Rank the Roster 2024: #2

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 30 Apr 2024 22:41

Jaire Alexander
30%
Kenny Clark
15%
Rashan Gary
36%
Elgton Jenkins
No votes
Christian Watson
3%
Preston Smith
No votes
AJ Dillon
No votes
Keisean Nixon
No votes
Quay Walker
No votes
Devonte Wyatt
No votes
Zach Tom
9%
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Josh Myers
No votes
Eric Stokes
No votes
Luke Musgrave
No votes
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Jayden Reed
No votes
Samori Toure
6%

Total votes: 33

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #2

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Jordan Love (53%)[+8]
2. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I guess it shouldn't be surprising the Love gets #1. Gary or Alexander for #2? I picked both.

I didn't add anyone yet, probably give it a couple more, but Xavier McKinney and Josh Jacobs will be first up.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

This is a coin flip. Do you value 1100 snaps from a 2 time all-pro. Who in theory can have no stats, because if he is doing his job too well, there are no targets to defend against. Taking out Jefferson shows, if allowed he can shut down the top receivers in the league.

Gary is a force but he's playing 400 snaps less. If he is going against the best he is not as effective. I expect him to have a monster year in the new scheme. He is not going to go against the best OL they have. He is going to have that splash play that you can point to as a possible game changer.

I think Jaire is going to be against the best more often than not. So I'm going with him.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I went with Jaire first.

For my 2nd pick I wanted to go for someone on the offense since Jaire is D. I chose Watson, since I think he is the most impactful O player other than Love.

And yes, Jacobs needs to be in the list ASAP as he is top 5 on the O and top 10 on the team. Don't understand why Toure is in the list since I doubt he makes even the PS

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I suspect that Toure will be on the bares or vikes by the start of the season. :munch:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

OL very seldom picked high in this contest, I think/guess Bakhtiari went 3rd once??????

whatever this is a very tough choice between Alex, Gary, and Tom for me, and taking the Alex time off and cooling down period ( bad boy, bad boy) and Gary's struggles coming back from injury, and snap count, Tom over all very solid season, I have to throw him my vote

Tom it is

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Jaire has the highest peak of all these players. We can expect to see a more motivated Jaire this next season with a chance to be the star of the defense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kenny and Gary for me.

Jaire wasn’t good enough, getting too dinged up, isn’t available enough, and wasn’t the guy we needed in the locker room last year.

Surprised he’s getting so many votes. He needs to earn that back, imo.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Gary and Jaire for me. Almost threw Jaire's vote to Big E, but I agree with what lupe said in that this is still the player with the most potential to be that year-in, year-out blue chip player for us. Elgton and Kenny on deck.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

X, Jacobs, Tucker and Romeo need to be on the list as they should start getting votes around slot 5.

Read More. Post Less.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I voted Gary and Ja, but think Gary's higher. Watson, Jacobs, McKinney probably next, with our best OL not long after for me

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I went Gary then Clark

Pass rush is King and Gary is our guy. He is also now the leader of the unit. The team feeds off of him

Clark is counted on for so much and really isn't replaceable. It's a new front but he's still missed when not out there

Ha would be next. I think this team proved they have some depth and can survive at times if Ja is out. He hasn't played at all pro level in 2 years. Hope he can return to form and all the weird stuff is behind him

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
30 Apr 2024 09:42
I went Gary then Clark

Pass rush is King and Gary is our guy. He is also now the leader of the unit. The team feeds off of him

Clark is counted on for so much and really isn't replaceable. It's a new front but he's still missed when not out there

Ha would be next. I think this team proved they have some depth and can survive at times if Ja is out. He hasn't played at all pro level in 2 years. Hope he can return to form and all the weird stuff is behind him
2022 Jaire was AP2, PB.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Cdragon wrote:
30 Apr 2024 10:09
Backthepack4ever wrote:
30 Apr 2024 09:42
I went Gary then Clark

2022 Jaire was AP2, PB.
Sorry. He hasn't played to his skill level in 2 years. 3 years ago he was a true shutdown and beat in the league. 2022 he had great games and blah games. Last year injury and average play.

If he gets back to the real Ja in 24 he might get my vote for 2 or 3.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Toure ofc, he's #1 til he goes.

#2 goes to Gary. He sputtered out late last year, it may have been due to not playing a full season the year before. I am less disappointed in that underwhelming play than Ja's. When he's on, he takes over games, pretty much singlehandedly kept us in the NO game, also wrecked Detroit in our big win over them. I think he may improve with his hand in the dirt.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I too am voting Gary.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Jaire. He might be an all pro this year.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Now I get wanting beat up on Jaire because he had some controversies going on last year but to say his play fell off in one breath and then vote Gary over him who has still not had a double digit season yet in 5 seasons is crazy to me.

Gary’s peak is a good edge player. Not great when you look across the league at the who’s who of pass rushers. Gary isn’t even debatably top 10.

Jaire is undoubtedly a top 10 CB and I think you can easily debate he’s top 5 as well.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Apr 2024 19:08
Now I get wanting beat up on Jaire because he had some controversies going on last year but to say his play fell off in one breath and then vote Gary over him who has still not had a double digit season yet in 5 seasons is crazy to me.

Gary’s peak is a good edge player. Not great when you look across the league at the who’s who of pass rushers. Gary isn’t even debatably top 10.

Jaire is undoubtedly a top 10 CB and I think you can easily debate he’s top 5 as well.
Jaw is a top 10 CB when at his peak but Gary is also a top pass rusher at his peak. No other Packers defensive player has taken over a game more than Gary the last 5 years besides Z Smith.

Gary's peak is elite and it often shows up in big games. Gary just needs to drive consistency which, up to this point, can largely be blamed on the injury. Gary was ridiculously good at the end of 2021. Picked up pretty good in 2022 before the ACL tear and exploded in 2023 before trailing off the last month and a half. Right now Gary's disappearance can be blamed on injury. 2024 will answer that.

Rashan Gary's 2021 Divisional Round Playoff game was the largest defensive Packer dominated playoff performance since Reggie White.

Clark, Gary and Jaw are all amazing at their peak. The question is which one will play at their peak this year.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2024 08:28
X, Jacobs, Tucker and Romeo need to be on the list as they should start getting votes around slot 5.
Dontavion Wicks, too. I suspect he may be the true star among this receiving corps.