Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I hate QB's.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
10 Apr 2024 13:18
CWIMM wrote:
10 Apr 2024 04:05
NCF wrote:
09 Apr 2024 08:57
Nah, I don't think he did struggle against the Steelers. His stats don't look good, but the tape told a different story. He was put in a hole by the defense and threw one bad 4th quarter pass that he would love to have back. The second INT was on the last play of the game from the PIT 16, so what are you going to do? The INT, earlier, intended for Watson was on 2nd down. Can't do that. Of course, both of those potential game winning drives in the 4th quarter might have gone differently if Carlson had not missed another XP and we would have been down only 3 and could have settled for a game tying FG in either instance.
Love only completed half of his passes vs. the Steelers and had some bad throws in that game as well. He completely turned it around starting the following week though.
I was at that Steelers game.

You could see Jordan was a different player that game. He made some incredible throws that went for both big gains and incompletions. The simple stat line doesn't tell the story. That is the game, in my mind, when things started to click for Jordan Love and the entire offense.
Yeah it's always cool being at the game. When I rewatched the TV copy of the Falcons game, Love looked way better on the TV copy the first half than he did in person.

In person, it looked to me like the WRs were making the plays but the TV copy showed some really nice throws from Jordan.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

APB wrote:
You could see Jordan was a different player that game. He made some incredible throws that went for both big gains and incompletions. The simple stat line doesn't tell the story. That is the game, in my mind, when things started to click for Jordan Love and the entire offense.
I might have to watch that game once again. I can only remember that I didn't get the impression that he turned it around during that one.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

CWIMM wrote:
11 Apr 2024 03:16
APB wrote:
I might have to watch that game once again. I can only remember that I didn't get the impression that he turned it around during that one.
I remember being kind of "meh" at the end because of the INT's but actually thinking throughout the game that this was the best that Love looked since the 4th quarter against the Saints.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Contract talk?

Kind of a Polarizing discussion. IMO the Packers should probably try hard to negotiate a deal before start of the regular season. I am guessing it would be probably Goff type money. Honestly, if Love comes out and starts lighting it up (which we all hope and somewhat expect) it's just going to cost the Packers more. He would then reset the Market and his agent would be dumb not to ask for 60 mil/yr.

I understand other posters takes on why they don't like it, but honestly, I am mostly convinced he is that guy and waiting probably isn't in the best interest of anyone. And really it has only been basically a half a season of good QBing, but its enough for me. The crazy truth is that after the first half of last season I would have called myself nuts.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The last 10 games of the 2023 season, Jordan Love led the NFL in passing.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/jordan ... t-10-games

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
25 May 2024 12:20

That's a crazy stat line. Too bad he crumbled at the end of the SF game, probably would have had over 100 rating there too. But hopefully that was a learning experience that will propel him to the next level!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Acrobat wrote:
28 May 2024 15:14
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

That's a crazy stat line. Too bad he crumbled at the end of the SF game, probably would have had over 100 rating there too. But hopefully that was a learning experience that will propel him to the next level!
It hurt at the time, but for the youngest team in the history of the NFL to win a playoff game and then to get bounced in a close game by a team that went to the SB is nothing to mourn about.

Particularly because the Packers lost because of dropped interceptions by a position that has been substantially upgraded in the offseason.

Love is everything we hoped he would become. Now we just have to hope he is not money greedy and would rather have SB rings and a legacy than money for his grandchildren to waste 50 years from now.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

TheSkeptic wrote:
29 May 2024 03:40
Acrobat wrote:
28 May 2024 15:14
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

It hurt at the time, but for the youngest team in the history of the NFL to win a playoff game and then to get bounced in a close game by a team that went to the SB is nothing to mourn about.

Particularly because the Packers lost because of dropped interceptions by a position that has been substantially upgraded in the offseason.

Love is everything we hoped he would become. Now we just have to hope he is not money greedy and would rather have SB rings and a legacy than money for his grandchildren to waste 50 years from now.
Agreed. I'm more thinking in the grand scheme, we might look back at Love's 4th quarter collapse and say "glad he learned that lesson because he's so clutch now".

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

FWIW, I am starting to wonder if Jordan Love is becoming one of the best passers of the football that we've seen since, oh, maybe Aaron Rodgers. All seriousness, I saw some things in his arm ability last year that truly looked special. That's what MLF and others said about him coming out of college. The arm talent has been there. Now, he's combining that with the knowledge of our offense and his increased ability to read the defenses. He knows how and where to throw the ball and his body and the ball itself OBEY.

Really looking forward to this year for him. Improvement, especially as his relationship with teammates increases. And then add more game management skills. Just thinking this will be a Wow year. Even better than last.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Scott4Pack wrote:
16 Jun 2024 10:11
FWIW, I am starting to wonder if Jordan Love is becoming one of the best passers of the football that we've seen since, oh, maybe Aaron Rodgers. All seriousness, I saw some things in his arm ability last year that truly looked special. That's what MLF and others said about him coming out of college. The arm talent has been there. Now, he's combining that with the knowledge of our offense and his increased ability to read the defenses. He knows how and where to throw the ball and his body and the ball itself OBEY.

Really looking forward to this year for him. Improvement, especially as his relationship with teammates increases. And then add more game management skills. Just thinking this will be a Wow year. Even better than last.
That and if he can improve his deep ball (maybe his Watson in stride), that would be huge.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

when we look at the probable length of contract, I'am hearing 5 years, at 60M = 300M compared to 5 years at 55M = 275M, it seems prudent to be sure, while 25M is a lot of money, the signing bonus, and Guaranteed money dwarfs that, sometimes saving a buck cost more in the long term.

I'am pretty sure Love is the real deal, and will play smarter under extreme pressure then that last throw against the NIners, I expect as others said, he'll grow from that, but why not just wait and see, it's only 25 million dollars, less then 2 game checks, chump change :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

this money now is beyond my comprehension :thwap:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jun 2024 13:20
when we look at the probable length of contract, I'am hearing 5 years, at 60M = 300M compared to 5 years at 55M = 275M, it seems prudent to be sure, while 25M is a lot of money, the signing bonus, and Guaranteed money dwarfs that, sometimes saving a buck cost more in the long term.

I'am pretty sure Love is the real deal, and will play smarter under extreme pressure then that last throw against the NIners, I expect as others said, he'll grow from that, but why not just wait and see, it's only 25 million dollars, less then 2 game checks, chump change :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

this money now is beyond my comprehension :thwap:
Love is charging around $160 for an autograph. Rodgers' autograph soared to around $500 after Super Bowl 45. This money is now beyond my comprehension as well. :thwap:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Love apparently got engaged this weekend.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Jun 2024 19:37
Did he ask for a prenuptial? :dunno: OR is she worth money too? :idn:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

MY_TAKE wrote:
23 Jun 2024 19:45
lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Jun 2024 19:37
Did he ask for a prenuptial? :dunno: OR is she worth money too? :idn:
I doubt it. They’ve been together four years now. She’s been his biggest supporter and, from what you see on social media, is a great match for him. She’s funny, outgoing, and very likable as opposed to Jordan’s reserved personality.

Oh, and she’s gorgeous.

With this announcement, I also suspect we’ll hear about a new contract very soon.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
24 Jun 2024 07:44
With this announcement, I also suspect we’ll hear about a new contract very soon.
Yup.

And I'm hoping its gonna be a 2-ring year for young Love :mrgreen:
IT. IS. TIME

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NCF wrote:
24 Jun 2024 05:15
And she's doing her best Bears imitation? All that crying...

;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

If the league just lost 4 - 12 billion on the Sunday Ticket lawsuit, how is anyone going to throw cash at the QB if the cap is going to crash?