Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

APB wrote:
19 Jul 2024 08:31
Waldo wrote:
17 Jul 2024 22:18
lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Jul 2024 20:49

Is it really official yet? I’m still not understanding the lawsuit. Like the NFL overcharged for an exclusive product? If this is the case any company with a product that lacks competition is about to be sued for overpricing their products.
More than likely the fines will be rolled back and the NFL will be forced to provide a pathway to per game and per team pricing. The issue is using their monopoly to force the purchase of Sunday Ticket.

Honestly I think they'll make way more money that way anyway. They way the out of market fan gets the shaft is truly absurd for the 2020's, this is some 1970's crap that costs the NFL fans and subscriptions.
I agree completely.

Living in Virginia, I'd gladly pay for a Packers/NFC North package that was reasonable. Instead, the league said screw you non-local fans, stuck with it's all-or-nothing overpriced Sunday Ticket and motivated me to find...alternative...viewing options that were MUCH more affordable.

Screw them. Sorry, not sorry.
This problem gets especially acute the younger you go. It really was a "screw the future" cash grab and little else. Not a whole lot of 20-somthings subscribe to Sunday ticket.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Waldo wrote:
19 Jul 2024 08:56
APB wrote:
19 Jul 2024 08:31
Waldo wrote:
17 Jul 2024 22:18

More than likely the fines will be rolled back and the NFL will be forced to provide a pathway to per game and per team pricing. The issue is using their monopoly to force the purchase of Sunday Ticket.

Honestly I think they'll make way more money that way anyway. They way the out of market fan gets the shaft is truly absurd for the 2020's, this is some 1970's crap that costs the NFL fans and subscriptions.
I agree completely.

Living in Virginia, I'd gladly pay for a Packers/NFC North package that was reasonable. Instead, the league said screw you non-local fans, stuck with it's all-or-nothing overpriced Sunday Ticket and motivated me to find...alternative...viewing options that were MUCH more affordable.

Screw them. Sorry, not sorry.
This problem gets especially acute the younger you go. It really was a "screw the future" cash grab and little else. Not a whole lot of 20-somthings subscribe to Sunday ticket.
They don't. They go to the local bar who subscribes to Sunday Ticket and they give their money to them instead of the NFL. I don't understand how the NFL overlooks that as they try to stick their hands in every piggy bank. I believe the rate for commercial accounts, like bars, is higher than it is for residential accounts, but still, they cannot be making their money back on that.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I will also say that the NFL has seemingly catered to me, a bit, as a MN resident who watches the Packers. It used to be Sunday Ticket was a must because, you know, every game was on Sunday and the Vikings would get the priority more often than not. In recent years between all the new TV packages and flex scheduling, I bet there are only 2-3 games that I will not have access to in my home. Might not be that way for you VA residents, but it has helped me.

If I had it my way, I would gladly pay to watch the Packers only and would prefer every game on a Sunday at noon like it used to be.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

How much would people be willing to pay?

I was able to cancel my subscription for Sunday and re-sign back up to get the new customer $100 off (can't believe they let me do that)

So I paid $376 for the season. But then I also pay I believe $150 or something for NFL Plus for rewatches and preseason games.

I like the idea of a "Division Package" and I also wished everything was on one platform. I hate that I will have NFL Plus, Sunday Ticket, ESPN, Amazon and NFL Network just to watch all the games this year. That is honestly absolutely insane. 5 subscriptions so I can ensure I watch all 20 games in addition to a local TV antenna.

I would be very happy to pay $250 for an NFC North Package that gives access to all games for each team in the division August - February (both LIVE and Replay). I bet a lot of fans would. You could do $250 for the division or $350 for the league.

But the NFL must think their nickle and diming brings in more revenue. :idn:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
19 Jul 2024 09:24
I will also say that the NFL has seemingly catered to me, a bit, as a MN resident who watches the Packers. It used to be Sunday Ticket was a must because, you know, every game was on Sunday on the Vikings would get the priority more often than not. In recent years between all the new TV packages and flex scheduling, I bet there are only 2-3 games that I will not have access to in my home. Might not be that way for you VA residents, but it has helped me.

If I had it my way, I would gladly pay to watch the Packers only and would prefer every game on a Sunday at noon like it used to be.
Yeah Packers have done very, very well in Vikings TV land. Combination of many more TV slots and also the pure success of the Packers putting them in Primetime a ridiculous amount.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I have had today marked in my head for weeks as the day Jordan's extension is announced. The Friday news dump and with training camp opening on Monday, it seems like a good way to do everything at the same time for the Packers leadership. I will keep hitting Twitter refresh waiting for the news to drop, but I still have a good gut feeling today is the day.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The rumor mill believes it is hinging on guaranteed money outside of signing bonus.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
19 Jul 2024 12:48
I have had today marked in my head for weeks as the day Jordan's extension is announced. The Friday news dump and with training camp opening on Monday, it seems like a good way to do everything at the same time for the Packers leadership. I will keep hitting Twitter refresh waiting for the news to drop, but I still have a good gut feeling today is the day.
Would be a weird time to drop it on a Friday. For news and publicity purposes it makes the most sense to drop the news Sunday so we are the buzz on Monday.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

I expected the signing by 25th,
Big money first 2-3 years then cap friendly last couple?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

JKB wrote:
23 Jul 2024 14:24
As shareholders........can we impeach Gutey for this mishap? New nickname ---> GUTEFRUST (frust = frustration). GUTEFRUST. Book it! :thwap:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Jul 2024 06:25
JKB wrote:
As shareholders........can we impeach Gutey for this mishap? New nickname ---> GUTEFRUST (frust = frustration). GUTEFRUST. Book it! :thwap:
Only if you change your profile name to "Cap'n Overreact"... ;)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

All the people complaining Gute is taking too long and just PAY THE MAN will be the same people who complain that Gute paid too much when the deal is finally signed.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
JKB wrote:
No, we can not impeach him... and you don't get to suggest any more nicknames. AND you are banned from Dimpus Burger.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jul 2024 08:17
All the people complaining Gute is taking too long and just PAY THE MAN will be the same people who complain that Gute paid too much when the deal is finally signed.

OMG, you are calling out almost the entire football fan base, I new you where a segregationist :rotf:

thats just reality it seems, most fans are natural complainers

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I admit, I do lean more toward the "just pay the man" side of this negotiation. Love was the good soldier for three years, learned his craft, basically took a "prove it" 5th year option, and then went out and did just that. Love didn't play hard ball and, instead, bet on himself...and won. Pay the man.

Side note: For what it's worth, I do think Love's contract will "reset the market" as far as agent contractual talk is concerned but will also include some sort of break or safety net for the Packers organization. That's just the way the Packers seem to operate.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
24 Jul 2024 09:27
I admit, I do lean more toward the "just pay the man" side of this negotiation. Love was the good soldier for three years, learned his craft, basically took a "prove it" 5th year option, and then went out and did just that. Love didn't play hard ball and, instead, bet on himself...and won. Pay the man.

Side note: For what it's worth, I do think Love's contract will "reset the market" as far as agent contractual talk is concerned but will also include some sort of break or safety net for the Packers organization. That's just the way the Packers seem to operate.
Yeah absolutely pay the man. But as you stated, it needs to be tied to performance and Packers protections. We have such a small sample size of performance. So I am thinking the Packers wants the money to come based on personal and team performance.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I think JKB nailed, all about signing bonus and guaranteed money, Love like all players, want a lot up front, and a large portion guaranteed, to me thats the sticking point.

I think it will be done by the weekend

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
24 Jul 2024 09:27
I expect Packers will go a bit outside of what they usually do. But all in all, will look good for us in the long run. Dak's contract, I expect to be nuts and truely reset the market. If it ever happens.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:
24 Jul 2024 08:21
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
JKB wrote:
No, we can not impeach him... and you don't get to suggest any more nicknames. AND you are banned from Dimpus Burger.
LoL.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Let's just say this. I am not in favor of the Packers Brass just acquiescing to a contract that is 5 years $275 million fully guaranteed. I am 100% confident that is the the starting point of Love's camp, and there is nothing wrong with that. There is just no way I want Gutekunst to just give him what he wants. While Love was the good soldier for 3 years, he also wasn't ready for those 3 years and if he was in Jacksonville he would be holding a clipboard today, at best. Give Love 5 years at $260 million with 70% guaranteed.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."