Rank the Roster 2024: #25

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 09 Jun 2024 07:47

AJ Dillon
10%
TJ Slaton
7%
Kingsley Enagbare
3%
Jordan Morgan
28%
MarShawn Lloyd
7%
Carrington Valentine
28%
Karl Brooks
7%
Sean Rhyan
3%
Colby Wooden
3%
Ty'Ron Hopper
No votes
Evan Williams
No votes
Andre Dillard
3%
Sean Clifford
No votes
Isaiah McDuffie
No votes
Royce Newman
No votes
Jacob Monk
No votes
Kitan Oladapo
No votes
Travis Glover
No votes
Tyler Davis
No votes

Total votes: 29

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #25

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Jordan Love (53%)[+8]
2. Rashan Gary (36%)[+3]
3. Jaire Alexander (48%)[-2]
4. Zach Tom (27%)[+13]
5. Kenny Clark (33%)[-1]
6. Xavier McKinney (35%)[FA]
7. Elgton Jenkins (47%)[-1]
8. Josh Jacobs (43%)[FA]
9. Jayden Reed (36%)[+18]
10T. Christian Watson (24%)[-2]
10T. Dontayvion Wicks (24%)[+21]
12T. Preston Smith (27%)[-2]
12T. Devonte Wyatt (27%)[+4]
14. Quay Walker (40%)[--]
15. Luke Musgrave (28%)[+7]
16T. Romeo Doubs (26%)[-1]
16T. Lukas Van Ness (26%)[+2]
18. Keisean Nixon (25%)[-1]
19. Tucker Kraft (21%)[+12]
20. Rasheed Walker (32%)[+12]
21. Eric Stokes (28%)[+1]
22T. Javon Bullard (38%)[R]
22T. Edgerrin Cooper (38%)[R]
24. Josh Myers (27%)[-3]
25. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

First pick is on TJ Slaton, who is becoming a very similar player to Ryan Pickett. Last seasons stats were very similar to Pickett's stats with the Pack, a bit higher on the tackles. Definitely a lot more like Pickett than Howard Green. Pro-football-reference's AV formula, which attempts to put a single number to a players season to describe how important the player was that season (its used to calculate hall of fame worthiness) gave Slaton an AV of 7 last year, as high as Pickett ever got in his GB career (Kenny got an AV of 10 for last year, 2nd highest in his career, Wyatt got an AV of 3).

I want to get on the Valentine train here soon, but I think the RG needs to go first, and Dillard is my pick there. I think he's more likely to start than Morgan right away, but also by the end of the season Morgan will almost certainly be starting somewhere on the OL.
Last edited by Waldo on 08 Jun 2024 08:14, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Waldo wrote: I want to get on the Valentine train here soon, but I think the RG needs to go first, and Dillard is my pick there. I think he's more likely to start than Morgan right away,
@Yoop is not gonna be happy with you…

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

There’s a large group of players filling mostly backup roles for me here based upon a lot of unknowns and suppositions. RG, backup RB, backup CB, DL rotational player, backup LB.

I’m going with Dillon who I think remains primary RB2 and our no. 1 pick Jordan Morgan who I think cracks the starting lineup at some point, if not opening wknd at RG.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I’m going Valentine alone here

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Valentine and Rhyan here.

Valentine will play a lot and RG is Rhyans to lose.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Ain’t no way Jordan Morgan isn’t a starter somewhere along the line.

I also went with Brooks. The DL is going to be rotated a lot I feel in this scheme and the next man up should be Brooks.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Morgan and Lloyd.

I think Morgan starts somewhere or starts off sharing snaps like we did with several positions last year.

I think Lloyd is going to wind up with more snaps than AJ. We don't run our backs into the ground.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I vote Slaton for the reasons explained in the OP. Valentine, too. He was solid as a rookie and we are moving to a new coverage scheme that suits him a lot more than the Barry defense did. I don't think he'll ever be anything special but could be a really solid CB2-3 and that's still quite valuable. I have a bit more confidence in him at the moment than Stokes.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
08 Jun 2024 08:13
Waldo wrote: I want to get on the Valentine train here soon, but I think the RG needs to go first, and Dillard is my pick there. I think he's more likely to start than Morgan right away,
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I just think Morgan is more ready to play then most rookie OL man,, and While Dillard has more experience, he's not exactly produced to the slot used to draft him, I think Morgan will impress people more once we get into TC, we'll see.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Morgan and Valentine followed by Brooks. I think the reporting is correct on Dillard that he is a swing OT only. I don’t see him getting a sniff at OG. As much as Slaton has grown, he is also not a terrific scheme fit so I think his role will be decreased from previous seasons.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

1. Morgan
2. Valentine
3. Slaton
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Valentine and Brooks.

Valentine is 50-50 as a starter. And if Stokes starts, it is probable Valentine is the dime DB.

Brooks is not only in the rotation, he is first in the rotation and would start if either Clark or Wyatt gets hurt. I am not convinced that Wyatt is better than Brooks as IMO if you compare rookie seasons of Brooks and Wyatt, Brooks was better.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jun 2024 12:10
APB wrote:

I just think Morgan is more ready to play then most rookie OL man,, and While Dillard has more experience, he's not exactly produced to the slot used to draft him, I think Morgan will impress people more once we get into TC, we'll see.
You may be right about Morgan, but he is still a rookie and so I don't think he starts anywhere baring an injury. I see him as the swing OT. As far as Dillard, yes, he has been a disappointment at LT. He was drafted to be a LT and he has proven himself to be a great run blocker and a below average pass blocker as LT - he is not quick enough in space. IMO, he was born to be a RG.

Morgan is unfortunate enough that both OT and LG positions are already taken by competent starters. Only RG is not and that is probably Morgan's weakest position. Baring injury he does what every rookie who has a competent veteran ahead of him should do. Watch, learn, get stronger and wait until his second season. It doesn't matter that he is more ready to start than most rookie Olinemen, there is a competent young and improving LT ahead of him and pro bowl caliber veterans ahead of him at LG and RT.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

Ready to play…related to what? The common Joe coming out of college? He’s not competing for playing time over those guys. He is competing against established players who have talent and NFL starting experience over him.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
09 Jun 2024 03:11
Yoop wrote:
APB wrote:

You may be right about Morgan, but he is still a rookie and so I don't think he starts anywhere baring an injury. I see him as the swing OT. As far as Dillard, yes, he has been a disappointment at LT. He was drafted to be a LT and he has proven himself to be a great run blocker and a below average pass blocker as LT - he is not quick enough in space. IMO, he was born to be a RG.

Morgan is unfortunate enough that both OT and LG positions are already taken by competent starters. Only RG is not and that is probably Morgan's weakest position. Baring injury he does what every rookie who has a competent veteran ahead of him should do. Watch, learn, get stronger and wait until his second season. It doesn't matter that he is more ready to start than most rookie Olinemen, there is a competent young and improving LT ahead of him and pro bowl caliber veterans ahead of him at LG and RT.
the only OL man the staff didn't think we needed to improve upon in this draft class are Tom and Jenkins, even Monk has a opportunity to start, or rotate start snaps with Myers, same with Morgan and Walker.

OL is not a position where rookies tend to do well, I know that, but Morgan is no average rookie, and some do start thre rookie seasons

this by all reports is one of the best OL draft classes in ages, and Morgan is spoken of as one of the most ready to play in the class, why people discount those comments makes no sense to me, specially since it's been reported he has done well at every spot in these OTA's, the coaches like him, that usually means they will groom him to start quickly, we'll see.

imo one of best situations this line has been for years, Monk or Morgan, maybe Dillard could push Rhyans for RG spot as well.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
09 Jun 2024 07:54
Morgan is no average rookie
Why? He literally is an average rookie OT drafted in the mid-20's. If he was this generational plug-and-play prospect, we would not have had an opportunity to draft him. Unless Morgan wins a job at OG, I don't see him unseating Walker. At least not this season.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
09 Jun 2024 13:03
Yoop wrote:
Why? He literally is an average rookie OT drafted in the mid-20's. If he was this generational plug-and-play prospect, we would not have had an opportunity to draft him. Unless Morgan wins a job at OG, I don't see him unseating Walker. At least not this season.
I actually think Morgan is the definition of average rookie. Short arms. Lacks an elite strength. Pretty athletic and technically decent.

That said Dillard is the exact same and has been in the league going in 5 years and has done diddly poo and never played at OG. I would think voting for him here is not the best option.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
09 Jun 2024 13:03
Yoop wrote:
is he? or does this draft class make him seem average, most oliners taken in 12 years, I think thats the biggest reason people would consider him average, normal class and Morgan probably is gone in the teens.

I suppose I'am higher on Morgan because I thought more of him prior to the draft :aok:

Some say that the 2024 NFL Draft class had one of the strongest offensive line groups in recent years. Nine offensive linemen were selected in the first round, which is tied for the most in the last 12 draft classes. Eight of those nine are projected to start at tackle, which is also the most in that time period.

Walker's best blocking skill is "push wide and beat the rusher around the arc" thats it, if not for Loves outstanding adaptability of sensing the nascar, moving forward and to the left and firing darts to Reed &co. no telling how long he would have lasted, we can't just start players because Love makes them look good, are we going to ask Love to Carry players like we did wit da last QB :rotf: :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jun 2024 08:24
Walker's best blocking skill is "push wide and beat the rusher around the arc" thats it, if not for Loves outstanding adaptability of sensing the nascar, moving forward and to the left and firing darts to Reed &co. no telling how long he would have lasted, we can't just start players because Love makes them look good, are we going to ask Love to Carry players like we did wit da last QB
Maybe your excitement for Morgan is just, but I do think you are underestimating Walker. He improved night and day from the beginning of the season to the end and does a lot more than you are giving him credit for.

Read More. Post Less.