Rank the Roster 2024: #21

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2024 20:17

AJ Dillon
No votes
Josh Myers
3%
Eric Stokes
28%
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Jordan Morgan
6%
Javon Bullard
22%
MarShawn Lloyd
6%
Carrington Valentine
22%
Karl Brooks
No votes
Edgerrin Cooper
13%
Sean Rhyan
No votes
Colby Wooden
No votes
Ty'Ron Hopper
No votes
Evan Williams
No votes
Andre Dillard
No votes
Sean Clifford
No votes

Total votes: 32

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #21

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Jordan Love (53%)[+8]
2. Rashan Gary (36%)[+3]
3. Jaire Alexander (48%)[-2]
4. Zach Tom (27%)[+13]
5. Kenny Clark (33%)[-1]
6. Xavier McKinney (35%)[FA]
7. Elgton Jenkins (47%)[-1]
8. Josh Jacobs (43%)[FA]
9. Jayden Reed (36%)[+18]
10T. Christian Watson (24%)[-2]
10T. Dontayvion Wicks (24%)[+21]
12T. Preston Smith (27%)[-2]
12T. Devonte Wyatt (27%)[+4]
14. Quay Walker (40%)[--]
15. Luke Musgrave (28%)[+7]
16T. Romeo Doubs (26%)[-1]
16T. Lukas Van Ness (26%)[+2]
18. Keisean Nixon (25%)[-1]
19. Tucker Kraft (21%)[+12]
20. Rasheed Walker (32%)[+12]
21. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Making good headway this year. Still more than a month and a half to go, and almost done with the starters. Weak effort on my part last year, ideally we get into the 40's.

Stokes for sure is my top pick.

Bullard will be my 2nd pick. Its kind of ridiculous a rookie isn't up there since we'll likely have at least 2 starting rookies. I suppose it says alot both about the existing roster's quality, and that this years draft has a few options for most impactful player so there isn't a single rookie people are focused on.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Stokes, Myers, then I'll hit the rookies.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I understand that they mostly play the same position but I went with both Stokes and Valentine. It is a premium position.

Brooks on deck

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
03 Jun 2024 03:40
I understand that they mostly play the same position but I went with both Stokes and Valentine. It is a premium position.

Brooks on deck
I considered voting the same but will stick with the conviction that Valentine will win the CB2 battle. I went Bullard with my second vote. He's gonna be on the field a lot and if he's as good as advertised, he should be very valuable.

Cooper on deck for me.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Valentine and Lloyd.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Sorry I missed a couple Bullard votes but I’m back to add mine to the tally

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I was thinking Cooper, but I can do Bullard. Stokes was my other vote. Cooper, Morgan, and Valentine coming up soon.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Stokes, then Valentine/Brooks.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Stokes was ranked #22 last year due to struggling in Year 2 and then getting hurt midway through the year.

This past season, he was hurt for the vast majority of he season, and in the very limited action he saw, he was terrible. So being MORE hurt and playing worse warrants +1 improvement? :| Meanwhile we had a rookie start in his stead just about all of last year and held his own but that guy hasn't been ranked.

But nobody wants to vote for, say, Myers, who is the heavy favorite to start at C, and while a pretty up-and-down player, at least is out there a lot and gives us a lot of "up" play to help offset the "down" whereas Stokes has just been "down" for two straight seasons now. Or for that matter whine for multiple straight threads about Gary who again was at least out there all year and gave us lots of good play earlier.

What is this? Or "make it make sense" as the kids say.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

But @Labrev, didn’t you hear that Stokes looks better than ever?!? The coach said so!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I am voting for Valentine and Cooper. I think we are squarely in Valentine/Cooper/Stokes/Bullard area.

I will probably go:

1. Valentine
2. Cooper
3. Stokes
4. Bullard

I will then go for Myers after we are through with this group. I have no issue putting Myers below #22. Just as I have no issue putting Morgan or Rhyan below #26 even though one of them will be our starting RG.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What is absolutely crazy is the amount of players who have climbed from the previous year's poll compared to the number of players who have declined.

Very few players have declined which shows the immense turnover of this roster.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jun 2024 13:44
What is absolutely crazy is the amount of players who have climbed from the previous year's poll compared to the number of players who have declined.

Very few players have declined which shows the immense turnover of this roster.
With a max decline of -2 for the entire exercise.

Read More. Post Less.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

NCF wrote:
03 Jun 2024 14:35
Well Dillon is well beyond -2 and probably has several more spots to go before he goes.

But the lack of decliners probably has much to do with the roster turnover. The initial list of 20 required the entire list minus the last poll from last year to fill out, 29 players total, so 9 departures from last year's top 29.

But here we are, late to put starting rookies up. Looks like we think they are pretty good despite the turnover. :aok:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Waldo wrote:
03 Jun 2024 16:02
NCF wrote:
03 Jun 2024 14:35
Well Dillon is well beyond -2 and probably has several more spots to go before he goes.

But the lack of decliners probably has much to do with the roster turnover. The initial list of 20 required the entire list minus the last poll from last year to fill out, 29 players total, so 9 departures from last year's top 29.

But here we are, late to put starting rookies up. Looks like we think they are pretty good despite the turnover. :aok:
Yeah, Dillon is taking a big fall while it looks like Myers may take a little drop, too. This is about where Stokes went last year and it looks as if he's in the queue for a lot of voters now.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Bullard and Cooper are going to get 100% of the defensive snaps if healthy and they’re going behind players lucky to get 75%.
Cancelled by the forum elites.