Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Cdragon wrote:
27 Jun 2024 21:14
If the league just lost 4 - 12 billion on the Sunday Ticket lawsuit, how is anyone going to throw cash at the QB if the cap is going to crash?
This will make things interesting. Especially timing because the NFL will immediately appeal. This case has already gone on for 9 years and this decision didn't really cement anything.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

The Packers have a reserve fund for emergencies and its currently north of $ 550 Million.
That cash stash is completely separate from any cap dollars, TV money or local revenue. The Packers are fine & Love's deal isn't impacted by the latest court case
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
13 Jul 2024 20:05
4 or even 5 legit WR's he could have named on our own roster and still goes with Romeo Doubs. That QB-WR connection is a funny thing sometimes.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
14 Jul 2024 11:41
BF004 wrote:
13 Jul 2024 20:05
4 or even 5 legit WR's he could have named on our own roster and still goes with Romeo Doubs. That QB-WR connection is a funny thing sometimes.
My main takeaway. Many thinking Doubs gonna be WR4, but he’s probably most likely to lead the team in snaps and receptions.

Something about just being available and reliable, even if he doesn’t have any of the top end traits the other 3 do. He gunna get his.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Considering we are 5 deep at WR and possibly even 6 if somehow there is a leap from Grant Dubose, to include Musgrave and Kraft.
You could straight up run an incredibly high tempo offense and test a defenses conditioning.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Will the Packers have a 1,000 yard reciever this year?

I believe Reed has the best chance but with 7 legitimate receivers (not including running back)...there is a world where I could see 4 guys in that 800 - 1,000 yards territory and the rest of the group filling in that 300 - 700 range.

Gonna be wild.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jul 2024 08:39

I believe Reed has the best chance but with 7 legitimate receivers (not including running back)...there is a world where I could see 4 guys in that 800 - 1,000 yards territory and the rest of the group filling in that 300 - 700 range.

Gonna be wild.
many feel your best receiver is the guy with the most yards, however, we here at the Huddle, and other forums and places with knowledgeable fan ( tongue in cheek) know that it is the receiver that does the most to keep his offense on the field, often that is your slot receiver rather then the boundary guys with more total yards.

Reed gets open in phone booth, and he'll also produce the most first down catches, just a guess on my part, agree 4 receivers with 800 yrds each will be very good.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

go pak go wrote:

Gonna be wild.
I have no idea. I can make a case/argument that anyone of Doubs, Watson, Reed or Wicks could be a 1000 yard receiver. I think your second thought is probably right, especially since the tight ends and RB's will vulture their fair share of receptions also. I think that is just fine.

In the words of Bart Scott " Can't Wait"!!!!!!!!!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MY_TAKE wrote:
15 Jul 2024 09:37
go pak go wrote:

Gonna be wild.
I have no idea. I can make a case/argument that anyone of Doubs, Watson, Reed or Wicks could be a 1000 yard receiver. I think your second thought is probably right, especially since the tight ends and RB's will vulture their fair share of receptions also. I think that is just fine.

In the words of Bart Scott " Can't Wait"!!!!!!!!!
I think you will see more 100+ yard games from various recievers but it will kind of be a new "flavor of the week"

Meaning Doubs will have his game, Melton will have his, Watson will have his, etc.

And that is exactly what we want.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Unless we have some long term injury at the WR position I think it is a lock that one of these guys ends up having 1000 yards. I would think actually 1200 yards and 80 catches is more in line. I'm not sure who it will be but I think someone comes out as the dominant WR you go to in clutch situations.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jul 2024 14:43
Considering we are 5 deep at WR and possibly even 6 if somehow there is a leap from Grant Dubose, to include Musgrave and Kraft.
You could straight up run an incredibly high tempo offense and test a defenses conditioning.
Always been a thing on the DL to attack relentlessly with fresh guys.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Waldo wrote:
15 Jul 2024 14:16
lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jul 2024 14:43
Always been a thing on the DL to attack relentlessly with fresh guys.
Fritz's DL platooning at the playoff game at 3-COM on Jan 6. 1996 is the gold standard. Reggie said "we need everybody today".

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So every NFL team about to lose 400+ million dollars from the Sunday ticket thing.

Any way it makes sense to drag this out and let this number get built into future salary cap expectation vs doing it now?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
16 Jul 2024 18:15
So every NFL team about to lose 400+ million dollars from the Sunday ticket thing.

Any way it makes sense to drag this out and let this number get built into future salary cap expectation vs doing it now?
Is it really official yet? I’m still not understanding the lawsuit. Like the NFL overcharged for an exclusive product? If this is the case any company with a product that lacks competition is about to be sued for overpricing their products.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Jul 2024 20:49
BF004 wrote:

Is it really official yet? I’m still not understanding the lawsuit. Like the NFL overcharged for an exclusive product? If this is the case any company with a product that lacks competition is about to be sued for overpricing their products.
It will be stuck in the courts for a decade. Florio is not everyone, but he always does a great job breaking down legal jargon.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
17 Jul 2024 07:48
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

It will be stuck in the courts for a decade. Florio is not everyone, but he always does a great job breaking down legal jargon.

I did Sunday ticket for 2 years, then we started getting almost every game telecast from local provider, in or out of local market.

it was outrageously expensive, about 300.00 if memory serves and that was about 25 years ago, it was either pay that, or go to the pub, or watch the PGA, so basically I didn't have many options if I wanted to enjoy watching all the Packer games in the comfort of my living room.

I have doubts the teams will ever have to pay this back, no one forced me to pay for it, did they gouge me? U bet, but who doesn't, that seems to be the way this kind of stuff works, if it's new, in high demand, then bend over buster your gonna pay plenty for it.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Its a damn shame the Packers won't spend on weapons for Love (tee hee)

How much each #NFL team will spend on their wide receivers in 2024.
Also included; what percentage of a team's total spending is taken up by WRs.

Highest % Allocated:

∙ #Seahawks → 22.94%
∙ #Dolphins → 22.23%
∙ #49ers → 20.21%

Lowest % Allocated:

∙ #Packers → 5.35%
∙ #Saints → 5.80%
∙ #Steelers → 5.80%

IT. IS. TIME

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

More than likely the fines will be rolled back and the NFL will be forced to provide a pathway to per game and per team pricing. The issue is using their monopoly to force the purchase of Sunday Ticket.

Honestly I think they'll make way more money that way anyway. They way the out of market fan gets the shaft is truly absurd for the 2020's, this is some 1970's crap that costs the NFL fans and subscriptions.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Waldo wrote:
17 Jul 2024 22:18
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

More than likely the fines will be rolled back and the NFL will be forced to provide a pathway to per game and per team pricing. The issue is using their monopoly to force the purchase of Sunday Ticket.

Honestly I think they'll make way more money that way anyway. They way the out of market fan gets the shaft is truly absurd for the 2020's, this is some 1970's crap that costs the NFL fans and subscriptions.
I agree completely.

Living in Virginia, I'd gladly pay for a Packers/NFC North package that was reasonable. Instead, the league said screw you non-local fans, stuck with it's all-or-nothing overpriced Sunday Ticket and motivated me to find...alternative...viewing options that were MUCH more affordable.

Screw them. Sorry, not sorry.