Cuts and stuff

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Cuts and stuff

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Oh wow the kicker news right out of the gate! (reportedly)

I was hoping Jones would show improvement when he returned form injury but he consistently moved down the depth chart once he started practicing, not up. So no surprise there.

And Toure is also not surprising. He's a guy; and by that I mean Just A Guy, not A GUY. He's got a chance to be a useful WR5/6/STer in the league but he pretty much stayed what he was and didn't improve or develop into anything more. Never understood why so many fans thought he was more than that, but glad we finally have good enough WRs that we can see it. 8-)

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Aug 2024 08:55

I was hoping Jones would show improvement when he returned form injury but he consistently moved down the depth chart once he started practicing, not up. So no surprise there.

And Toure is also not surprising. He's a guy; and by that I mean Just A Guy, not A GUY. He's got a chance to be a useful WR5/6/STer in the league but he pretty much stayed what he was and didn't improve or develop into anything more. Never understood why so many fans thought he was more than that, but glad we finally have good enough WRs that we can see it. 8-)
I still think that if we were not so loaded at WR, and if Toure had stayed healthy, he could have been a pretty good #3 or #4 WR last year, but after Wicks and Melton blew up, there was just no room for him on this team. Hope he can land elsewhere.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The 32 yarder for Anders sealed it. It was just such a bad shank and brought back horrible memories from last January. We had to do it.

You can't trust a guy who so often misses from 40 or less. Sucks. I really was rooting for Anders.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Aug 2024 08:55

I never had the perception that "so many fans thought he was more than that" type thing. I just felt like fans were pulling for him as a try-hard, good person, late round guy who could potentially grow into a contributing role. I count myself among that group. Toure received some hope-and-prayer votes in the Rank The Roster polls the past couple years but I don't recall anyone beating the table over him. Maybe I missed it?

It didn't work out for him with the Packers with the room they have, hopefully it can somewhere else. Wish him the best.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Carlson just couldn't be trusted. Had to move on.

That said, I will not be surprised to see someone other than Joseph as the opening day kicker. I don't think the FO trusts him to be the guy, either.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I don't even know who this is...?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
27 Aug 2024 09:34
I never had the perception that "so many fans thought he was more than that" type thing. I just felt like fans were pulling for him as a try-hard, good person, late round guy who could potentially grow into a contributing role. I count myself among that group. Toure received some hope-and-prayer votes in the Rank The Roster polls the past couple years but I don't recall anyone beating the table over him. Maybe I missed it?
Feel like @YoHoChecko is probably directing that at me. We had our battles in RTR last year, but my opinion was based that Reed was not going to be nearly as polished as he was early in the season. I fully expected Toure to be the #3 WR, but almost be default. True to form, he just never rose above being anything but a fine back end of the roster player. It was really Toure's lack of development coupled with Reed's immediate development that wrote that story. Then Wicks, Heath, Melton and everyone else on the roster seemingly passed him by, as well.

I overestimated Toure's ability, but I still saw #3 as his likely ceiling.

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

APB wrote:
27 Aug 2024 10:28
I don't even know who this is...?

Bruce Wayne's cousin.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Question now is if anyone claims Anders. I doubt it because he’s dog &%$@. I wouldn’t mind continuing to work with him for 1 more year on the PS. Can’t remember who it was on the forum who was the Auburn fan but they called it. The dude stinks and Gutenbumst STs draft blunders continues. JK Scott, Anders, and whoever that &%$@ LS we drafted was.

Now we wait to figure out what K we sign because there’s no way in hell they think Joseph is the guy…
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Sad to see Welch go. I felt like he earned his way onto this team.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Released so far:

Samori Toure (Schefter)
Caleb Jones (Schneidman)
Anders Carlson (Pelissero)
Joel Wilson (Wood)
Jalen Wayne (Wood)
Luke Tenuta (Huber)
Messiah Swinson (Wood)
Julian Hicks (Huber)
Dimitri Stanley (Wilson)
Nate McCrary (Wood)
Chris Russell (Wood)
Kristian Welch (Huber)
Deslin Alexandre (Schneidman)

Huber also notes Hicks will be back on p/s.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Aug 2024 12:02
Hope we are able to sign him to the PS.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Aug 2024 12:01
The dude stinks and Gutenbumst STs draft blunders continues. JK Scott, Anders, and whoever that &%$@ LS we drafted was.
IDK

JK Scott is still very much a viable punter in this league. Last year, his 46.3 gross/42.3 net averages were middling but his 31 fair catches were 2nd in the league. Dude can still hang 'em high. Because Bisaccia couldn't get it out of him isn't on Gute.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Aug 2024 12:02
Feel like he will be on the 53 by October.

Read More. Post Less.