Packers @ Titans GDT: Sunday, Sept. 22nd, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

A lot of national pundits and fans can't figure out how Willis can play like this. But we have what I call the quarterback whisperer. Tom Clemens was the coach who developed Rodgers, Love and now is guiding Willis. I don't think it can be understated how a QB coach can be the difference maker in the performance in the most influential player on the field.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:23
A lot of national pundits and fans can't figure out how Willis can play like this. But we have what I call the quarterback whisperer. Tom Clemens was the coach who developed Rodgers, Love and now is guiding Willis. I don't think it can be understated how a QB coach can be the difference maker in the performance in the most influential player on the field.
Also the gameplan has been built around Willis the last 2 weeks. It has highlighted his strengths and tried to mitigate his weaknesses.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:21
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:18
wallyuwl wrote:
22 Sep 2024 18:00
Last two games might be best MLF has had in terms if game plan and getting guys to buy in since being HC.
Glad to see finally. As many are getting sick, tired and annoyed by his way. Keep moving forward! Stay focused and on track. I'll take 8 sacks every week.
Who are this many? What is his way these many are getting sick, tired, and annoyed by?
Google "prissy, prissiness, and prissily". Then innovatively extrapolate. Integrate the losing playoff games .... :shock:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Cdragon wrote:
23 Sep 2024 07:27
APB wrote:
22 Sep 2024 19:55
If you’re interested in witnessing a fan base disintegrate before your eyes, go read Titanreport.com message boards. Brutal.

When it became clear Malik Willis was the better QB on the field today, things got…testy. :lol:
I like how they were lamenting keeping the wrong HC. Giving MLF props for tailoring gameplans for the player he has, rather than forcing a player into the system he wants to ultimately run.

I also liked how clueless the poster was who basically said you don't grab a day 1 or 2, QB and not start him, trying to explain away giving up on a project QB in Willis. All the while playing a team that has drafted 2 QBs in the 1st and let them sit for 3 years.
As cherry on top, the Titans may get a chance to lose to Tim Boyle Laser Show next week... :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:44
Pckfn23 wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:18

Glad to see finally. As many are getting sick, tired and annoyed by his way. Keep moving forward! Stay focused and on track. I'll take 8 sacks every week.
Who are this many? What is his way these many are getting sick, tired, and annoyed by?
Google "prissy, prissiness, and prissily". Then innovatively extrapolate. Integrate the losing playoff games .... :shock:
So you believe Matt Lafleur is Prissy?? That is an interesting opinion. Not sure where it comes from. Are you that concerned about the way he looks?

Interestingly enough only 3 head coaches have made the playoffs and NOT lost a playoff game since LaFleur became head coach: Andy Reid, Sean McVay, and Bruce Arians.

Is he perfect? Not by any stretch of the imagination, but any rational fan should be able to see that he has been doing some really good things with the team the last 5+ seasons.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:57
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

So you believe Matt Lafleur is Prissy?? That is an interesting opinion. Not sure where it comes from. Are you that concerned about the way he looks?

Interestingly enough only 3 head coaches have made the playoffs and NOT lost a playoff game since LaFleur became head coach: Andy Reid, Sean McVay, and Bruce Arians.

Is he perfect? Not by any stretch of the imagination, but any rational fan should be able to see that he has been doing some really good things with the team the last 5+ seasons.
When MLF has won 3 SB rings with Love Ringo is going to still say, "he should have won 4 - this is titletown"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:23
It's the entire organization. Just watching the WRs block and not be selfish. I can't get over how cool these last two games were. This team is some serious, serious special. Giving 2009 - 2011 vibes of "we're nobody's underdog"
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Oh man, that Titans forum was a fun read.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2024 09:38
Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:57
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

When MLF has won 3 SB rings with Love Ringo is going to still say, "he should have won 4 - this is titletown"
2 should be enough. Maybe Hafley can do it / get er done.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think we saw why lafleur is probably happy rodgers is gone over the last couple weeks...he feels he can win with most qbs that will just do exactly what he says and throws to the open guy.

And hes probably right
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Sep 2024 13:16
I think we saw why lafleur is probably happy rodgers is gone over the last couple weeks...he feels he can win with most qbs that will just do exactly what he says and throws to the open guy.

And hes probably right
I hope these two weeks have shown him that he doesn't need to drop Jordan Love back 35-40 times per game and that a blend of passing and running is the winning formula.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
23 Sep 2024 13:25
Drj820 wrote:

And hes probably right
I hope these two weeks have shown him that he doesn't need to drop Jordan Love back 35-40 times per game and that a blend of passing and running is the winning formula.
:dude: :dude: :dude:
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Acrobat wrote:
23 Sep 2024 13:25
Drj820 wrote:

And hes probably right
Mmm. We played two of the worst team in the league during this time. The type of offense you would use with Willis wouldn’t work with Love because the read option is not as effective.

I still think the strength of this team is under center with a heavy focus on the play action game but it’s still through the air. The offensive line needs to improve its down to down consistency. The penalties have been killer and there are plenty of times between the Eagles and Titans where Jacobs gets the ball and there no where to go. He has to put on a show just to get back to the LOS.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

There was a fleeting moment during the 4th qtr yesterday where I felt a twinge of sympathy for Levis getting brutalized by the Packer pass rush. Some of those gang hits were downright violent.

Then, like gut rock relieved by a hearty burp, it quickly passed thus allowing his wrankled image, sprawled out on the turf with limbs pointed in every which direction, to be fully taken in and appreciated.

:heart:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Sep 2024 13:53
what was I saying years back? :thwap: :thwap: :thwap: :thwap: the ILB position is a tough transition college to pro unless all your asked to do is plug for the run or Blitz, it is a zone coverage position by nature, which means it relies on knowing the tendencies of supporting cast.

what we are doing now with Cooper is what we should have done with Walker, a small plate to start with , increasing as more experienced is gained, other wise poor tech and bad habits develop.

now that doesn't excuse all the poor play we see from Quay, but if any one thing stands out with him it's his indecisiveness on one play and over pursuit on the next, obviously we didn't have much choice with Quay, we needed his athleticism, so glad we can go a bit slower with Cooper

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

LB is without a doubt the easiest position to go from college to the pros on defense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.