Rank the Roster 2024: #25

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 09 Jun 2024 07:47

AJ Dillon
10%
TJ Slaton
7%
Kingsley Enagbare
3%
Jordan Morgan
28%
MarShawn Lloyd
7%
Carrington Valentine
28%
Karl Brooks
7%
Sean Rhyan
3%
Colby Wooden
3%
Ty'Ron Hopper
No votes
Evan Williams
No votes
Andre Dillard
3%
Sean Clifford
No votes
Isaiah McDuffie
No votes
Royce Newman
No votes
Jacob Monk
No votes
Kitan Oladapo
No votes
Travis Glover
No votes
Tyler Davis
No votes

Total votes: 29

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

There is absolutely no need to unseat Walker from LT1 with the play he's giving you there. The job is his to lose, and if he picks up where he left off last year, he won't lose it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
10 Jun 2024 08:51
Yoop wrote:
10 Jun 2024 08:24
Walker's best blocking skill is "push wide and beat the rusher around the arc" thats it, if not for Loves outstanding adaptability of sensing the nascar, moving forward and to the left and firing darts to Reed &co. no telling how long he would have lasted, we can't just start players because Love makes them look good, are we going to ask Love to Carry players like we did wit da last QB
Maybe your excitement for Morgan is just, but I do think you are underestimating Walker. He improved night and day from the beginning of the season to the end and does a lot more than you are giving him credit for.

thing is NCF what exactly in those four clips impressed you?

the first was a hit to the face mask that he could have been called on, 2 was simply getting in front of Donald as he adjusted to the run, 3 was a good run block on the back side lber, nice but nothing special, 4 just a powerful head slap, nice, but again nothing special.

to me thats why we drafted a higher ceiling tackle, we want special, and Walker doesn't show that to me, can he be better then Morgan given more time? I very much am in doubt of that :mrgreen:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I know it’s only four snaps but everything about those clips impressed the hell out of me. Not sure you can ask for anything more.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
10 Jun 2024 13:37
I know it’s only four snaps but everything about those clips impressed the hell out of me. Not sure you can ask for anything more.
I know I'am projecting that Morgan is better and will show it, it is possible that Gute and crew simply saw high floor and ability to play or start at 3 different positions, and the jack of all trades cliche fits, that very well could be.

I also have to admit that hype has played a determining factor for me, just reading many positive opinions, comments about most ready to play, very deep class, actually does push good ones into range, I really believe that, even though often some are over drafted, but usually from a weaker class ( blind side tackle is a premium position)

this article from the 2nd day of the draft from Acme explains some thinking about Morgan, the part where Belichek says he's a LT, the part about Toms moving to center, both Myers and Rhyan becoming back ups, this, the next reshuffle of the OL, nothing we havn't heard before, but 2400 snaps at LT for Arizona, 2 sacks caught my eye, imo thats special :aok: :banana:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024 ... -positions

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jun 2024 13:03
NCF wrote:
10 Jun 2024 08:51
Yoop wrote:
10 Jun 2024 08:24
Walker's best blocking skill is "push wide and beat the rusher around the arc" thats it, if not for Loves outstanding adaptability of sensing the nascar, moving forward and to the left and firing darts to Reed &co. no telling how long he would have lasted, we can't just start players because Love makes them look good, are we going to ask Love to Carry players like we did wit da last QB
Maybe your excitement for Morgan is just, but I do think you are underestimating Walker. He improved night and day from the beginning of the season to the end and does a lot more than you are giving him credit for.
thing is NCF what exactly in those four clips impressed you?

the first was a hit to the face mask that he could have been called on, 2 was simply getting in front of Donald as he adjusted to the run, 3 was a good run block on the back side lber, nice but nothing special, 4 just a powerful head slap, nice, but again nothing special.

to me thats why we drafted a higher ceiling tackle, we want special, and Walker doesn't show that to me, can he be better then Morgan given more time? I very much am in doubt of that :mrgreen:
Special? What do you need, a pancake on every play?? :lol:

I don’t need special, I want someone who gets the job done and Walker does just that. Morgan may eventually succeed him but Walker has proven plenty serviceable and capable right now.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Walker is a 7th round home run. He played for Penn St not the little sisters of the poor, and now has a year as a starter and two years in the O. He's the LT. Morgan will have to grab Newman's spot.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I think we also forget that Walker was a way higher talent but slid bc of some stupid antics.

He's the LT in 2024 I'll take that bet also

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
10 Jun 2024 16:40
Walker is a 7th round home run. He played for Penn St not the little sisters of the poor, and now has a year as a starter and two years in the O. He's the LT. Morgan will have to grab Newman's spot.
he dropped because he is inconsistent and had a ton of tech issues, he did improve as the season went along.

I can't wrap my head around using slot 25 on anyone but a future LT when it comes to OL, I could see him at RT or RG this year, but even those positions imho are day 2 picks, however if the coaches are convinced that Tom should play center ( another iffy that doesn't really jive with me) then Morgan at RT while slightly over drafted makes sense, to me this would be the best run blocking unit we've had since the Sitton and Lang combo years.

Walker Jenkins Tom Rhyan and Morgan

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
10 Jun 2024 21:32
I think we also forget that Walker was a way higher talent but slid bc of some stupid antics.

the guy should have driven nascar for a living, he's got the go fast and turn left gig down pat :rotf: plus he's a waist bender :rotf:

I admit to be impressed with his improvement as the season progressed last year, never actually looked into his pre draft hype :aok:

not with standing losing Bakhtiari this looks to be the best bunch of Oliners we've had in years.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
12 Jun 2024 13:13
Backthepack4ever wrote:
10 Jun 2024 21:32

the guy should have driven nascar for a living, he's got the go fast and turn left gig down pat :rotf: plus he's a waist bender :rotf:

I admit to be impressed with his improvement as the season progressed last year, never actually looked into his pre draft hype :aok:

not with standing losing Bakhtiari this looks to be the best bunch of Oliners we've had in years.
I still dont think this is a pretty average OL. Center in my opinion is a hole and RG is a relative unknown. Walker looks above average at best at LT which is perfectly fine for where we got him and what hes being paid. Morgan is an unknown.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Yoop wrote:
12 Jun 2024 13:07
Cdragon wrote:
10 Jun 2024 16:40
he dropped because he is inconsistent and had a ton of tech issues, he did improve as the season went along.

I can't wrap my head around using slot 25 on anyone but a future LT when it comes to OL, I could see him at RT or RG this year, but even those positions imho are day 2 picks, however if the coaches are convinced that Tom should play center ( another iffy that doesn't really jive with me) then Morgan at RT while slightly over drafted makes sense, to me this would be the best run blocking unit we've had since the Sitton and Lang combo years.

Walker Jenkins Tom Rhyan and Morgan
Gute's new strategy seems to be finding quality through quantity. He's got 4 or 5 guys who can play T. He's got at least 3 guys who can play C. It worked with the WRs and TEs. He is overloading positions. Draft position doesn't matter after you get the guy, other than how many chances he gets to succeed. Now he has to beat out somebody. You're not just going to hand him the spot. Two years from now, maybe he's the left tackle but for now him taking the RG spot would be enough.