Colts @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 15th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Colts @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Sept. 15th, 12:00 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:colts: Indianapolis Colts @ Green Bay Packers :packers:
Sunday, September 15th, 12:00 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers +2.5
Over/Under: 40.5

Stadium

Lambeau Field

Injury Report

Broadcast (FOX)
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2024&wk=2
Joe Davis, Greg Olsen

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... pener-2024
The Green Bay Packers will take on the Indianapolis Colts in the home opener at Lambeau Field.

It is the first time the Packers will face an AFC team in the home opener since 2014 against the New York Jets.
It is the 12th time since the merger (1970) that Green Bay opens at home against and AFC team.
It is the first time opening at Lambeau against the Colts in team history.
Green Bay has won 11 straight home openers (2013-23), the longest winning streak in home openers in team history and the longest current winning streak in the league (Buffalo, Miami, Philadelphia and San Francisco each have won three straight).
This is the Colts' first trip to Lambeau Field since 2016.
By date, this is the second-earliest meeting between the two teams (Sept. 10, 1966).
This is just the fourth time in the series history, and the first time since 1974, that the Packers and Colts have played in Week 2.
The Packers hold a 4-2 advantage over the Colts in September games.
The last three contests between the two teams have been decided by a total of 11 points (three, five, three). In each of those three games, both teams scored 25-plus points.
The last game between Green Bay and Indianapolis was an overtime contest at the Colts in 2020.
The Packers have scored 25-plus points in each of the last seven matchups. It is tied for the longest streak against the Colts by an NFL team.
Green Bay is 12-9 (.571) against Indianpolis at home, including wins in three of the last four contests.
Under Head Coach Matt LaFleur, Green Bay is 14-9 agasinst AFC teams, a .609 winning percentage that is No. 2 among NFC teams (Seattle Seahawks, 15-9, .625) and No. 4 among all teams since 2019 (Kansas City Chiefs, 45-16, .738 / Buffalo Bills, 40-19, .678).
The Packers lost in Brazil, 34-29, to the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 1. Dating back to 2008, the five times the Packers have lost the season opener, they won in Week 2 (2012, 2013, 2014, 2021, 2022).
Green Bay returns to the road next week with a trip to take on the Tennessee Titans. It marks the first time since 2000 that the Packers have played two of their first three games vs. AFC teams.
WITH THE CALL

FOX Sports, now in its 31st season as an NFL network television partner, will broadcast the game.

Play-by-play man Joe Davis joins analyst Greg Olsen and sideline reporter Pam Oliver.
The game is also available through NFL Sunday Ticket by YouTube.
All Packers games can be heard on the Packers Radio Network, which is made up of 54 stations in Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois and North and South Dakota. 97.3 The Game – WRNW-Milwaukee begins its third season as the flagship station of the Packers Radio Network. For a map and full listing of radio affiliates, go to packers.com/video/radio-network. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst), and three-time Packers Pro Bowler John Kuhn (sideline reporter) call the action. McCarren first joined the team's broadcasts in 1995 and enters his 30th season calling Packers games. After originally being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their 26th season of broadcasts together. They surpassed Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the most regular-season and postseason games broadcast for the Packers with 313 at the 2018 season opener against Chicago.
The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio on channel 161 or 229 or through the app (Packers Radio Network feed).
ESPN Radio will be broadcasting the game to a national audience with Steve Levy (play-by-play) and Mike Tannebaum (analyst) on the call.
Weather
image.png
image.png (488.03 KiB) Viewed 533 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Colts 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That I don't get a noon Fox game is a travesty. $%@# stupid as all hell.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I believe this is without a doubt a loss. I think they’re going to run all over us and I expect the offense to look abysmal. That said I hope to be proved incredibly wrong.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Sep 2024 22:33
I believe this is without a doubt a loss. I think they’re going to run all over us and I expect the offense to look abysmal. That said I hope to be proved incredibly wrong.
Yeah, I kinda feel the same. I am assuming Love won't play.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Sep 2024 21:43
With the Vikings on CBS... so dumb.

The NFL is telling us exactly what they think.
image.png
image.png (18.8 KiB) Viewed 462 times

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Sep 2024 22:33
I believe absolutely the opposite. I think we roll them in our home opener. They won't run all over us because Hafley will not allow them to. If the defense loses this one it will be because Richardson throws for a bunch of big plays. I also think Willis handles himself just fine in this one and our running game ends up being the deciding factor.

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

They are banged up. If Buckner and paye don't play they are dead in the water.

I think we run all over them and take advantage of them loading the box

This game hangs on the d stepping up and living up to expectations. Indys line got beat up last week and JT couldn't get anything going. Bottle him up another week

27-16 pack.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Quay is injured already - color me not surprised. I’m guessing this is a defensive punt fest and we hope for some Bears style luck winning the turnover battle.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

lake shark wrote:
13 Sep 2024 10:27
Quay is injured already - color me not surprised. I’m guessing this is a defensive punt fest and we hope for some Bears style luck winning the turnover battle.
Hate to say it but I think this is a good thing. Cooper will have to play now and his best skill is his ability to spy a QB. I think he comes up huge in this game. It also will potentially give you the best LB duo we have which is Cooper and anybody but Quay. Hes just proven to not be able to survive on running downs and hes not good enough in coverage to make up for it. It might be worth looking into making him an edge and letting his length/athleticism take over but that would be something you probably work on in camp.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Sep 2024 21:43
We're not getting the game either. I live in what the NFL considers the Tampa and Miami markets. Thank goodness for NFL Red Zone. They show nonstop scoring and big non-scoring plays from every game until 7 pm EST.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The alumni will be introduced on the field at halftime of Sunday's game and those planning to attend include: Marv Fleming, Jerry Kramer, Dave Robinson, Paul Coffman, James Lofton, Jan Stenerud, David Whitehurst, Lynn Dickey, Barry Smith, Tim Stokes, Leotis Harris, Don Majkowski, Perry Kemp, Tiger Green, Ken Ruettgers, Rich Wingo, Mark Lee, Gerry Ellis, Mark Murphy, Phil Epps, Michael Butler, Eddie Lee Ivery, Mo Harvey, Gary Ellerson, LeRoy Butler, Earl Dotson, John Michels, Marco Rivera, Frank Winters, Dorsey Levens, Bill Schroeder, Andre Rison, Bruce Wilkerson, Doug Evans, Bernardo Harris, Jeff Dellenbach, Antonio Freeman, Dexter McNabb, Don Davey, Matthew Dorsett, Harry Sydney, Brady Poppinga, Scott Wells, Ryan Grant, Charlie Peprah, Kevin Barry, Ryan Taylor, Jared Abbrederis, Alex Green, Eddie Lacy, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
14 Sep 2024 18:44
The alumni will be introduced on the field at halftime of Sunday's game and those planning to attend include: Marv Fleming, Jerry Kramer, Dave Robinson, Paul Coffman, James Lofton, Jan Stenerud, David Whitehurst, Lynn Dickey, Barry Smith, Tim Stokes, Leotis Harris, Don Majkowski, Perry Kemp, Tiger Green, Ken Ruettgers, Rich Wingo, Mark Lee, Gerry Ellis, Mark Murphy, Phil Epps, Michael Butler, Eddie Lee Ivery, Mo Harvey, Gary Ellerson, LeRoy Butler, Earl Dotson, John Michels, Marco Rivera, Frank Winters, Dorsey Levens, Bill Schroeder, Andre Rison, Bruce Wilkerson, Doug Evans, Bernardo Harris, Jeff Dellenbach, Antonio Freeman, Dexter McNabb, Don Davey, Matthew Dorsett, Harry Sydney, Brady Poppinga, Scott Wells, Ryan Grant, Charlie Peprah, Kevin Barry, Ryan Taylor, Jared Abbrederis, Alex Green, Eddie Lacy, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.
That’s a random group of players. Some incredible. Some mediocre. Some perfectly average. Just interesting to see some of the best Packers ever to some that were never even starters.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Sep 2024 20:16
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
That’s a random group of players. Some incredible. Some mediocre. Some perfectly average. Just interesting to see some of the best Packers ever to some that were never even starters.
Good to see Kramer, Robinson and Fleming are still ticking.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Do you believe in Majik?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Too much on the line in the home opener. Packers cruise 20-13.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Telfort over Dillard and Glover
Mosby over Cox and Wooden
Zane over Oladapo

Marshawn Lloyd active.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Not necessarily a must win but only 10% of teams make the playoffs after starting 0-2. I think this is a unique situation but you do not want to be down that bad in the NFC standing because it does then start making games must win. I don’t think 9-8 is going to be good enough in the current NFC.

The offensive line needs to be the ones to dominate this game. Push these guys around. If they play sloppy like last week and get off to another slow start we will be in trouble.

And the defense needs to play well. You cannot expect to hold to 23 points and think that’s enough to win with a backup. You need to hold below 20 in a game with a backup QB.

Play hard, play well, and let’s establish the run that will set the identity of this team for the rest of the season.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
13 Sep 2024 10:09
They are banged up. If Buckner and paye don't play they are dead in the water.

I think we run all over them and take advantage of them loading the box

This game hangs on the d stepping up and living up to expectations. Indys line got beat up last week and JT couldn't get anything going. Bottle him up another week

27-16 pack.
I think it is as lupe stated. The offensive line needs to step up. If our big pigs up front can’t hold it down, we are cooked. I never thought we’d be seeing the backup so early in the season, but we’re going to find out whether making Willis the #2 on a whim was a good decision.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Too true.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Hate to say it but this has L written all over it. Backup QBs are always wildcards so you never know and Indy is not a strong opponent but it is tough to win games at this level without competent QBing and recent history suggests Willis is not a competent QB.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto