Reed
No votes
Samori Toure
3%

Total votes: 34

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #1

Post by Waldo »

Welcome to Rank the Roster 2024. A space filling waste of time to argue about minutiae (and get to know the roster), at the conclusion of which, training camp begins.

As always, the starting list comes from last year's poll results, last year's top 20. Not with the team anymore are Jones (2), Bakhtiari (3), Campbell (7), Douglas (11), Runyan (19), Savage (20), Ford (26), Nijman (28), Deguara (29). I actually had to go all the way to the final poll results to fill the top 20.

Don't forget, you may make 2 selections now.

I'm stoked for this years rank the roster, there's a massive amount of change on the Packers, a young team on the rise. So much to be worked out. Honestly I'm not entirely sure where #1 even goes, Jones seemed like a shoe in for it at the end of the year, then they cut him.

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I chose Love and Alexander.

Next up Gary and Watson

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Love. I'm not even going to bother with a second choice. He is the man.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I’m with @Cdragon.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

One year hiatus going QB, time to get back to reality.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

We went so many years with Rodgers unquestioned #1, I hesitate to put the new QB1 up there since positional value gives such a boost.

But at the same time, Jordan kind of earned it. There were games were he was absolutely carrying the offense, the best player on the field.

That said, Rashan Gary is in total beast mode, the dude is as impactful a pass rusher as they come, and he has a knack for making big plays when big plays are needed. And he is right in his prime. If anything I think the new DC will make him even more impactful.

So that's my 1-2, Gary-Love.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Love and Alex, Gave Jaire the nod over Gary, but was a tough choice, he and Tom on deck

I had to flip the flop, with Love #1, and Tom #2, Tom was just so sound as a RT, top 12 over all tackle in the league, and both Jaire and Gary didn't play above that
Last edited by Yoop on 29 Apr 2024 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Waldo wrote:
29 Apr 2024 07:24
We went so many years with Rodgers unquestioned #1, I hesitate to put the new QB1 up there since positional value gives such a boost.

But at the same time, Jordan kind of earned it. There were games were he was absolutely carrying the offense, the best player on the field.

That said, Rashan Gary is in total beast mode, the dude is as impactful a pass rusher as they come, and he has a knack for making big plays when big plays are needed. And he is right in his prime. If anything I think the new DC will make him even more impactful.

So that's my 1-2, Gary-Love.
I have always been a proud member of GaryGang but he absolutely fell off the planet after the Thanksgiving game. Preston Smith was our best pass rusher down he stretch. LVN was even up there in terms of production.

Jordan Love is the unquestioned #1 of this team. Especially now that Aaron Jones isn't on it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

The QB should not automatically be #1 just because he is a returning starter. I went Alexander and Gary. Alexander is the "best player" on the team right now when his body is right. Gary is a top 5 pass rusher when healthy. Love is maybe top 8 QB (right now - he will likely improve a lot yet) when it is clicking. So, right now, Love would be #3 for me.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Zach Tom is the obvious answer. As much talk as he's gotten all offseason, it sure feels like it!

Otherwise I voted Love. This is not a runaway by any means though. There's enough questions on Clark, Jaire, and Gary to make me stop and think.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I can't pick Gary or Alexander over Love, as they both had down years last year.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jordan Love was a top 3 QB down the stretch last year. He just had a bad 4th quarter in SF. Had he not had that dip, GB very well may have won the whole thing. Love was that good.

Quite frankly 23, 52 and 97 had me wanting more. They need to step it up this year.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think the list was a copy and paste from last year.

I nominate Xavier McKinney to be on the list. I expect him to be one of the leaders on this team. Wouldn't be surprised if he is the green dot too.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
29 Apr 2024 09:29
Zach Tom is the obvious answer. As much talk as he's gotten all offseason, it sure feels like it!

Otherwise I voted Love. This is not a runaway by any means though. There's enough questions on Clark, Jaire, and Gary to make me stop and think.
feel good story for the dull moments in our day :aok:

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-pac ... 219839545/

to think we could move this guy to center, mind boggling :rotf:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

1. Jordan Love
2. Samori Toure
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820