Packers Defense - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

New system or not, Quay’s gotta be better with tackling.

A lot better.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
18 Sep 2024 19:34
New system or not, Quay’s gotta be better with tackling.

A lot better.

That is bad.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

The defense needed to hold Tennessee to 17 or fewer points given that 17 is what the Titans scored in their opening two games.

Held them to 14 points, scored 7 on a pick six, got two other turnovers, and eight sacks.

This is what good defenses do to bad offenses.

Seeing multiple blitzes on third down was a strange sensation.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

LombardiTime wrote:
22 Sep 2024 15:18
The defense needed to hold Tennessee to 17 or fewer points given that 17 is what the Titans scored in their opening two games.

Held them to 14 points, scored 7 on a pick six, got two other turnovers, and eight sacks.

This is what good defenses do to bad offenses.

Seeing multiple blitzes on third down was a strange sensation.
and the blitzes getting home.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Here's to not treating young QBs like they are HOFers.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
22 Sep 2024 20:54
Wood and Adderley maybe?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Wood and Adderley are dead and haven't played an NFL game together in 55 years...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Sep 2024 09:02
Wood and Adderley are dead and haven't played an NFL game together in 55 years...
Can you imagine how irrelevant they would be if they were coached by prissy LeCoach? :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:47
APB wrote:
Wood and Adderley maybe?
They are nowhere near the level of Wood and Adderly.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

williewasgreat wrote:
23 Sep 2024 12:41
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:47
APB wrote:
Wood and Adderley maybe?
They are nowhere near the level of Wood and Adderly.
...yet.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Every week we're seeing clips of Cooper just ballin' out. That dude needs to be on the field MORE.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I could not believe my eyes on that NASCAR Package sack when I saw "56" get out of the pile. Was convinced it had to be LVN considering where he came from. The sack happened so fast I kept saying "how did he physically arrive there that fast from that angle?!"
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Still not sure how Cooper isn’t getting more snaps.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Sep 2024 13:35
Mike Wahle talked last week about how it's important to give rookies a limited amount of snaps so they only have to focus on a few keys while in the game. This increases their chance of being successful on the field and building their confidence as they continue to learn and grow the playbook. I believe that is what they are doing with Cooper and the best part is he is thriving in the role which will likely continue to increase his load as the weeks move along.

Very exciting to watch this dude.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2024 13:53
lupedafiasco wrote:
Mike Wahle talked last week about how it's important to give rookies a limited amount of snaps so they only have to focus on a few keys while in the game. This increases their chance of being successful on the field and building their confidence as they continue to learn and grow the playbook. I believe that is what they are doing with Cooper and the best part is he is thriving in the role which will likely continue to increase his load as the weeks move along.

I remember hearing the stories of how Ron Wolf back in the day was primed to take Ray Lewis with his R1 pick only for Baltimore to unexpectedly snag him one pick before.

Ray was lucky. He'd have barely seen the field his first few years while the Packer coaches acclimated him to the pro game.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

the kind of safety play we are getting makes a huge difference for the DC. he can send the house, call some exotic stuff, all while knowing X is back their on patrol not letting anything past him.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I am worried that something is wrong with Walker. Is he injured? Having home issues? He should be speeding up this season. But it seems more like he's slowing down.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2024 13:53
lupedafiasco wrote:

It makes perfect sense to me. It does multiple things. it protects the inexperience. They're set up for success by doing what they know. It limits their field time which keeps them hungry to prove themselves with every opportunity. It lays a great foundation for a career and knowledge of the game.

Plus we've all be around long enough to have heard "the rookie wall" they go thru bowl season, the combine, then draft and it's basically right from one season to the next and burnout is real by the end of 1st year pro and their production fades down the stretch.

Keeping them hungry, situational learning etc and let them earn and prove their time, by the end of the season you have a guy ready to go, not ready to go to the bench for a breather.

Of course it takes the right scenario for that to really work. Must have serviceable guys on the roster already. I think it's a luxury to be able to bring them along that way. Sometimes you can't bring them along and you just sink or swim. It can work, but I wonder how many times it sinks guys that would make it otherwise.