Initial 53

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Initial 53

Post by YoHoChecko »

Here's the initial 53 in a table format, with my own personal judgement about the bubble remaining because it was quicker/easier than reformatting a table
image.png
image.png (35.44 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 27 Aug 2024 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Or we could just use this... ;)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'll be curious to see who assumes the RB2 role out the gate.

Also, I didn't have 10 OL on my bingo card.

Am hoping like hell King and Rochell make it through waivers and come back to the PS.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I genuinely think Wilson has looked pretty good!

Can he pass protect? Because Lloyd I don't think can yet. I could see Lloyd really emerging with a more significant role in the second half of the season. He's missed a lot of time for a rookie to contribute right away

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Aug 2024 16:06

Can he pass protect? Because Lloyd I don't think can yet. I could see Lloyd really emerging with a more significant role in the second half of the season. He's missed a lot of time for a rookie to contribute right away
That's my guess, as well. It'll be Wilson out the gate with Lloyd assuming a greater role as the season progresses.

Lord, I hope Jacobs doesn't get injured early. I don't trust either Wilson or Lloyd to take up all the slack should that happen.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Adorbs

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

APB wrote:
27 Aug 2024 16:08
YoHoChecko wrote:

That's my guess, as well. It'll be Wilson out the gate with Lloyd assuming a greater role as the season progresses.

Lord, I hope Jacobs doesn't get injured early. I don't trust either Wilson or Lloyd to take up all the slack should that happen.
Broncos released Samaje Perine. He’s a great pass protector and could fall into the end zone probably as well as AJ Dillon.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Aug 2024 16:15
Adorbs

I just hope the Packers don't crap all over his parade tomorrow with a waiver claim and his release.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lake shark wrote:
27 Aug 2024 16:15
APB wrote:
27 Aug 2024 16:08
YoHoChecko wrote:

Broncos released Samaje Perine. He’s a great pass protector and could fall into the end zone probably as well as AJ Dillon.
I definitely think he'd compliment the room well.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is kind of cool. Like a little motivational poster

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Still the gunslinger... :lol:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

YoHoChecko wrote:

So many similarities to 2010 this season.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Shocked we are so heavy in the trenches. Very little game day value with all that on the line. They aren’t teams players outside of FGs.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

So basically it is last year's team except we yeeted the safeties, and then swapped out Aaron Jones and the kicker

I mean yeah there are obviously other differences down the roster, but functionally this is the same team minus that

I am okay with that

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Aug 2024 18:02
Shocked we are so heavy in the trenches. Very little game day value with all that on the line. They aren’t teams players outside of FGs.
I think the big question is can we do 7 active OL on game days or do we need 8? Having Glover and Monk inactive every week while they develop won't effect STs because we have to have inactives anyway. But if we need Dillard AND Telfort active because Dillard can only play on the left and Telfort isn't good enough to risk on the left, then yeah, we swap out a teams possibility. But I don't see these basically red-shirt guys at any position as having an impact on our numbers or gameday prep because regardless of position, they won't be active; and because we can elevate STs guys from the PS to fill holes in the event of injury.

Also, 10 OL is not "so heavy." 9 is basically the minimum and we've kept 11 in my time.

TL:DR: It doesn't matter if you have a 6th LB on the inactive list or a 10th OL on the inactive list or a 7th WR on the inactive list. They aren't helping on teams of from scrimmage.
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 27 Aug 2024 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

texas wrote:
27 Aug 2024 18:09
So basically it is last year's team except we yeeted the safeties, and then swapped out Aaron Jones and the kicker

I mean yeah there are obviously other differences down the roster, but functionally this is the same team minus that

I am okay with that
I like thinking of it this way. Take the youngest team in the league last year (depending on how and when measured)... that team gets within a couple minutes of making at least the NFCCG. Swap out their biggest roster weaknesses (S, K, LB depth) and worst unit coach (DC), and run it back the next year with another year of experience for most of the guys and likely again among the youngest teams in the league (a teensy bit younger than the previous year's team, somehow)

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I thought Gute was just going to hand the K job over to Carlson. :P
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

New kicker in the house. Grant DuBose, AJJ, and Royce Newman claimed by other teams.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.