All Remaining TCs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
30 Jul 2024 20:23
go pak go wrote:
30 Jul 2024 19:51
wallyuwl wrote:
30 Jul 2024 17:53

The kicking comp isn't too close to call. It will be handed to Carlson, just like last year.
Yeah 87.5% make rate is definitely undeserving. :roll:
91.7% is more bigly of a percent than 87.5%.

But the point is that it doesn't matter. Carlson could go 60% yhe rest of camp and he will be given the K job.
We may find out:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yup. Now I would say Joseph has a clear lead in the battle.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'll be very interested to see what Carlson does tomorrow after suffering through a day of the yips. It's one thing to have a bad day; every kicker has them. If he can't leave it behind and get back to performing at the level he was showing previously, then he's gotta go. Can't have a kicker who isn't mentally strong.

I'm pulling for Anders but tomorrow will be big, as will each day going forward obviously.

Edit: Pretty much this, too.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

What network has Family Night? It isn't showing up on my guide. I have youtubetv

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
03 Aug 2024 14:03
What network has Family Night? It isn't showing up on my guide. I have youtubetv
https://www.packers.com/training-camp/family-night

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Is LVN still on the team? Heard nothing about him this TC.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
05 Aug 2024 16:46
I feel like you probably don't read a lot of news given that you didn't hear or see anything about Stokes at Family night and there were many reports of his good play and pass breakups (and near INT or two) and you haven't heard anything about LVN at camp when reports all over the internet are talking about how he may be ready to break out and push Preston Smith for starting snaps this year.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Aug 2024 16:58
wallyuwl wrote:
I feel like you probably don't read a lot of news given that you didn't hear or see anything about Stokes at Family night and there were many reports of his good play and pass breakups (and near INT or two) and you haven't heard anything about LVN at camp when reports all over the internet are talking about how he may be ready to break out and push Preston Smith for starting snaps this year.
I watched Family Night live and didn'tnotice Stokes and LVN didn't do anything. But no, I do not read as much as I used to.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
Sounds like a you problem.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

wallyuwl wrote:
Haven’t heard much but we saw him play last year so not really an issue. Be more worried about players like Tyron Hopper having no news.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Tucker Kraft was activated from PUP today. :aok:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Relevant to some of your interests

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is hilarious (sound on)

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pretty thorough write-up on TC practice number 11, via Reddit.
Lots of interesting nuggets in here and I pulled a couple out on the OL and out em in that thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPacker ... e_aug_6th/
IT. IS. TIME

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I have been wondering......

I understand that the field needs to be preserved and isn't always ready so you can't do whole practices... but why don't kickers practice in the stadium at least half the time to get very used to the specific wind patterns and the way it swirls relative to the wind-flags onthe uprights like year round? I understand that half the games are played away from lambeau so there's a generalist approach, too; but it seems like you'd want your kickers to be at home and at their best in the stadium. And it seems like a very minimal logistical lift to let a pair of kickers, a punter to hold, and a snapper to snap onto the field most days.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Aug 2024 11:01

I have been wondering......

I understand that the field needs to be preserved and isn't always ready so you can't do whole practices... but why don't kickers practice in the stadium at least half the time to get very used to the specific wind patterns and the way it swirls relative to the wind-flags onthe uprights like year round? I understand that half the games are played away from lambeau so there's a generalist approach, too; but it seems like you'd want your kickers to be at home and at their best in the stadium. And it seems like a very minimal logistical lift to let a pair of kickers, a punter to hold, and a snapper to snap onto the field most days.
I think they do often enough. I suspect the reason they have been kicking on the practice field more lately is to create the pressure situations in front of the team and media. It wouldn't make sense to practice the whole team in the stadium. I think they kick some inside the Hutson Center, as well. I get your point, but I think that is all being weighed and considered.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This dude...woah!