Rank the Roster 2024: #24

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 06 Jun 2024 20:02

AJ Dillon
3%
Josh Myers
27%
TJ Slaton
13%
Kingsley Enagbare
3%
Jordan Morgan
23%
MarShawn Lloyd
3%
Carrington Valentine
17%
Karl Brooks
10%
Sean Rhyan
No votes
Colby Wooden
No votes
Ty'Ron Hopper
No votes
Evan Williams
No votes
Andre Dillard
No votes
Sean Clifford
No votes
Isaiah McDuffie
No votes
Royce Newman
No votes
Jacob Monk
No votes
Kitan Oladapo
No votes
Travis Glover
No votes
Tyler Davis
No votes

Total votes: 30

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2024: #24

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2024 Edition

1. Jordan Love (53%)[+8]
2. Rashan Gary (36%)[+3]
3. Jaire Alexander (48%)[-2]
4. Zach Tom (27%)[+13]
5. Kenny Clark (33%)[-1]
6. Xavier McKinney (35%)[FA]
7. Elgton Jenkins (47%)[-1]
8. Josh Jacobs (43%)[FA]
9. Jayden Reed (36%)[+18]
10T. Christian Watson (24%)[-2]
10T. Dontayvion Wicks (24%)[+21]
12T. Preston Smith (27%)[-2]
12T. Devonte Wyatt (27%)[+4]
14. Quay Walker (40%)[--]
15. Luke Musgrave (28%)[+7]
16T. Romeo Doubs (26%)[-1]
16T. Lukas Van Ness (26%)[+2]
18. Keisean Nixon (25%)[-1]
19. Tucker Kraft (21%)[+12]
20. Rasheed Walker (32%)[+12]
21. Eric Stokes (28%)[+1]
22T. Javon Bullard (38%)[R]
22T. Edgerrin Cooper (38%)[R]
24. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2023 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2023
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Its beyond time to put up the #2 RB, who I expect to accumulate several hundred yards and a few touchdowns, however...

Myers isn't THAT terrible at C. He plays every offensive snap. I'll put a pick on him.

And Slaton puts in the work in the trenches, outsnapping the #2 RB by a mile. Doesn't do much behind the line of scrimmage, but he's a solid wall in the middle, frees up the other guys to make plays, while also leading the DT's in tackles per snap.

Getting close to the point where guys added to the list are marginal to make the roster.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Filling out the Oline. Myers and Morgan.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I want to put Valentine, Brooks, and Wooden all together.

I'm hopeful on Morgan and Myers. But just because they are likely starters this year, doesn't make them better than those 3. I'm pretty excited for those 3.
RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I went with Valentine and Brooks. It was a difficult choice between Brooks, Myers and Engabare. And yes, I fully expect that Smith will be the 4th best edge rusher this season. 32 is old for that position and 8.5 sacks, mostly cleanup, last season is "in decline". By contrast, Gary, Van Ness and Engabare often dominate their blocker.

Brooks as a rookie last year as a rookie had a phenomenal season and it would not surprise me if he rather than Wyatt is the starter by mid season. At he least, he will be in a rotation with a lot of snaps. TJ of course is a good run stuffer but he does not get pressure like the other 3 interior Dlinemen and I don't see him as being on the field except in very short yardage situations.

Valentine vs Stokes is a good question, toss a coin.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Myers and the no. 2 RB who I expect to be Dillon.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Morgan and Valentine. Brooks, Myers and Enagbare on deck.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I also need to think about slotting McDuffie and Rhyan pretty soon, here. They are both non-preferred starters (for the time being), but I think they will both have big roles to play this season.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I still believe Morgan will beat out Walker at LT, might not be game one, possibly we'll see in game rotations between the two to hash this out, but Morgan has to much upside, to high a floor not to play, draft guru's that said he's amongst the most ready to play know what there talking about.

number 2 spot is a real toss up, but Myers will probably remain the starter at center so I'll give it to him

Loyd on deck, just offers a lot more then Dillon as a RB, unless he has trouble picking up the blocking assignments Dillon will get very few snaps

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

OP persuades me, Myers and Slaton.

Next up, Morgan and Rhyan. I don't think Morgan will start if Walker and Tom are healthy, but OL6 still sees the field a lot and he will probably be the first one off the bench. Ryan looks primed to start at RG.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I’m going Valentine and Myers.

Valentine as someone who will likely start a goodly portion of the year at a premium position and has the athletic ability and early film to reasonably expect that he might take a big time jump (or might not).

Myers as the last highly-likely full time starter with enough competence to not be seen as in urgent need of benching.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Looks like Myers won #24. Can't argue with it, hope he has the best season of his career.

So now we have Valentine, Brooks and Engabare as proven backups who could start or at least be in a heavy rotation on D.

And a hole at RG that someone will have to earn as no one did that last season even though Rhyan had the chance to earn it. My bet is Dillard, who was drafted in the 1st round in 2019, is 28 years old and started 10 games last season. He has mostly been an OT but listen to this evaluation:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

TheSkeptic wrote:
08 Jun 2024 02:09
Looks like Myers won #24. Can't argue with it, hope he has the best season of his career.

So now we have Valentine, Brooks and Engabare as proven backups who could start or at least be in a heavy rotation on D.

And a hole at RG that someone will have to earn as no one did that last season even though Rhyan had the chance to earn it. My bet is Dillard, who was drafted in the 1st round in 2019, is 28 years old and started 10 games last season. He has mostly been an OT but listen to this evaluation:
I tend to agree that Dillard will be part of the starting 5. TBH he was a total unknown to me, I missed that they signed him right before the draft. First noticed in camp reports where he was part of the starting OL.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Total Bull &%$@ that Valentine is not higher on this list. Even Jaire said he played like a top tier CB. You guys got this one wrong.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Waldo wrote:
08 Jun 2024 07:46
I tend to agree that Dillard will be part of the starting 5.
I really don't envision that happening. I think Dillard projects as a veteran swing tackle and competition for Caleb Jones now that Nijman is out.
Luke Tenuta is RT- only so he's not a swing tackle candidate per the coaches comments from last season.
OT depth chart is likely: Walker, Tom, Morgan, Jones/Dillard, Tenuta and not sure where Glover slots.

The Titans had a ton of problems on the OL last year, enough problems that they selected Brian Callahan as HC and his famous OL guru father, Bill, to coach their line in 2024. Hopefully Steno and Butkus will help Dillard work on his technique and see if he can be more consistent

One note on the video linked above, overall its well done. Thx for posting. However - some of the negative comments on Dillard are off base because of the way the Packers teach their OL to fire their hands second, not first. Dillard's got plenty to clean up on his technique...but he does have the requisite physique & experience for the role.
IT. IS. TIME