Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

wallyuwl wrote:
24 Sep 2024 09:51
Packers rumored to be interested in Cam Robinson for LT as a FA next offseason.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pa ... efa8&ei=45
What a bunch nothing news. :messedup: Might as well say "Breaking news: Packers' 2025 roster not set in September 2024! Packers rumored to be scouting college players and possible free agents for 2025!"

Also, Walker has to clean up penalties (which have mostly been holding on running plays), but has been at least OK in pass pro. We drafted a LT prospect or two last off-season. All are dirt cheap for at least next season. I don't see going OT in FA unless something very weird happens.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

:(

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Didn't see this coming while playing backup QB 2/3 games... :kaboom:

I did foresee da Bears still sucking. :twisted:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

No game day thread yet so… Looking at the standing this is a massive game. The NFC is wide open. I think the schedules will sort out the Saints, Buccs, Seahawks, and Redskins on its own. These are all pretenders and no one can change my mind on that. I think the Vikings are also pretenders but we need to prove it.

If we lose this one we are down 2.5 games in the division and down 2 conference games in the NFC. You just can’t be down that bad if you want to seriously compete for a SB. That’s sets you up on its own to play on the road in the playoffs at best. Plenty of season to go but there’s a tough schedule this season to go against and a tough stretch excluding the Bears and Jaguars.

IMO this is a must win game with it at home.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Phenomenal

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Sep 2024 08:30
APB wrote:
23 Sep 2024 06:33
YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Sep 2024 06:15
The Packers’ offense is currently 5th in yards per game, 6th in points per game and 1st in rushing yards per game.
I hear the defense is pretty good, too...
Not statistically! Haha
Oh yeah?

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

wallyuwl wrote:
24 Sep 2024 11:01
:(

Looks still normal, must be an early stage. I’d like rather have Parkinson than Alzheimer if I had to choose.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2024 15:20
No game day thread yet so… Looking at the standing this is a massive game. The NFC is wide open. I think the schedules will sort out the Saints, Buccs, Seahawks, and Redskins on its own. These are all pretenders and no one can change my mind on that. I think the Vikings are also pretenders but we need to prove it.

If we lose this one we are down 2.5 games in the division and down 2 conference games in the NFC. You just can’t be down that bad if you want to seriously compete for a SB. That’s sets you up on its own to play on the road in the playoffs at best. Plenty of season to go but there’s a tough schedule this season to go against and a tough stretch excluding the Bears and Jaguars.

IMO this is a must win game with it at home.
I think LaCoach will have the team ready to beat the Vikings. The Packers running game should take the pressure off the Packers QB giving the Vikings defense fits. Remember this is the Visqueens....formerly the tenets of the Homer Hanky Hefty dome. 62 years of futility and counting. The '69 team won the NFL title but lost to KC in SB4.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

He’s back!

Nathan Marzion with a week 1-3 summary as only he does.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Trust PFF at your peril! ;)

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I don't know which is bigger news: The return of Messiah, or that area beat reporter uses named source....

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
25 Sep 2024 11:39
the only OL player set was the center, easy to see why PFF didn't give him the sack

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:the only OL player set was the center, easy to see why PFF didn't give him the sack
Interesting there wasn't a penalty called then.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

APB wrote:
26 Sep 2024 13:39
Yoop wrote:the only OL player set was the center, easy to see why PFF didn't give him the sack
Yeh, think PFF is playing fast and loose with causation, but they do that anyway by trying to claim subjective grades are "advanced analytics" TM.

What is a sack? Tackling the QB behind the LOS. Who had the sack? Rashan Gary. Who was supposed to block Rashan Gary in the protection? Lane Johnson. The C snapped the ball early because he was trying to catch GB offside? That doesn't mean you dont play through the whistle, that's like trying to claim DBs should get docked for giving up free play touchdowns vs Rodgers because the play could have been blown dead.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
26 Sep 2024 12:24
the only OL player set was the center, easy to see why PFF didn't give him the sack
Yeah, I agree.

Since there was no penalty, it officially counts as a sack. No doubt about it.

But there's no official stat about "sacks given up by". Any attempt to create such a "stat" leads to an unavoidably very subjective process, since it can be very hard to tell who is to blame on a given play, especially without knowing the protection call etc.

Would I assign blame and give a negative grade to the LT on that play? No. Not his fault.

Either the refs messed up and didn't penalize Wyatt for neutral zone infraction (difficult to say without seeing the sideline view) OR the center messed up by snapping it early, trying to catch Wyatt for the penalty. In either case, not Lane's fault.

There are other instances where the result of the play and a grade for a player on that play may conflict. For example, in the last game Malik Willis threw a risky deep out that shoulda been intercepted, but the corner took a horrific angle and fell, resulting in a big 3rd down conversion. In fact, the corner messed up so bad, it looked like a safe throw. Despite the great result, I'd give Malik a minus grade on that play for throwing a should-be-intercepted ball. Can't expect for the next corner to also screw up.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Here's a cool explanation with video about the missed FG in the Titans game that was called back in our favor by the refs. Didn't wanna bump last game's thread, so I'll just dump it here.

Good catch by the zebras to identify an illegal pulling block by Simmons. I actually didn't know that was illegal, so live and learn.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
26 Sep 2024 13:39
correct, could be another reason, LG was not set, should have been called.

not to defend pff, or dissing Gary, it does look like a busted play, Johnson is looking towards the center, not even set to block Gary, the league gave Gary the sack, imo it was made easier because of what I described.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
26 Sep 2024 14:04
Yoop wrote:
26 Sep 2024 12:24
Yeah, I agree.

Since there was no penalty, it officially counts as a sack. No doubt about it.

But there's no official stat about "sacks given up by". Any attempt to create such a "stat" leads to an unavoidably very subjective process, since it can be very hard to tell who is to blame on a given play, especially without knowing the protection call etc.

Would I assign blame and give a negative grade to the LT on that play? No. Not his fault.

Either the refs messed up and didn't penalize Wyatt for neutral zone infraction (difficult to say without seeing the sideline view) OR the center messed up by snapping it early, trying to catch Wyatt for the penalty. In either case, not Lane's fault.

There are other instances where the result of the play and a grade for a player on that play may conflict. For example, in the last game Malik Willis threw a risky deep out that shoulda been intercepted, but the corner took a horrific angle and fell, resulting in a big 3rd down conversion. In fact, the corner messed up so bad, it looked like a safe throw. Despite the great result, I'd give Malik a minus grade on that play for throwing a should-be-intercepted ball. Can't expect for the next corner to also screw up.
looks to me that Philly OL figured the refs would call Wyatt, when they didn't, the center waited till the play clock ran down and hiked it, LG RG RT (Johnson) weren't even set, Gary gets a sack, good for us, no one will remember that the refs' pooched it.

agree plenty of plus plays that require a miracle to complete, no one is a 100% perfect all the time, including refs, I agree I wasn't to thrilled to see Willis throwing contested balls, such as the one I believe your talking about, we see Love do it to though it seems more then we ever saw with Rodgers, MLF doesn't seem as conservative now that AR has left the building, he allows Love and now Willis to heave it into tight coverage expecting our receivers to fight for that ball, and we see them winning those battles, it's awesome :aok: