Rank the Roster 2024: #3

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 02 May 2024 07:28

Jaire Alexander
48%
Kenny Clark
16%
Elgton Jenkins
6%
Christian Watson
3%
Preston Smith
No votes
AJ Dillon
No votes
Keisean Nixon
No votes
Quay Walker
No votes
Romeo Doubs
No votes
Devonte Wyatt
No votes
Zach Tom
10%
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Josh Myers
3%
Eric Stokes
No votes
Luke Musgrave
No votes
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Jayden Reed
No votes
Xavier McKinney
6%
Josh Jacobs
6%

Total votes: 31

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Waldo wrote:
01 May 2024 20:32
go pak go wrote:
01 May 2024 19:38
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 May 2024 14:32

So we are going to take ONE game in the regular season, week 2 mind you, over what he did against Dallas in the playoffs? That game alone should have earned him some credibility.
It's the difference 2nd and 3rd on the rank the roster. Not 2nd and 24th.
Not only that, tiers show up in this thing pretty obviously, and 2nd/3rd are clearly the same tier.
I vehemently disagree. Tier 1 is Love and Jaire. I don’t think they’re any mistaking that. Both can be the absolute best players at their positions.

Gary isn’t even top 10 at his position. Great leader and personality on the team but when it comes down to it he’s just a pretty good player. Nothing more, nothing less.

People saying Jaire needs to earn his spot back. Well then what Gary gotta do? Gary didn’t record a full sack since Thanksgiving!
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Again, Jaire should've already been off the board. He's my primary pick here.

I went offense with my second pick: Josh Jacobs.

Where would we have voted Aaron Jones were he still a Packer? My guess is he'd have battled for these 2-4 picks. Jacobs, in the eyes of management, is the better player. The fact he's getting no mention in the comments is curious to me.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'll take Doubs and Musgrave at 2 and 3 due their performances in 2023.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 May 2024 21:33
Waldo wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Not only that, tiers show up in this thing pretty obviously, and 2nd/3rd are clearly the same tier.
I vehemently disagree. Tier 1 is Love and Jaire. I don’t think they’re any mistaking that. Both can be the absolute best players at their positions.

Gary isn’t even top 10 at his position. Great leader and personality on the team but when it comes down to it he’s just a pretty good player. Nothing more, nothing less.

People saying Jaire needs to earn his spot back. Well then what Gary gotta do? Gary didn’t record a full sack since Thanksgiving!
Jordan Love was unanimous. 18 votes for Love. 6 votes for Alexander. That makes Jordan Love Tier 1 and the only one in Tier 1.

Tiers are seperated by close votes. Jaw and Gary were close but then Jaw is going to end up being unaminous after the close contender has been removed. That makes another Tier. Tier 2.

Tier 3 may or may not see more than one player.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Waldo wrote:
go pak go wrote:

agree, Gary had one consistent season in a 5 year career, Jaire only played 7 games last year and played them hurt, if anyone has something to prove it's Gary.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2024 07:51
lupedafiasco wrote:
Waldo wrote:

Jordan Love was unanimous. 18 votes for Love. 6 votes for Alexander. That makes Jordan Love Tier 1 and the only one in Tier 1.

Tiers are seperated by close votes. Jaw and Gary were close but then Jaw is going to end up being unaminous after the close contender has been removed. That makes another Tier. Tier 2.

starting QB will always garner a top tier vote, we talked about eliminating kicker, punter, QB should also be eliminated.jmo

then for whatever reason, ( just mind boggling) the nucleus of this forum voted in one of the most inconsistent players we've drafted with our first choice under Gutekunst, rather then the closest player we have to ALL PRO, and other then for injury has always played like it in Alexander, and if not for that these 2nd and 3rd etc votes would be closer, no need to do a doz different tiers.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gary seems like a great guy...no doubt.

Gary is a "good" player...no doubt

Gary seems like a great team guy and great Packer...no doubt

But what is the evidence Gary is a great leader? Does his attitude spread to the rest of the defense? What tone does he set?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
02 May 2024 08:33
Gary seems like a great guy...no doubt.

Gary is a "good" player...no doubt

Gary seems like a great team guy and great Packer...no doubt

But what is the evidence Gary is a great leader? Does his attitude spread to the rest of the defense? What tone does he set?
he plays the same way he did for Mi. hot and cold, it's great that he's a great team mate and locker room guy, but he needs to bring the hustle more consistently, he is capable of more.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
Look harder. The evidence is out there.

https://www.packers.com/video/matt-lafl ... one-setter

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
02 May 2024 08:50
Drj820 wrote:

Thats the persona, where have been the results, again having a great game every once in a while equates to lack of consistency, sure I wouldn't doubt his ability inspires players, but imo his ability runs hot and cold.

I've attempted to support Gary, this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact I didn't like drafting him, rather he has had 1.5 season of excellent pass pressures, yet his best finishes have not toped 10 sacks a season and we are paying him 23 mil. annual, thats a lot of money compared to his production.

I doubt members here would defend any other player the way people here do with Gary, :idn:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2024 09:16
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Thats the persona, where have been the results, again having a great game every once in a while equates to lack of consistency, sure I wouldn't doubt his ability inspires players, but imo his ability runs hot and cold.

I've attempted to support Gary, this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact I didn't like drafting him, rather he has had 1.5 season of excellent pass pressures, yet his best finishes have not toped 10 sacks a season and we are paying him 23 mil. annual, thats a lot of money compared to his production.

I doubt members here would defend any other player the way people here do with Gary, :idn:
Production is not what was questioned. His leadership ability was. That, I find, ridiculous. I think we will find out a lot this season. He seemed to be on a tear last year and just ran out of gas coming back from the knee injury. That is not uncommon for guys with similar injuries. Heading into a no excuses season. We'll see.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I dont buy what is said in a press conference hook, line, n sinker. I understand that coaches speak to their team through the media. Does Gary set a tone in practice? Probably so! Does he set the tone for the defense in a game? Maybe??? Was coach gassing up Gary as a leader early in camp because he NEEDS Gary to be that leader? Very possible.

The evidence presented did not sway my opinion.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
02 May 2024 09:58
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

Production is not what was questioned. His leadership ability was. That, I find, ridiculous. I think we will find out a lot this season. He seemed to be on a tear last year and just ran out of gas coming back from the knee injury. That is not uncommon for guys with similar injuries. Heading into a no excuses season. We'll see.
Its year 6. Its hilarious every season leading up to year 6 has been an "excuse" season.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
02 May 2024 09:58
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

again I'am pulling hard for Gary to return to 3rd season form with more sacks to finish his pass rush count :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
02 May 2024 10:01
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I dont buy what is said in a press conference hook, line, n sinker. I understand that coaches speak to their team through the media. Does Gary set a tone in practice? Probably so! Does he set the tone for the defense in a game? Maybe??? Was coach gassing up Gary as a leader early in camp because he NEEDS Gary to be that leader? Very possible.

I mean you can say this about every player then unless it's so blatantly obvious like Charles Woodson was for us in 2009 and 2010.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2024 08:29
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

starting QB will always garner a top tier vote, we talked about eliminating kicker, punter, QB should also be eliminated.jmo

then for whatever reason, ( just mind boggling) the nucleus of this forum voted in one of the most inconsistent players we've drafted with our first choice under Gutekunst, rather then the closest player we have to ALL PRO, and other then for injury has always played like it in Alexander, and if not for that these 2nd and 3rd etc votes would be closer, no need to do a doz different tiers.
Alexander is just as inconsistent as Gary. Alexander wasn't good in 2023 (he was good in the Wildcard game). He had a GREAT game in 2022 vs Jefferson. He missed most all of 2021.

Gary wasn't good the last 6 weeks of 2023. He was GREAT the final half of 2021 and first half of 2022 before injury.

These guys are both close and have both ups and downs. It's why they were voted #2 and #3. Comparing Gary's bad 6 game stretch - after tearing an ACL mind you - is not any different than seeing Jaw's bad stretch and lack of availability in 2021 and 2023.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

OK, well that is different than there being no evidence.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2024 10:41
Drj820 wrote:
NCF wrote:

I mean you can say this about every player then unless it's so blatantly obvious like Charles Woodson was for us in 2009 and 2010.
I would say its been more obvious than it is with Gary for every player that has made the top 2 in the rank the roster.

Jaire, Aaron Jones (23)

Rodger, kenny (debatable with kenny. Gary is like Kenny without the production) (22)

Rodgers Davante (21)

Rodgers, Zadarius (def tone setter) (20)

Rodgers, Bahk (leader in the wrong direction, but certainly a leader) (19)

Rodgers, Bahk (leader for sure) (18)

Rodgers, Bahk (leader for sure) (17)

Rodgers, Clay (obvious tone setter) (16)

Rodgers, Clay (obvious tone setter) (15)

Rodgers, Clay (obvious defensive leader) (14)

Rashan Gary is the worst #2 we have had in a decade, and we are still supposed to be good! Shows our quality from top to bottom!
Last edited by Drj820 on 02 May 2024 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2024 10:45
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Alexander is just as inconsistent as Gary. Alexander wasn't good in 2023 (he was good in the Wildcard game). He had a GREAT game in 2022 vs Jefferson. He missed most all of 2021.

Gary wasn't good the last 6 weeks of 2023. He was GREAT the final half of 2021 and first half of 2022 before injury.

These guys are both close and have both ups and downs. It's why they were voted #2 and #3. Comparing Gary's bad 6 game stretch - after tearing an ACL mind you - is not any different than seeing Jaw's bad stretch and lack of availability in 2021 and 2023.
nothing could be more untrue, when healthy Alexander has always ranked higher then Gary, always, just go look at the stats, Jaw had two PB invites (should have been 3) Gary none.

Jaw gets a bad rap for being a bad boy according to most here, and I think it has swayed some opinions of him.

and Gary gets defended because he got such heat when he was drafted, heck you seem to think Gary was better then Mathews, or did you just forget about the guy who leads this team in sack history?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2024 11:29
go pak go wrote:
02 May 2024 10:45
Yoop wrote:

nothing could be more untrue, when healthy Alexander has always ranked higher then Gary, always, just go look at the stats, Jaw had two PB invites (should have been 3) Gary none.

Jaw gets a bad rap for being a bad boy according to most here, and I think it has swayed some opinions of him.

and Gary gets defended because he got such heat when he was drafted
Good point yoop. Nothing signifies the gap between what some packer fans imagine Gary to be and what the rest of the league thinks of him than no pro bowls for Gary and no all pros. Yet Jaire has a two time second team all pro.