Here's Johnny!! (Staff of Ford) DET Wk2

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2020 15:10
1. Aaron Jones
2. Chandon Sullivan
3. Rashan Gary
4. MVS
Seconded

I picked Kirksey week 1 and he looked bad. I picked Amos this time and he gave up a TD. I'm afraid to pick next week...
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Someone needs to start picking OL, because it could have been them two weeks in a row

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
20 Sep 2020 16:13
go pak go wrote:
1. Aaron Jones
2. Chandon Sullivan
3. Rashan Gary
4. MVS
Seconded

I picked Kirksey week 1 and he looked bad. I picked Amos this time and he gave up a TD. I'm afraid to pick next week...
Pick Brees ;)

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
20 Sep 2020 16:18
Someone needs to start picking OL, because it could have been them two weeks in a row
Was thinking this earlier when one Aaron was running through parted seas and another had plenty enough time to throw.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Rashan Gary.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Holy smokes, Jones's yards per clip was 9.3 (on 18 carries). It's like getting a first down every time you run him! :aok: 8-)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
20 Sep 2020 16:13
go pak go wrote:
1. Aaron Jones
2. Chandon Sullivan
3. Rashan Gary
4. MVS
Seconded

Go for like Perry Nickerson or something.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It just has to be Jones; second week in a row a star named Aaron played too well to overlook even for a contest that favors underdogs

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Sep 2020 19:07
It just has to be Jones; second week in a row a star named Aaron played too well to overlook even for a contest that favors underdogs
Yeah. When a player gets 200+ all purpose yards or Rodgers gets 4 TDs and 350 plus passing yards....it takes a LOT for an underdog to beat them.

Once again MVS had a shot today if he came down with a couple more of his balls. And Chandon Sullivan had a good shot too. He had a great tackle on a run play too.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Upon further review and until further notice, my player of the game continues to be Jordan Love #10 for lighting a fire under you know who's you know what! 1,000+ yards of offense the first 2 games.
:bkw: :kaboom:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
21 Sep 2020 06:10
Upon further review and until further notice, my player of the game continues to be Jordan Love #10 for lighting a fire under you know who's you know what! 1,000+ yards of offense the first 2 games.
Nailed it. Me and my friends can't think of any other explanation.

Is it 2nd year in the offense? No. It is better fundamentals and introspection by Rodgers? No. Is it better route running and growing chemistry with the receivers? No. Is it Rodgers understanding the importance of rhythm and timing and getting the rid of the ball? No. Is it incredible Oline play against weak defensive fronts? No. Is it a stacked RB room who would take a bullet for reach other and gets 7+ yards a clip who can also block and receive? No.

All answers must always go back to the Thursday night of the NFL Draft. It's easy. It's lazy and it's correlational. So it must be true. Me and my friends can't think of any other explanation.
image.png
image.png (637.82 KiB) Viewed 486 times
image.png
image.png (464.61 KiB) Viewed 486 times
Yoop wrote:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
20 Sep 2020 16:49
Rashan Gary.
Gary is definitely a viable candidate this week: 1.5 sacks and the pressure that led to a pick-6. I'll stick with Jones and his career-high silly game, but it's close.

I feel like Gary is in a weird place when it comes to expectations - it's like people simultaneously expect him to suck due to hating the pick AND have high expectations of him due to that draft slot... :idn:

Chandon Sullivan would've been popular after a couple of good PDs and the pick-6.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Aaron jones gets my vote, he's well on his way to a 2000 yrd season, runner ups Sullivan and Gary

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
21 Sep 2020 07:32
NCF wrote:
20 Sep 2020 16:49
Rashan Gary.
Gary is definitely a viable candidate this week: 1.5 sacks and the pressure that led to a pick-6. I'll stick with Jones and his career-high silly game, but it's close.

I feel like Gary is in a weird place when it comes to expectations - it's like people simultaneously expect him to suck due to hating the pick AND have high expectations of him due to that draft slot... :idn:

Chandon Sullivan would've been popular after a couple of good PDs and the pick-6.
I mean the fact that Rashan Gary has, I believe, surpassed Preston Smith as far as our best defensive players to me is pretty huge.

Alexander credited Gary last week for his pressure on Cousins on the interception before half too. He is quietly doing some pretty good production.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
21 Sep 2020 07:50
Aaron jones gets my vote, he's well on his way to a 2000 yrd season, runner ups Sullivan and Gary
Me too. Aaron Jones without hesitation. :hail:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
20 Sep 2020 11:59
Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2020 11:41
my pick was clear originally, and made more clear after your complaint.
and I will not be making it any more clear now, if you can't be bothered to read, then just drop me from you game
There are 2 reasons why I want participants to make crystal clear picks (and votes): First is that other posters make their picks based on players picked before. That process takes more time if people have to read through any stuff to decipher who has already been picked. Secondly it takes up more of my time.

You could've just said you pick X, or added "so I pick X" to the story. I did like the story! If you made it more clear in the response you deleted, well I don't consider deleted posts.

So Boyle it is.

Harping about this wasn't personal. Asking for clear pick has a logic to it.
sure it was, It wont happen again though, no worry's about that

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Aaron Jones.
Expectations for Jones, Adams, and Rodgers are now climbing Everest. Rarified air.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
21 Sep 2020 06:46
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
21 Sep 2020 06:10
Nailed it. Me and my friends can't think of any other explanation.

Is it 2nd year in the offense? No. It is better fundamentals and introspection by Rodgers? No. Is it better route running and growing chemistry with the receivers? No. Is it Rodgers understanding the importance of rhythm and timing and getting the rid of the ball? No. Is it incredible Oline play against weak defensive fronts? No. Is it a stacked RB room who would take a bullet for reach other and gets 7+ yards a clip who can also block and receive? No.

All answers must always go back to the Thursday night of the NFL Draft. It's easy. It's lazy and it's correlational. So it must be true. Me and my friends can't think of any other explanation.

image.png

image.png
Could have been that Mel Kiper, Jr's comments on draft night had something to do with this as well..............maybe. The Packers will win most games by winning the turnover battle.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Jones deserves it just for that catch alone. So happy for a kid like that to be successful. Gary sure looks like Gutey and the coaches may actually know what they're doing too. I go
Jones
Gary
Sully.

pack power
Reactions:

Post by pack power »

Aaron Jones with my vote and gets it every week if he plays like he did this week.