Packers trade for Malik Willis

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Aug 2024 12:56
Absolutely wild to me we have invest a 5th and 2 7ths in a backup position that if it has to come in to play you are already $%@#. I mean even the last time we needed a backup QB we just went out and signed a FA in Flynn.
most 7th rounders are backups at best. Finding a backup with a 7 that will make the roster is a good use of a 7. These pics just arent that valuable.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
27 Aug 2024 11:32
NCF wrote:
27 Aug 2024 10:56
I am definitely of the mind there is more to develop here
Concur. It seems like the things that need fixing...are right in Tom Clements' wheelhouse. Here's a clip of Willis vs the 49ers a couple weeks back -
I don't love the footwork, but the throw is still pretty damn impressive. Put Willis in QB school and see if you can refine his craft.
Totally worth a shot
MY guess is part of the appeal in trading, is having 2025 control as well.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Aug 2024 13:06
lupedafiasco wrote:
Absolutely wild to me we have invest a 5th and 2 7ths in a backup position that if it has to come in to play you are already $%@#. I mean even the last time we needed a backup QB we just went out and signed a FA in Flynn.
most 7th rounders are backups at best. Finding a backup with a 7 that will make the roster is a good use of a 7. These pics just arent that valuable.
Rasheed Walker, Carringron Valentine, Kalen King.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Aug 2024 13:30
Drj820 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Michael Pratt, Kylin Hill, Lew Nichols, Tariq Carpenter, Jonathan Ford, Samori Toure, Vernon Scott, Jonathan Garvin, Ty Summers, James Looney, Hunter Bradley, Kendall Donnerson, Davante Mayes, Malachi Dupre

Look I can list 7th round picks we took, too!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Aug 2024 13:38
lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Aug 2024 13:30
Drj820 wrote:

Michael Pratt, Kylin Hill, Lew Nichols, Tariq Carpenter, Jonathan Ford, Samori Toure, Vernon Scott, Jonathan Garvin, Ty Summers, James Looney, Hunter Bradley, Kendall Donnerson, Davante Mayes, Malachi Dupre

Look I can list 7th round picks we took, too!
I’m just proud of you for not posting a 12 paragraph diatribe that I would tune out of after 2 sentences.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Here's half an hour on this preseason's tape if anyone is really bored.

I might be really bored. Haven't decided yet.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Aug 2024 13:56
Here's half an hour on this preseason's tape if anyone is really bored.

I might be really bored. Haven't decided yet.
I can probably do 5 minutes of bored. Then, we'll see.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Well, here is his cut up from the Saints game. Only a minute or so.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I made it 12 minutes watching and another 3-6 listening while in another window and my takeaway is that he needs to marry his footwork to the route and timing to improve his accuracy and consistency; and that sometimes he's a beat slow processing, but not always. Which sounds like a nice scouting report for a guy entering camp with us but I do wonder how much is being asked of a guy to both learn a new playbook and refine his fundamentals without an offseason.

Still perfectly fine with this move. But also still think he's got an uphill climb to ever do more than we're seeing.