Packers @ Titans GDT: Sunday, Sept. 22nd, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think Cooper's injury and not playing in August is a big reason we are seeing a slow transition for him on the field. Had he been healthy all camp, I do believe he would be a current starter.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Sep 2024 16:31
LB is without a doubt the easiest position to go from college to the pros on defense.
I disagree, or I wouldn't have said what I said, man coverage CB imo is the easiest, it requires almost zero thinking, but whatever.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
23 Sep 2024 16:42
lupedafiasco wrote:
LB is without a doubt the easiest position to go from college to the pros on defense.
I disagree, or I wouldn't have said what I said, man coverage CB imo is the easiest, it requires almost zero thinking, but whatever.
How many CBs do you know that only play man coverage?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Sep 2024 16:43
Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
good point, not many, but rookie corners will out play a rookie ILB almost always, why you would think zone coverage ILB is a easy transition when we see them beat more then any other position including safeties doesn't add up to me :idn:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
23 Sep 2024 16:50
lupedafiasco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

good point, not many, but rookie corners will out play a rookie ILB almost always, why you would think zone coverage ILB is a easy transition when we see them beat more then any other position including safeties doesn't add up to me :idn:
My brother. That’s just defense. It’s called a mismatch. It’s why teams pull LBs off the field for DBs in nickel and dime. You have CBs that cover best. Then S. Then LB. Then finally DL.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Sep 2024 18:22
Yoop wrote:
23 Sep 2024 16:50
lupedafiasco wrote:

My brother. That’s just defense. It’s called a mismatch. It’s why teams pull LBs off the field for DBs in nickel and dime. You have CBs that cover best. Then S. Then LB. Then finally DL.
…unless that DLs name is Preston Smith.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
23 Sep 2024 20:58

Just win the down baby.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

wallyuwl wrote:
23 Sep 2024 21:11
APB wrote:
23 Sep 2024 20:58

Just win the down baby.
I believe the quote was “just get through the down.”
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I'm pretty sure it was "just survive the down"

and I'm so happy to see we've switched mentality to, let's dominate the guy across from us. I know we haven't played elite teams or offenses, and maybe the results will be the same in the end I have no idea. But up to this point i think there is a philosophical change you can see and feel for the most part. between this year and last.

I'm not sure it's ALL coaching, but I do believe it's some in part. We do have better players at crucial positions and experience with youth from last to this.

We'll still have our moments i'm sure, we all do, but at least it's moments of WTF and not regularity every situation in every game when it's time to crush we go soft.

I do believe "just survive the down" has been replaced with "just make the damn play" or something along those lines. The mentality has shifted.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

musclestang wrote:
24 Sep 2024 05:10
I'm not sure it's ALL coaching, but I do believe it's some in part. We do have better players at crucial positions and experience with youth from last to this.
I am becoming more and more impressed with MLF all the time. I get easily annoyed when things don't go quite right, so some of the penalties get to me. However, I am just in awe of how well the entire Packers offense has executed with Willis the last 2 weeks. To make it work like that, everybody needs to be doing their job at high level. He is like a master at pushing the right buttons/plays right now. I haven't even talked about the defense.

MLF gets to call a completely different game with Willis out there and I think he likes it. It lets him show off just how good he is.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

For some positivity in your day, here's JT gushing about Malik and LaFleur with videotape. Also, two missed occasions that coulda led to a monster day for Christian Watson.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

The Rock weighs in on the defensive pressure applied by the Pack: