Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Cousins was surgical. This new offense really suits him.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Sep 2024 22:07
holy crap this game went from a lock for the eagles to the Flacons for a potential go-ahead TD so quickly!

Barkley drops a gimme little pass in the flats to run out the clock. Settle for a FG. And the Falcons just chunk right down the field with absolutely no resistance whatsoever. I mean Joe Barry-esque 2-minute drill.

OMG A 48-yard XP for the win because of unsportsmanlike conduct!! And it's GOOD
Yeah, it was such a wild turn of events.

The simple dropped pass to Barkley opened the door and the Barry-esque defensive response provided the welcome mat to walk right on through. I'm tempted to drop in on an Eagles forum just to drink up all the tears... :lol:
wallyuwl wrote:Cousins was surgical. This new offense really suits him.
The only final drive completion with any significant level of difficulty was the first short pass to Pitts. He squeezed that one in. All the other completions were to receivers running absolutely free. The Eagles never even attempted to pressure Cousins, either.

Bryce Young could have executed that drive.

The Eagles made it so easy, the Falcons offense actually scored too fast. Hurts still had about 40 seconds and two TOs remaining to potentially drive for another score. The difference in the Falcons defensive approach? They actually pressured Hurts into a quick throw and he tossed up an INT.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Sep 2024 14:47
NCF wrote:
16 Sep 2024 14:39
YoHoChecko wrote:
16 Sep 2024 13:47
I will never in all my years understand how the whole draft world including the teams talked themselves out of a prototypical QB with the game film Stroud put against UGA and the arm talent to make every throw and into a 5'10" game manager with moderate/middling arm talent. It was the weirdest turn of events I could imagine. I was Stroud for QB1 his entire senior season and even kore so in the run up.
Ohio State QB. I was guilty of doubting Stroud for that very reason. Same thing that happened, in some regards, with Aaron Rodgers being a Tedford product.
I don't know how to respond to this without being just unfathomably rude because while I know it was a common thing, it's genuinely the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Even dumber than the Tedford thing because at least that was a common coaching scheme and specific fundamentals that have to be altered. Scouting the helmet when looking for the most important position in the NFL is dumb.

But it's especially dumb for the context of this conversation because look at ALABAMA QBS! They're all terrible except Hurts. People are like "Sure Stroud made elite throws and had outstanding pocket presence and ideal size, but he's a system guy because his WRs are great and he played at Ohio St.... Meanwhile, the 5'10" ball distributor from a system that has had an endless parade of mediocre ball distributors win national championships due to defense, elite OL play, and disciplined overall team play--HE's really got "it."

The whole thing was absurd. It was like the whole world collectively took psychadelics before evaluating the QBs.
I didn't say it was sound reasoning, but it is human nature. I am not defending the scouting process, but I also didn't break down a ton of Stroud film so didn't have anything else to rely on but preconceived notions. For the record I absolutely hated Bryce Young, so not defending that, either. I thought Richardson was the gem of that class. I think it is absurd of you to not consider the fact that human nature can work it's way into scouting rooms and, at the very least, partially inform some bad decisions.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

CJ would have been #1 overall if he was white, obviously.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Sep 2024 10:53
Except the QB that went first was also black so this is a stupid and ignorant statement. Stop looking for racism when it isn’t there.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
with the way racial tensions are in this country, and all the political divide over flowing the news sights, do we need that here? come on do better. :mrgreen:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Sep 2024 10:59
Drj820 wrote:
Except the QB that went first was also black so this is a stupid and ignorant statement. Stop looking for racism when it isn’t there.
Stroud was top one or two qb recruit out of high school

Stroud threw 85 tds in college and 12 ints in college.

Stroud had prime time big games where he tossed the ball like a god.

If stroud was a top recruit, followed up by 85-12 td to int ratio, had broken several school records, was 6’3, and a white guy..he goes #1, not sorry!!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

And Bryce Young would have gone zeroith if he was. Everyone moves up a notch.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Sep 2024 12:20
lupedafiasco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

If stroud was a top recruit, followed up by 85-12 td to int ratio, had broken several school records, was 6’3, and a white guy..he goes #1, not sorry!!
So the QB who was taken was still Black. If anything by your logic Will Levis should have went first overall. Will Levis is a 6’4 white QB.

Actually why am I entertaining this stupidity.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Successful troll is successful.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Labrev wrote:
17 Sep 2024 14:13
Gee, why? Because people give him what he needs - a response. Can't believe how much easier it is to read through this forum since I put one such poster on "ignore" a while back.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

...and now back to the news.

File this under the "seriously?" category.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
18 Sep 2024 07:39
Labrev wrote:
17 Sep 2024 14:13
Gee, why? Because people give him what he needs - a response. Can't believe how much easier it is to read through this forum since I put one such poster on "ignore" a while back.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: works for me

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
18 Sep 2024 07:47
...and now back to the news.

File this under the "seriously?" category.

They are God awful and getting worse.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Sep 2024 12:43
Drj820 wrote:
17 Sep 2024 12:20
lupedafiasco wrote:

So the QB who was taken was still Black. If anything by your logic Will Levis should have went first overall. Will Levis is a 6’4 white QB.

Actually why am I entertaining this stupidity.
It is not racism, it a stupid billionaire who won't give anyone more than a year to fix his club. Impatient stupidity trumps all.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lol I watched him say this live and I knew that all the whining crybabies were going to have this reaction

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2024/09/tua-ta ... haels-call