Rank the Roster 2024: #3

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 02 May 2024 07:28

Jaire Alexander
48%
Kenny Clark
16%
Elgton Jenkins
6%
Christian Watson
3%
Preston Smith
No votes
AJ Dillon
No votes
Keisean Nixon
No votes
Quay Walker
No votes
Romeo Doubs
No votes
Devonte Wyatt
No votes
Zach Tom
10%
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Josh Myers
3%
Eric Stokes
No votes
Luke Musgrave
No votes
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Jayden Reed
No votes
Xavier McKinney
6%
Josh Jacobs
6%

Total votes: 31

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #3

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Jordan Love (53%)[+8]
2. Rashan Gary (36%)[+3]
3. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019
Last edited by Waldo on 01 May 2024 07:35, edited 1 time in total.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I added McKinney and Jacobs due to popular demand; I noticed Doubs was somehow missing, he was #15 last year and belonged on the initial set, so I added him and subtracted Toure. Kraft will be next up.

I'm just going to vote Alexander for #3. I think Kenny should go #4, but there's a gap there between them. Jaire can be the best CB in the league.
Last edited by Waldo on 01 May 2024 07:37, edited 1 time in total.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

We have knocked Jaire off of his #1 ranking from last year, even denied him #2. That is deserved after last year. I expect him to bounce back though and if he does, he is one of the best not only on this team but in the league, definitely worthy of being in our Top-3.

McKinney meanwhile has an argument for being the best S in the league. It is always a bit tricky to project FAs, but I have a strong feeling he will be a Top-5 player for us, and it's very likely that he will wear the green dot for us. He's probably my next vote, with Tom and Big E on deck.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I voted Jaire #1 again.

And now that Watson is healthy and the incompetent trainer is gone, I expect him to be unstoppable.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Jaire and Elgton. I think this slot is clearly Jaire, but I am going Elgton ahead of Kenny Clark. Clark is still too invisible at times for my taste. I really hope this more aggressive style front will help him be more effective. He turned it on pretty well towards the end of the season, but again, was absolutely invisible for stretches of time where we really needed him. Elgton was rock solid all season long. Clearly back all the way from the knee injury.

Read More. Post Less.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

IDK, I've thought Elgton has been pretty mediocre these last couple years. Would really like to see him back at LG, where he was one of the best.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
01 May 2024 09:24
IDK, I've thought Elgton has been pretty mediocre these last couple years. Would really like to see him back at LG, where he was one of the best.
he was our LG all last year Bro :rotf:

who knows why he struggled at RT, could be he's just not a right side player, and we didn't want to lose games keeping him out there, everything is completely opposite when ya switch sides.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Elgton is a Top-10 player on the team for sure, but I have Tom ahead of him now. Tom can truly play all five, and all of them at a high level.

I am convinced that the same would still be true of Jenkins if not for the ACL injury. It's unclear to me if that is a permanent condition of the injury or if he was just not in shape to play outside at the time (before the injury, we saw him start games there and perform well).

Yet until we see him play T and thrive again, I have to consider him an IOL. He may play G better than Tom but Tom plays T a lot better than Elgton, and any C eval between them is based in projection, because neither have played there much recently.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is a clear tier with Love being Tier 1. Gary and Alexander being Tier 2.

The next vote will be interesting. I would argue Clark is your best Dlineman. Tom is your best Olineman. Christian Watson puts the most fear in opposing defenses when healthy (huge, huge if here). Xavier McKinney and Josh Jacobs weren't signed to be bystanders.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

An absolute travesty that Jaire didnt go before Gary and already invalidates this list IMO.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kenny then Elgton then Jaire.

Like I said before, Jaire needs to earn that top vote back. The others are better and more available and better in locker room.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
01 May 2024 13:08

Like I said before, Jaire needs to earn that top vote back. The others are better and more available and better in locker room.
Yup. He also got owned last year. Goodness the game in Atlanta. He dropped the pick 6 and Drake London was beating him all game long. He didn't have a ton of yards but he did constantly keep moving the chains on key downs.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
01 May 2024 14:15
BF004 wrote:

Yup. He also got owned last year. Goodness the game in Atlanta. He dropped the pick 6 and Drake London was beating him all game long. He didn't have a ton of yards but he did constantly keep moving the chains on key downs.
So we are going to take ONE game in the regular season, week 2 mind you, over what he did against Dallas in the playoffs? That game alone should have earned him some credibility.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 May 2024 14:32
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:

So we are going to take ONE game in the regular season, week 2 mind you, over what he did against Dallas in the playoffs? That game alone should have earned him some credibility.
I agree with you. Jaire was healthy at the end of the season and he was dominant again. Don't see how anyone could say that Jenkins has always been available as he had that little ACL problem. I don't think that Jenkins was 100% any of last season. Maybe he will be himself again and those of you that like him are voting on future performance, but then do the same projection for Jaire.

As for Kenny, this may be the year to cut back on his snaps. The Dline is especially talented and deep going into this season.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

No one in Packers history gets more credit for not doing a whole lot than Rashan Gary. One would think if he was second best player on entire team that the team would be in real trouble. Luckily the roster is pretty solid top to bottom. But geez.

Z played his position and the entire attitude of the defense changed. Does Rashan influence the entire Defense?

The best player on the defense is the new well paid FA safety, second is obviously one of the highest paid corners in the league. The next best on the defense is probably about to Quay. Clark and Rashan are in a battle to round out the top 5.

I will say tho that if kenny and Gary are your 4th or 5th best players on the D, the D should be very good.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2024 15:23
No one in Packers history gets more credit for not doing a whole lot than Rashan Gary. One would think if he was second best player on entire team that the team would be in real trouble. Luckily the roster is pretty solid top to bottom. But geez.
He's the only defender on the team that's truly taken over a game. When Gary is hot, offense is pointless. He makes a lot of clutch plays as well, disrupting things quick on key 3rds.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

BF004 wrote:
This is why I have him today and not 2 polls ago.

Last year knocked him down a good bit to me. He got trashed pretty good in coverage more than a few times, whole crap games, and got suspended for being a poor teammate.

Can he be that #1 guy? Sure, but that isn't what we've been getting recently.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Waldo wrote:
01 May 2024 15:28
Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2024 15:23
He's the only defender on the team that's truly taken over a game. When Gary is hot, offense is pointless. He makes a lot of clutch plays as well, disrupting things quick on key 3rds.
I think hes a good player. I dont think hes the best player on the defense. Never had a 50 tackle combined season, never had over 10 sacks in a year, didnt play much year one, rotational year 2, injured year 4. Its all hype.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:

It's the difference 2nd and 3rd on the rank the roster. Not 2nd and 24th.
Yoop wrote:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

go pak go wrote:
01 May 2024 19:38
lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

It's the difference 2nd and 3rd on the rank the roster. Not 2nd and 24th.
Not only that, tiers show up in this thing pretty obviously, and 2nd/3rd are clearly the same tier.