Week 1 Games Around the League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

At least the bears still suck

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

My god. This is the 3rd game of the season I’ve watched and maybe it’s beer during other ones but the officiating was n the Bulls Cardinals game has been atrocious.

I’d rather add 15 mins to a game with them reviewing some of these dog &%$@ calls than watch bad call after bad call that literally impact the outcome of a game. I think you need to give coaches more challenges. Give them 4 challenges and remove the TO penalty. You can review any referee flag. At this point this sport is awful. It’s not like basketball where scoring is common. A 10 yard penalty is a killer in this league.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Man George Pickens is just being held back by some of the worst QB play in the league. Every week that passes makes that miss look so much worse. He is the next Hopkins. This guy has some incredible tracking ability and hands.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Sep 2024 13:19
My god. This is the 3rd game of the season I’ve watched and maybe it’s beer during other ones but the officiating was n the Bulls Cardinals game has been atrocious.

I’d rather add 15 mins to a game with them reviewing some of these dog &%$@ calls than watch bad call after bad call that literally impact the outcome of a game. I think you need to give coaches more challenges. Give them 4 challenges and remove the TO penalty. You can review any referee flag. At this point this sport is awful. It’s not like basketball where scoring is common. A 10 yard penalty is a killer in this league.
Or you know. Just get rid of the billion unnecessary rules that refs need to remember.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
08 Sep 2024 14:08
lupedafiasco wrote:

Or you know. Just get rid of the billion unnecessary rules that refs need to remember.
Both are true

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Daniel Jones just threw his first TD of the season. To a Vikings linebacker.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
08 Sep 2024 14:08
lupedafiasco wrote:

I agree with you there. The NBA started doing this as well. No more pump fake and jumping into the defender. If you want to earn your points, you need to earn them. Stop neutering your defenses and rewarding bad offenses manipulating the rules.

I hope there is an in season discussion about flags and how offenses are openly trying to exploit the rules.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
08 Sep 2024 13:11
At least the bears still suck
Titans trying to give it away like prom night

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Geno Smith got hit on first pass attempt and throws a INT against Denver.

The new rookie Nix doesn't get a first down but they managed the FG anyhow.

Seattle has brought two kick offs out of the end zone so far, with modest results.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Will Levis really blew it for the Titans :messedup:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Bo Nix doing some good things. But then throws a pick trying to snatch a TD. Threw it into coverage. Rookie mistake almost in the Red Zone.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Geno Smith just ran a 34 yard TD. Crazy. Still has good wheels.

Denver D is doing great and has a LOT of speed. But Seattle did just enough now.

Lockett is STILL in Seattle. Guy just ages well.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Denver scores TWO safeties in the first half. I have never seen that happen before.

First one, there was a hold when Geno tried to pass. Second one, the RB never got out of the EZ.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Aaron Jones 94 yards and 1 TD. Couple of catches too. Good day for him. Vikes still suck.
:-)

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
08 Sep 2024 17:57
Aaron Jones 94 yards and 1 TD. Couple of catches too. Good day for him. Vikes still suck.
:-)
I'm glad for Aaron Jones. I wish he was still a Packer (hope Gutey and LaCoach know what their doing)

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Bears defense did the job today.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Lions look damn good. I think they just flat out run most teams over with their Oline.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So the other 3 division teams won. Last place after week 1, with QB1 out at least two more games.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
09 Sep 2024 10:05
So the other 3 division teams won. Last place after week 1, with QB1 out at least two more games.
and your point is what? doom and gloom? it's one game in a relatively easy next 3 games, big deal, we need more OL consistency and RPO schemes, feature the run, Willis can scoot and Jacobs and Wilson are capable RB's, just go 500 till Love comes back.

the Lions may win the div. but we have the ability to take a WC game, and from there anything is possible, I'd rather keep a optimistic out look till I'am certain all hope is gone. :aok:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
09 Sep 2024 10:14
wallyuwl wrote:
09 Sep 2024 10:05
and your point is what? doom and gloom? it's one game in a relatively easy next 3 games, big deal, we need more OL consistency and RPO schemes, feature the run, Willis can scoot and Jacobs and Wilson are capable RB's, just go 500 till Love comes back.

the Lions may win the div. but we have the ability to take a WC game, and from there anything is possible, I'd rather keep a optimistic out look till I'am certain all hope is gone. :aok:
I agree. If Love only misses the next two games, I think we go 2-0.

Read More. Post Less.